Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: PASCO COUNTY Fire Rescue Hiring 2012

Forum Member

Default PASCO COUNTY Fire Rescue Hiring 2012

Hey friends!
    A few days ago I took the Pasco Co FR written test in addition to handing in
    My FT Cpat letter. Felt good about the test. I'm Florida ff and medic certified as well as having a little experience In ems and paid vol fire. I've done my homework on the dept and it seems that They are hoping to hire 11 ff/medics. Anyone in the same boat as I or anyone
    That works for PCFR that can give more insight? Seems like a great dept to work
    for.

Thanks.
    DH

Quote Originally Posted by DKH884 View Post
    Hey friends!
    A few days ago I took the Pasco Co FR written test in addition to handing in
    My FT Cpat letter. Felt good about the test. I'm Florida ff and medic certified as well as having a little experience In ems and paid vol fire. I've done my homework on the dept and it seems that They are hoping to hire 11 ff/medics. Anyone in the same boat as I or anyone
    That works for PCFR that can give more insight? Seems like a great dept to work
    for.

Thanks.
    DH

Cool, I'm in Pasco County too
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

Forum Member

They usually hire their part-time and volunteers first.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SVTxDUDE View Post
    They usually hire their part-time and volunteers first.

I can imagine they give those guys/gals a few preference points, like any other combo department.
    Did you test?

Forum Member

I tested with Pasco as well. They told me they would be considering medics first, and gave me my ranking. I am hoping I can schedule my state medic exam soon in order to move up the rankings. Any idea on how many Pasco will be hiring? I know they said 5 at the exam, but I heard a rumor they just got approved for more......

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mg813 View Post
    I tested with Pasco as well. They told me they would be considering medics first, and gave me my ranking. I am hoping I can schedule my state medic exam soon in order to move up the rankings. Any idea on how many Pasco will be hiring? I know they said 5 at the exam, but I heard a rumor they just got approved for more......
    Chief said 5 at the test, but I have heard they are looking to get approved to hire eleven. Lady over the phone when i called said they are doing backgrounds at the moment. very pleased with my ranking, now I'm just looking forward to an interview.

Forum Member

Same here man....good luck! Pasco did in fact get approved for the SAFER grant.

http://www2.tbo.com/news/pasco-news/...obs-ar-452695/

Forum Member

11 will be great . lady on the phone did mentioned that medics get preference , i ranked number 1 but im an emt . i imagine that atleast a couple of emt should be hired .

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mg813 View Post
    Same here man....good luck! Pasco did in fact get approved for the SAFER grant.

http://www2.tbo.com/news/pasco-news/...obs-ar-452695/
    I'm sure the county admin will accept it. There isn't much of a negative side to accepting it other than those they hire possibly getting laid off after a few years. But- I do like the idea at the end of the article of setting aside money to keep those positions after the grant expires.
    I wonder which new positions are covered under the grant? All 18, or just 7 that weren't included in the 11 they asked to hire originally. Either way- you won't see me turning a job down.

Forum Member

Yeah same here! I'm sure they are still in the process of determining exactly how many to hire. 18 would be nice! I was quite happy with my ranking as well........Does anyone know if there are 2 separate lists? One for medics and one for EMTs? Or are medics and EMTs all part of one main list? I am hoping to be able to schedule my state exam in time to be considered for medic!

MembersZone Subscriber

We don't have any part timers only volunteers. They do get extra points but I'm not sure how many. We are probably hiring 5 EMT's now. They exhausted the medic list. Rumor is they will test medics in Oct. and hire 9 off the EMT/Medics list. We were told the 18 from the safer grant would be additional to the 9. The statements in the paper make me think otherwise now. Sounds like if we except it we would be hiring 18 total not 27.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by wu1150 View Post
    We don't have any part timers only volunteers. They do get extra points but I'm not sure how many. We are probably hiring 5 EMT's now. They exhausted the medic list. Rumor is they will test medics in Oct. and hire 9 off the EMT/Medics list. We were told the 18 from the safer grant would be additional to the 9. The statements in the paper make me think otherwise now. Sounds like if we except it we would be hiring 18 total not 27.
    I ranked 3rd amongst the medics on the test they did a week and a half ago. What do you mean they exhausted the medic list?
    Last edited by DKH884; 08-06-2012 at 09:46 PM.

Forum Member

All very good information guys. however does anyone know what the process consist of after testing? how long is it ?. chief said top candidates will be called for interviews but lady on the phone said dont expect call for sometime . medics will be given preference .

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by DKH884 View Post
    I ranked 3rd amongst the medics on the test they did a week and a half ago. What do you mean they exhausted the medic list?
    They tested medics months ago and exhausted the list. I wasn't aware they tested medics this time around. So scratch the medic testing in Oct.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by zago07 View Post
    All very good information guys. however does anyone know what the process consist of after testing? how long is it ?. chief said top candidates will be called for interviews but lady on the phone said dont expect call for sometime . medics will be given preference .
    It is usually chiefs interview than the offer of employment. Once offered they do your background and you do your physical (medical). I heard they are pushing for the class to start in Oct. but thats just rumors. There is a class of 6 on orientation now. They should start field training in the next couple weeks. I don't see why they wouldn't hire soon.

Forum Member

Im assuming every rookie firefighter will first be assigned to a rescue . its this common ? either way as long as i get a job im all for it. will be posting info as i get it .

Quote Originally Posted by zago07 View Post
    Im assuming every rookie firefighter will first be assigned to a rescue . its this common ? either way as long as i get a job im all for it. will be posting info as i get it .
    Keep us updated. I hope to start next year.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by wu1150 View Post
    They tested medics months ago and exhausted the list. I wasn't aware they tested medics this time around. So scratch the medic testing in Oct.
    Ok thank you sir for the info

Forum Member

so apparently pasco county is in fact accepting the(SAFER) grant which means more jobs but most likely on as needed basis. (like orlando). BTW is anyone taking the PAT in lake county next week?

Forum Member

Anyone able to shed some insight add to how things unfolds from here? how long till interviews start taking place .

Thread Information