Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SLY4420

Thread: Paper App

Forum Member

Default Paper App

I was one of the fortunate ones to get the opportunity to put in an app during the extension. How do we know if it was accepted and/or what the app number is. Does it get attached to the online app so we can verify any movement or hopefully an 1199A? Just wondering if anyone has ever seen this or has an answer.
    Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MIDWESTCHIEF View Post
    I was one of the fortunate ones to get the opportunity to put in an app during the extension. How do we know if it was accepted and/or what the app number is. Does it get attached to the online app so we can verify any movement or hopefully an 1199A? Just wondering if anyone has ever seen this or has an answer.
    Thanks
    Not sure how this will work. Did you send it Certified Mail? I always send US mail signature Delivery confirmation.
    John & Sheila
    McMechen Volunteer Fire Department
    "Always Ready Always Faithful"

www.mcmechenvfd.com
    jdavis@mcmechenvfd.com

Forum Member

Unfortunately no. I didn't think about sending it certified although that makes the most sense.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by MIDWESTCHIEF View Post
    Unfortunately no. I didn't think about sending it certified although that makes the most sense.

General rule of thumb Chief; if it is a paper application to any program, always send certified with a return receipt requested. It's your only proof that you got it there on time.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

Resurrecting an old thread here... has anyone received an award for a "paper app"?

Forum Member

Not yet, but I did find one where a new app was started on Friday for a client. Supposedly they are going to enter those paper apps that are being funded to the online system to create an app number and make it easier to manage the awards. Would make the most sense to do it that way, just requires a spare body to do the entering and they're already spread pretty thin for staffing. Which is why everything is taking longer, on top of Sandy and snowstorm issues that helped keep the pace slow.

Forum Member

Thanks for the info. I had my whole app done online when it was due but then lost my internet connection and couldn't get it submitted... fortunately we had the paper app extension that I took advantage of. Too bad they couldn't just use the one I already have created online.

Forum Member

There was no automatic notification for receipt of a 2012 AFG paper application, but all applicants can contact the Help Desk 1-866-274-0960 and ask someone to verify when the application was received.
    Believed by many to be the best-administered homeland security grant in the country, the Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program provides an accessible competitive opportunity for fire departments and non-affiliated EMS agencies across the US to get funding for a wide range of operations and safety, vehicles, and regional communications projects.

Forum Member

Found an app number for the above mentioned paper app in my previous post, submitted yesterday according to the site. No 1199A yet but since there's been no movement overall on that front in a week or so it probably won't until we see more across the board. Handled by different sections so not surprising that it isn't there yet. Supposedly that's the MO too, paper app gets entered online in DC, then moved on from there.

MembersZone Subscriber

Looking for a little input or some thoughts on the following:
    Helping one of our neighbors who submitted a paper application, logged into the site today and I see their 2012 application listed in the status screen. There is no application number, in fact the application itself though it says "complete", really is not. It looks like I could go through and edit this application and attempt to submit it. I have no plans on doing this since my gut feeling is, why would AFG go through the trouble of loading a paper app onto the site if nothing was going to happen with it in the future.

Thoughts?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by utfd701 View Post
    I have no plans on doing this since my gut feeling is, why would AFG go through the trouble of loading a paper app onto the site if nothing was going to happen with it in the future.
    Good thinking

Keep checking it to see if it progresses further; Brian had one in a similar situation that now has an application number. I'd suspect good news soon.
    utfd701 likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by utfd701 View Post
    Looking for a little input or some thoughts on the following:
    Helping one of our neighbors who submitted a paper application, logged into the site today and I see their 2012 application listed in the status screen. There is no application number, in fact the application itself though it says "complete", really is not. It looks like I could go through and edit this application and attempt to submit it. I have no plans on doing this since my gut feeling is, why would AFG go through the trouble of loading a paper app onto the site if nothing was going to happen with it in the future.

Thoughts?
    Just remember every AFG application submitted resides on the portal, funded or rejected, they are all there. Sit tight and see what happens.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

They could have started the online app themselves also and it would sit at 100% complete. In fact you can go into any incomplete application from any year and make updates to it and it will show a current last modified date.

But if they didn't start a 2012 app at all, then that could be a good sign. In that case it would have a 2013 last modified date.

Forum Member

Has anyone out there seen or heard of any movement on the paper apps? Just wondering if that waiting game is gonna go on for quite some time also.

Forum Member

I to am in the waiting game for the paper apps. We were forced into it do to the derechio that hit the mid atlantic last june. I have received about three different answers from our regional afg person and am beginning to wonder if we were lost in "grant land" some where. I did send it certified so I do have a conformation of delivery and afg also shows it was delivered as well. I guess we are in a hold pattern, so might as well pull a seat up to the bar and have a drink with the rest....

Forum Member

The paper app I knew about the 1199A is on this week's list along with another one that I didn't because the login had changed. So there are a few hitting. Could be more coming.

Thread Information