Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default Aurora Fire Department

Anyone else on applying for Aurora? I turned in everything, and have my information packet.

I get 5 preference points, but it seem like the only way you can get 10 is if you live in the city of Aurora.
    Sincerely,

JuniorAFPD
    juniorafpd@gmail.com

Forum Member

Applied and passed FireTeam, but no word on bands yet. Getting 10 pts (5 for Veteran, 5 for Disabled Vet). Currently in the Denver FD background investigation phase as well, so we'll see which one pans out. Good luck to all!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jkgjr1 View Post
    Applied and passed FireTeam, but no word on bands yet. Getting 10 pts (5 for Veteran, 5 for Disabled Vet). Currently in the Denver FD background investigation phase as well, so we'll see which one pans out. Good luck to all!
    This is the Illinois forum, not Colorado...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by t1tan19 View Post
    This is the Illinois forum, not Colorado...
    Haha. Sorry guys. Best of luck though!

MembersZone Subscriber

Don't know if anyone else on here took the test, took it this morning, and I didn't think it was too bad....

I have pretty good memory skills, so it was an advantage to me. Good luck to everyone else!
    Sincerely,

JuniorAFPD
    juniorafpd@gmail.com

Forum Member

I took it this morning as well. It felt like less info to memorize than last time, no symbols, no tools/uses, 2 simple layout compared to the more in depth layouts, just felt like much more emphasis on the math. I know I got 1 wrong for sure, but I'm pretty confident on the rest. At least this time I have preference points.

I'm still on the current list so I'm hoping for something from that or this one.

MembersZone Subscriber

Good luck to you! I would say I feel pretty confident... I'm really good at math, and just couldn't remember 1 from the picture questions, and 1 from the stories questions... So I'm just hoping everything went well...

I get points as well... I get the 5 medic points.

Did you notice that Chief Carlson took the test with us???
    Sincerely,

JuniorAFPD
    juniorafpd@gmail.com

Forum Member

Hah! I knew that was him

MembersZone Subscriber

I think he was there to feel the vibe of the people testing... I'm sure he wasn't the happiest person when he looked around and saw people sleeping...

What department are you on t1tan?
    Sincerely,

JuniorAFPD
    juniorafpd@gmail.com

MembersZone Subscriber

FYI, Human Resources said they are sending out letters today.
    Sincerely,

JuniorAFPD
    juniorafpd@gmail.com

Forum Member

Mine just arrived, 104.167

Forum Member

Mine just arrived, 104.167

congrats! I got a 95 my number is just over 110. Im suprised I thought I would have scored higher. I think they said 450 people tested for aurora.

MembersZone Subscriber

Nice job to both of you! I was hoping for a top 20 finish... Currently I am #26 with a score of 100.

I guess we will see how many go through the polygraph process and make it through it...

The letter stated they are taking the first 20, so depending on if some people don't make it, I am right there!
    Sincerely,

JuniorAFPD
    juniorafpd@gmail.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Anyone know if the 7 that are supposed to get hired off the old list took this written?
    Sincerely,

JuniorAFPD
    juniorafpd@gmail.com

Forum Member

Last I've heard there's no confirmed 7 individuals to be hired yet, at least no job offers, but some of the people fully through the process that I know, did take this test.

As far as we can tell, they're holding off on the 7 until they can confirm the SAFER grant one way or the other to decide on 7, or 17, instead of starting a class then starting another a month later for the rest. From what I've heard, proposed start date of the academy for the 7-17 is Oct 20.

Forum Member

Last I've heard there's no confirmed 7 individuals to be hired yet, at least no job offers, but some of the people fully through the process that I know, did take this test.
    Correction - Offers went out last week, 2 of my coworkers on my department were hired pending physicals, so congrats to them. It was only 7 as far as I know. One offer was turned down so another off the list plus the 7, not to mention the few that have been removed from the list from non-compliance/failure etc. Personally sitting at #30 on the "current" list online, I'm expecting to actually be around 15, but I don't believe anyone past #20 have been fully processed, correct me if I'm wrong. For those 7, swearing in is OCT 19, academy begins OCT 22

Letters went out yesterday 9/24 to the top 20 to begin the process for the new list. #19 on the new list is one that was offered a job last week so everybody from there on will move up one spot, at least once he's sworn in and sure he doesn't need a spot on the new list. Everybody is guessing they want guys ready to go at a moments notice once the new list goes active, and with them beginning the process so early with the new list instead of moving forward with the current one, the possible SAFER 10, will come off the new list active NOV 2. They would stand to lose out on a lot of money spent for processing people with no guarantee of hiring. Supposedly the deadline for the SAFER grant is SEPT 30, so they should hear something one way or another any day now, but they only have 90 days to spend that money before the grant is lost.
    Last edited by t1tan19; 09-26-2012 at 01:19 AM.

Thread Information