Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 38
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: When nature calls?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    168

    Default Delete

    Deleted by user
    Last edited by Mr. D.; 08-08-2012 at 04:15 PM. Reason: DELETE


  2. #2
    Forum Member FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D. View Post
    Ok, forgive this strange question, but my mind thinks of weird things.

    Ok, here is the scenario:

    You are a full time paid FF and in the station. Last nights burrito buffet is starting to take it's tole on you. You grab 3 issues of Firehouse monthly, enter the lavatory and prepare for the night.

    All of a sudden the gong goes off for a fully involved structure fire. It's an "ALL HANDS ON DECK" situation. There is NO WAY you can just pinch and run.

    What do you do?
    what the fook are you talking about??? Go play with your blue lights junior.......
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  3. #3
    Forum Member Wolfn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    what the fook are you talking about??? Go play with your blue lights junior.......
    Excessive information but he does have a good point.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    what the fook are you talking about??? Go play with your blue lights junior.......


    It's just a question. no need to be rude.



    P.S. It's red lights thank you.
    Last edited by Mr. D.; 08-08-2012 at 09:58 AM. Reason: removed misunderstanding quote.

  5. #5
    Forum Member Wolfn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D. View Post
    It's just a question. no need to be rude.
    Well, the burrito buffet stuff was what I meant by excessive.

    But I do have to admit, I've been wondering the same thing. What if you just enter the toilet and the alarm goes off?
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

  6. #6
    MembersZone Subscriber tree68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Jefferson County, NY USA
    Posts
    2,279

    Default When Nature Calls

    It means I'll get to the station a few moments later than I would have otherwise (volunteer dep't).

    For the career guys, I'd have to imagine that it would depend on how badly they wanted you. If you're driving, they'll just have to wait.

    I think you'd have to be prepared for some ribbing when word gets out about why your response was delayed...
    Last edited by tree68; 08-08-2012 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Additional thoughts
    Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

    Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfn View Post
    Well, the burrito buffet stuff was what I meant by excessive.

    But I do have to admit, I've been wondering the same thing. What if you just enter the toilet and the alarm goes off?
    My bad. I thought you were saying that FWDbuff had a point. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tree68 View Post
    It means I'll get to the station a few moments later than I would have otherwise (volunteer dep't).

    For the career guys, I'd have to imagine that it would depend on how badly they wanted you. If you're driving, they'll just have to wait.

    I think you'd have to be prepared for some ribbing when word gets out about why your response was delayed...

    LOL. Yes all that is a given. But in our line of work, when seconds count, Do career guys have anyone extra in the house just in case someone can't jump on the truck at the moment, be it nature or any other reason, or do they do as you said and just have to wait?

  9. #9
    Forum Member CaptOldTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1999
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D. View Post
    Ok, forgive this strange question, but my mind thinks of weird things.

    Ok, here is the scenario:

    You are a full time paid FF and in the station. Last nights burrito buffet is starting to take it's tole on you. You grab 3 issues of Firehouse monthly, enter the lavatory and prepare for the night.

    All of a sudden the gong goes off for a fully involved structure fire. It's an "ALL HANDS ON DECK" situation. There is NO WAY you can just pinch and run.

    What do you do?

    Push hard, do the paper work and leave the head, get on the truck.

    If at home finish the job then leave and drive as normal as you can.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

    Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

  10. #10
    Forum Member Lewiston2FF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Niagara Falls, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    When a run comes in while doing number 2 and you have to pinch it off and shove TP in there, the correct term is "manpon".
    This was from another thread related to this topic.

    Having spent a little time in a Paid department firehouse, there arent any extra people around to allow you to sit and finish "downloading a file" so you cut it short and sand it down and get on the engine!
    Shawn M. Cecula
    Firefighter
    IACOJ Division of Fire and EMS

  11. #11
    Forum Member EastKyFF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    Shake it outta your pant leg as you board the rig.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.Ē
    --General James Mattis, USMC


  12. #12
    Forum Member Jonnee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D. View Post
    Ok, forgive this strange question, but my mind thinks of weird things.

    Ok, here is the scenario:

    You are a full time paid FF and in the station. Last nights burrito buffet is starting to take it's tole on you. You grab 3 issues of Firehouse monthly, enter the lavatory and prepare for the night.

    All of a sudden the gong goes off for a fully involved structure fire. It's an "ALL HANDS ON DECK" situation. There is NO WAY you can just pinch and run.

    What do you do?
    Shove what is showing back up and leave the bathroom.

  13. #13
    Forum Member Wolfn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF View Post
    Shake it outta your pant leg as you board the rig.
    It'll get washed later anyways
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

  14. #14
    Let's talk fire trucks! BoxAlarm187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,283

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D. View Post
    LOL. Yes all that is a given. But in our line of work, when seconds count, Do career guys have anyone extra in the house just in case someone can't jump on the truck at the moment, be it nature or any other reason, or do they do as you said and just have to wait?
    No, you better pinch it off, push it out, suck it back in, or do something...you must get on the rig quickly.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer


    Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

  15. #15
    Forum Member len1582's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    N.J.
    Posts
    1,392

    Default

    Just start wiping and clean up. You don't know it's ...a fully involved structure fire...until the first due company gets there. Even if it is, don't crap yourself over it....it'll still be burning when you get there so there's no need to skimp on paperwork.
    Last edited by len1582; 08-10-2012 at 04:56 PM.

  16. #16
    Forum Member Miller337's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D. View Post
    My bad. I thought you were saying that FWDbuff had a point. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
    Now that is FUNNY.
    Lose your stupid I fight what you fear crap and you MIGHT make it here. As to your original question I need a little info. What type of cabs are on your trucks? what is your position on said truck? With this info I can provide you with the best course of action.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fyredup jr View Post
    Now that is FUNNY.
    Lose your stupid I fight what you fear crap and you MIGHT make it here. As to your original question I need a little info. What type of cabs are on your trucks? what is your position on said truck? With this info I can provide you with the best course of action.
    No, what's funny is you. WTF is your problem? I'll have whatever the hell I want in my sig. Don't like it? Don't look at it. I could care less what you or anyone on this forum think about my sig or anything else. Loose that stupid dog wearing clothes pics and you might make it as a human being.


    I doubt you can provide anyone with any course of action.
    Last edited by Mr. D.; 08-11-2012 at 03:54 AM.

  18. #18
    Forum Member Miller337's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    928

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D. View Post
    No, what's funny is you. WTF is your problem? I'll have whatever the hell I want in my sig. Don't like it? Don't look at it. I could care less what you or anyone on this forum think about my sig or anything else. Loose that stupid dog wearing clothes pics and you might make it as a human being.


    I doubt you can provide anyone with any course of action.
    You are probably correct.

  19. #19
    Forum Member Wolfn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.

  20. #20
    Forum Member DeputyChiefGonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Somewhere between genius and insanity!
    Posts
    13,583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D. View Post
    No, what's funny is you. WTF is your problem? I'll have whatever the hell I want in my sig. Don't like it? Don't look at it. I could care less what you or anyone on this forum think about my sig or anything else. Loose that stupid dog wearing clothes pics and you might make it as a human being.


    I doubt you can provide anyone with any course of action.
    To quote Sgt. Hulka from Stripes....
    Lighten up Francis!
    You are coming across as a complete @$$hat.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Another Rollover of a Deadly Nature
    By JayTL in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-06-2006, 05:49 PM
  2. charlotte haz mat turns out to be nature
    By billconcord in forum Fire Wire
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-26-2005, 05:51 PM
  3. Usfa Releases Report On The Seasonal Nature Of Fires
    By SANDSTROMJM in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-09-2005, 04:36 PM
  4. mother nature
    By pvfr fyrfyter in forum Volunteer Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-02-2000, 12:52 PM
  5. Mother nature reminding us New England Can Burn...
    By Dalmatian90 in forum Wildland Firefighting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-10-2000, 06:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts