Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nicholi69 View Post
    So what does the CPAT consist of this year? Is it like the ones
    In the past or the real CPAT? Do I need to go ahead and seek repriocity
    For my Paramedic or wait to see I I even get that far. I'm a paramedic
    And originally from there just moved away 6 years ago looking to come back.
    National, standardized cpat this time. Different from years previously (except for the last process when they also used the cpat).

Everyone will take the written. NOT everyone will take the cpat. Only those they call to move ahead in the process will go through the cpat. So,you can probably wait.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TNFFP View Post
    Everyone will take the written. Not everyone will proceed with the CPAT, Medical and background. However, more than the requisitioned number of candidates will be pulled to complete the CPAT/Med/BG in anticipation of some failing any one part of that process. (i.e., if there will be 40 hired, HR may pull 60 to complete the entire process from the list to be able to field a class of 40 when it's all said and done).

Locals vs out of towners, there really is no preference. The only stipulation is that you will have to live in the city limits once hired--they are strict on this and check often.
    I heard that they just recently changed that from Shelby County in the last few years and this is currently a hot topic? Not that I wouldn't live in Memphis, got plenty of people down there that I know still just wondering as it's something that I heard recently.

Quote Originally Posted by blackrambo View Post
    i havent heard anything. i mailed ny documents that the email stated to send in. anyone coming from tx that applied
    Nah Illinois here, anyone up for dinner at the Rendezvous on the 7th?

MembersZone Subscriber

Im pretty sure the papers I signed said you had to live in Shelby County within six months of hire. I belive that is the new requirment although they have changed this rule five or six times since 2000.

http://www.cityofmemphis.org/policie...QUIREMENTS.pdf

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nicholi69 View Post
    Im pretty sure the papers I signed said you had to live in Shelby County within six months of hire. I belive that is the new requirment although they have changed this rule five or six times since 2000.

http://www.cityofmemphis.org/policie...QUIREMENTS.pdf
    It's now Shelby County. It had been the city limits previously but the residency requirements have been changed back to the county.

Forum Member

Thoughts on the test last week? Who took it?

Forum Member

Bump.

Anyone?

Forum Member

I took it, pretty straight forward. 2 parts. First section was 100 questions broken into Mechanical Comprehension, Reading Comprehension and Report and Stat Interpretation. It was pretty basic with some basic math and mostly reading comprehension. The second section was one of those weird "personality" type tests. 86 questions with only 30 minutes to take it. All of those questions on workplace theft, totally opinionated, I never understand how they use those to determine good employees. They told us not everyone would be invited to CPAT that it would start in January and you would be invited based on how well you scored on the written exam... I haven't received any invite yet so I hope the letters haven't already gone out. I am a little confused on the CPAT if it is the true "CPAT". You have to allow 8 weeks to train on it so how could they test candidates in January if they haven't sent the invites out yet?

Forum Member

Well I got a letter for CPAT orientation for the 10th of January. I know Human Resources said we would be tested in order based on our written test scores, not sure where I stand in the order though. Wish I knew more about the process but I imagine they are not allowed to share a lot of the info.

Forum Member

I received a letter for orientation in a couple weeks. Does anyone have an idea what this will consist of? At first I thought it was the actual CPAT administering date but then realized it was just an "orientation". Also, I live a few hundred miles north of the city and took the test because there are no jobs anywhere near my hometown so I was wondering if anyone on this thread knows a lot about the department or someone on the job as I know very little about the city and the department.

Forum Member

I also got the letter to test for the CPAT and am coming from Denver to take the orientation portion. I didn't realize that it was just an orientation and not the actual test date. Regardless, I'm going to go out for the practice and try to use the trip to figure out anything I can about the testing and the city in case I actually do somehow pull this whole thing off and get offered a position. Is there anyone who might have heard how many people have moved on to the CPAT?

MembersZone Subscriber

ORD84, ksbvx8, CW731 send me your email adresses...
    FTM-PTB

Forum Member

Has anyone been to the orientation yet?

Forum Member

Went to the orientation today. It was useful, nothing too groundbreaking but it definitely gave a little more insight on the scheduling and how the process will go moving forward. A couple guys said they heard there wouldn't be an interview. I have a hard time believing that, but does anyone else have any idea?

Forum Member

There won't be an interview.
    Last edited by TNFFP; 02-19-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Forum Member

They are going to assign you a time during the dates that are listed and then send it to you by email.

Forum Member

Thats correct.
    Last edited by TNFFP; 02-19-2013 at 11:38 AM.

Forum Member

Haven't gotten mine yet. I'm pretty sure they're going to email them out real close to when the actual test dates are, so you may not hear until the end of the session before which looks like the 19th according to the schedule.

Forum Member

It's always close. You won't get much of a heads up.
    Last edited by TNFFP; 02-19-2013 at 11:39 AM.

Forum Member

Background checks are being performed and references are being contacted right now--I would imagine for the first class/group being pulled from the list of those that have already passed the cpat.

I would ask your references and previous/current employers if they have been contacted (if you wish to know if you are being processed currently).

Forum Member

Are they using the info from the application back in August or did you fill something out separately?

Thread Information