+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Forum Member

Bump.

Anyone?

Forum Member

I took it, pretty straight forward. 2 parts. First section was 100 questions broken into Mechanical Comprehension, Reading Comprehension and Report and Stat Interpretation. It was pretty basic with some basic math and mostly reading comprehension. The second section was one of those weird "personality" type tests. 86 questions with only 30 minutes to take it. All of those questions on workplace theft, totally opinionated, I never understand how they use those to determine good employees. They told us not everyone would be invited to CPAT that it would start in January and you would be invited based on how well you scored on the written exam... I haven't received any invite yet so I hope the letters haven't already gone out. I am a little confused on the CPAT if it is the true "CPAT". You have to allow 8 weeks to train on it so how could they test candidates in January if they haven't sent the invites out yet?

Forum Member

Well I got a letter for CPAT orientation for the 10th of January. I know Human Resources said we would be tested in order based on our written test scores, not sure where I stand in the order though. Wish I knew more about the process but I imagine they are not allowed to share a lot of the info.

Forum Member

I received a letter for orientation in a couple weeks. Does anyone have an idea what this will consist of? At first I thought it was the actual CPAT administering date but then realized it was just an "orientation". Also, I live a few hundred miles north of the city and took the test because there are no jobs anywhere near my hometown so I was wondering if anyone on this thread knows a lot about the department or someone on the job as I know very little about the city and the department.

Forum Member

I also got the letter to test for the CPAT and am coming from Denver to take the orientation portion. I didn't realize that it was just an orientation and not the actual test date. Regardless, I'm going to go out for the practice and try to use the trip to figure out anything I can about the testing and the city in case I actually do somehow pull this whole thing off and get offered a position. Is there anyone who might have heard how many people have moved on to the CPAT?

MembersZone Subscriber

ORD84, ksbvx8, CW731 send me your email adresses...
    FTM-PTB

Forum Member

Has anyone been to the orientation yet?

Forum Member

Went to the orientation today. It was useful, nothing too groundbreaking but it definitely gave a little more insight on the scheduling and how the process will go moving forward. A couple guys said they heard there wouldn't be an interview. I have a hard time believing that, but does anyone else have any idea?

Forum Member

There won't be an interview.
    Last edited by TNFFP; 02-19-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Forum Member

They are going to assign you a time during the dates that are listed and then send it to you by email.

Forum Member

Thats correct.
    Last edited by TNFFP; 02-19-2013 at 11:38 AM.

Forum Member

Haven't gotten mine yet. I'm pretty sure they're going to email them out real close to when the actual test dates are, so you may not hear until the end of the session before which looks like the 19th according to the schedule.

Forum Member

It's always close. You won't get much of a heads up.
    Last edited by TNFFP; 02-19-2013 at 11:39 AM.

Forum Member

Background checks are being performed and references are being contacted right now--I would imagine for the first class/group being pulled from the list of those that have already passed the cpat.

I would ask your references and previous/current employers if they have been contacted (if you wish to know if you are being processed currently).

Forum Member

Are they using the info from the application back in August or did you fill something out separately?

Forum Member

Same original info from your application.

Have you taken/passed the cpat yet?

Forum Member

Ok, cool. I took the cpat on Thursday and completed it in a little under 8 minutes. I assume you completed it as well?

Forum Member

Good and yes. As it stands right now, if you pass the cpat you are essentially in. Assuming nothing negative turns up during your background test. Medical exam will be next step with a class "hopefully" in April or May and a second class from the list sometime over the summer.

Forum Member

That's good news. I appreciate the info, thanks.

Forum Member

It's been awhile since I got back on the boards. I took CPAT on January 25th and passed with something like an 8:45. Haven't heard of any of my references being contacted yet but I will ask. Any clue if having EMT or FF Certs help any? I would think they might but wasn't sure if they carried much weight. Also, any clue about the Paramedic status of the class? I keep hearing different things.

Forum Member

If you passed the CPAT, you should be good. When they pull you from the list after that (for which class) may depend on your written test score and the rest of your application. But, the general consensus is that those that pass the CPAT will continue on. I'm sure there will be a few that don't get picked up for a class now or down the road, but as a rule, if you passed the CPAT, you're good.
    As of now you wont have to be a medic but the city reserves the right to tell you that you have to be down the road should the face a medic shortage.

Forum Member

April class is not going. Classes will be June 2013 and October 2013.

Forum Member

Any word on why they're holding off on the April academy?

Forum Member

Thanks for all of the info. I did hear from one of my supervisors that they called him about my employment.

Forum Member

Not sure if the April class ever was set in stone. I was told about it last year sometime before the application process was even opened up. But, the June and October classes are a go I found out today.

Background information is begin pulled now for the first group and next thing will be the medical/physical exam, which will more than likely be the last part of April/first part of May. Could be before that but that's the likely timeframe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

Thread Information