Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Forum Member

It actually might have only been current employers but I'm pretty sure my references were contacted also. I can't remember if a few of my supervisors were listed as references or contacts for employment. I will have to go back and look at which ones I used for each. I had at least 3 people called that I know of.
    Last edited by rmhinkle; 03-12-2013 at 07:57 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by todd528 View Post
    Have you heard anything from the city personally?
    I have not heard anything from the city since CPAT.

Forum Member

Check and see. I'd be interested. As of now, it should've just been employers that were contacted with personal references upcoming with the remainder of the background information.

Forum Member

I still haven't heard anything from the city. My references all said they still haven't been contacted.

Forum Member

I recieved a letter from the city saying I made it to the next step and have been placed on an eligible register for consideration as openings occur.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rmhinkle View Post
    I recieved a letter from the city saying I made it to the next step and have been placed on an eligible register for consideration as openings occur.
    Should just be awaiting the medical portion now. And that should be about a month out from the start of the class. So, I would venture to guess around the first of May for the physical exam. Congrats!

Are you in Oxford?
    Last edited by TNFFP; 03-17-2013 at 05:22 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CW731 View Post
    I still haven't heard anything from the city. My references all said they still haven't been contacted.
    I don't think personal references are being contacted now. Just employers and previous employers. Check with them if you still have any communication with those jobs you listed.

Forum Member

I got a letter stating that I was moving on as well. Hoping it keeps moving along like this. pretty stoked. Is there anything after the physical exam?

Forum Member

Just some small admin things but at that point, if you pass the medical/physical exam, the only thing left is starting the academy.

Look for medical exams to be early May and class mid June if no more holdups.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TNFFP View Post
    Should just be awaiting the medical portion now. And that should be about a month out from the start of the class. So, I would venture to guess around the first of May for the physical exam. Congrats!

Are you in Oxford?
    Thanks, and yes a I am in Oxford. I'm from Jackson, MS but went to Ole Miss to play football and once I graduated I stayed in Oxford. I appreciate all of the info you have given us. I'm assuming you are a FF/Paramedic. Any areas you specialize in?

Forum Member

I recieed a letter from the city saying I made it to the next step and have been placed on an eligible register for consideration as openings occur.
    I received a letter as well this past Saturday.....Im currently living in Olive Branch so hopefully thats means we'll at the top of the list

Forum Member

Thanks, and yes a I am in Oxford. I'm from Jackson, MS but went to Ole Miss to play football and once I graduated I stayed in Oxford. I appreciate all of the info you have given us. I'm assuming you are a FF/Paramedic. Any areas you specialize in?
    No problem. It's a process but I tend to get some solid information so I like to share when I think it will help others.

And as far as specializing, I've been doing this for 10 years now, so I honestly thing being well-rounding in multiple areas is better than strong in one area and not so strong in another. You need all facets and you tend to draw from all experiences when needed. Especially in places like Memphis, just wait and see!

It sounds like everyone is on the right track.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by wlt30 View Post
    I received a letter as well this past Saturday.....Im currently living in Olive Branch so hopefully thats means we'll at the top of the list
    Should be in the first group up. I heard this week "at least 50" was the number they were looking to put in June's class.

It's a waiting game but sounds like you are on track.

Forum Member

If it wasn't for this site.....I wouldn't have been able to get to this point....When we started the process....I was living in an apartment... now I live in a home so my address changed and they sent my cpat letter to my old address....lucky I had been staying up to date with the process through this site so when guys started saying that they received their cpat letter...I called Memphis HR and they sent mine to my old address....Thankfully HR emailed me the letter and I was able to continue on....

Forum Member

Did your letter say you were moving to a medical portion or that you had been placed on the eligibility list? Just trying to find out if there were a couple different letters out there.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CW731 View Post
    Did your letter say you were moving to a medical portion or that you had been placed on the eligibility list? Just trying to find out if there were a couple different letters out there.
    Naw eligibility list same as yours....

Forum Member

I think everyone got the same letter. From my understanding 300 people were selected for the cpat. Out of those 300 like 280 showed up and I think 249 passed or something like that. They are doing background checks now and then will move on to the physical, which will most likely be the end of April or early may. Also this first class should be 60 and the second class 40
    Last edited by Msherman915; 03-22-2013 at 06:54 PM.

Forum Member

249/280 is a pass rate of ~88% and would probably be one of the highest pass rates seen.

I don't have the exact number confirmed that passed but I'll try to get it this week if able. I just don't think it's anywhere near the 249 (if only 280 took it).

I'll see what I can find out.

Forum Member

I think it was actually around 249 that showed up for cpat. But not a lot of people failed according to my knowledge. I just wish I knew how they were gonna rank people to see who gets in the first class

Forum Member

Class of 60 to start in June is still the (un)official word.

300 were pulled from the list for CPATs, "around 200" passed. Backgrounds started as soon as you passed the cpat and are continuing. The background process will whittle the number down and the medical as well. It's much more difficult to pull 60 from 180-200 people assuming that is the number that passed the CPAT.

If you got a letter back about "being on the eligible roster" then you are in good shape. It's just a matter of waiting now. Notification for Medicals should go out within 30 days.

Medicals performed in may. Class in June.

Thread Information