Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CW731 View Post
    Did your letter say you were moving to a medical portion or that you had been placed on the eligibility list? Just trying to find out if there were a couple different letters out there.
    Naw eligibility list same as yours....

Forum Member

I think everyone got the same letter. From my understanding 300 people were selected for the cpat. Out of those 300 like 280 showed up and I think 249 passed or something like that. They are doing background checks now and then will move on to the physical, which will most likely be the end of April or early may. Also this first class should be 60 and the second class 40
    Last edited by Msherman915; 03-22-2013 at 06:54 PM.

Forum Member

249/280 is a pass rate of ~88% and would probably be one of the highest pass rates seen.

I don't have the exact number confirmed that passed but I'll try to get it this week if able. I just don't think it's anywhere near the 249 (if only 280 took it).

I'll see what I can find out.

Forum Member

I think it was actually around 249 that showed up for cpat. But not a lot of people failed according to my knowledge. I just wish I knew how they were gonna rank people to see who gets in the first class

Forum Member

Class of 60 to start in June is still the (un)official word.

300 were pulled from the list for CPATs, "around 200" passed. Backgrounds started as soon as you passed the cpat and are continuing. The background process will whittle the number down and the medical as well. It's much more difficult to pull 60 from 180-200 people assuming that is the number that passed the CPAT.

If you got a letter back about "being on the eligible roster" then you are in good shape. It's just a matter of waiting now. Notification for Medicals should go out within 30 days.

Medicals performed in may. Class in June.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TNFFP View Post

300 were pulled from the list for CPATs, "around 200" passed. Backgrounds started as soon as you passed the cpat and are continuing. The background process will whittle the number down and the medical as well. It's much more difficult to pull 60 from 180-200 people assuming that is the number that passed the CPAT.

If you got a letter back about "being on the eligible roster" then you are in good shape. It's just a matter of waiting now. Notification for Medicals should go out within 30 days.

Thanks. All the info is helpful.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TNFFP View Post

I'm assuming if you got a letter for the eligibility roster then you would have passed all the tests and background checks and are just waiting for a position and medically cleared? I wouldn't think you would make it to the list before passing all the required tests and background check right?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rmhinkle View Post
    I'm assuming if you got a letter for the eligibility roster then you would have passed all the tests and background checks and are just waiting for a position and medically cleared? I wouldn't think you would make it to the list before passing all the required tests and background check right?
    We all received the same letter. That is including the guys who didn't get to take cpat. All we can do is be patient

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Msherman915 View Post
    We all received the same letter. That is including the guys who didn't get to take cpat. All we can do is be patient
    True, everyone receives the letter depending on where they are in the process. But, you do not progress to the CPAT just because it's "part of the process." You progress to the CPAT and background (hence the calling of employers, etc...) because you are being processed for an upcoming class.

I'm fairly confident that if you were selected for the CPAT, and you passed it, and if you know for a fact that your background was being looked into (i.e. employers called as one of the items), and if after that you received said letter, that you will be picked up for the class baring anything last minute such as failing the medical exam (which does and will happen).

But Msherman is right; it's a waiting game currently but within the next couple of weeks notifications should be made for the medical exam portion. The first part of May is still the target.

Forum Member

The caveat that comes with that is for WHICH class you will be picked up for. I won't make predictions that everyone will be picked up for June's class. But, between June's and October's classes, if you have made it this far with a letter in hand following CPAT, then you are sitting good for one of those classes.

Forum Member

Anyone have an idea of the medical exam requirements for vision? I wear contacts and this is always a worry for me. Ive passed every fire department medical so far but I know that some have harsher requirements than others.

Forum Member

If you've passed others, you should be fine. Typically it's "...correctable vision to 20/30.."

MembersZone Subscriber

I can't speak with complete certainty as the City has used several different medical testing providers however I can comment on my experience. When I went through my medical testing I initially failed my medical. I was failed due to orthopedic hardware in my leg. The testing provider required the complete chart from initial orthopedic consultation through the surgery and all the way through physical therapy, nearly 300 pages at .15 cents a page. In addition I had to get a letter from the attending physician who did my surgery stating my fitness for the job as well as a second letter from a second orthopedic surgeon at my cost. I strongly urge you to have your documentation on the ready for anything that may raise a red flag. The city has been known to be very last minute on hiring so be prepared. I had less than a week from the time I got the final ok to the time the academy started.
    FTM-PTB

Forum Member

Spoke with someone I know from HR. Told me for sure that if you were selected to to take the CPAT, and you passed it, and if after that you received a letter about being placed on the eligibility list, then you are definitely being processed for June's class.

Also:

- Background checks have been completed.
    - Notification for medical testing may come by Friday of this week but if not then it will be first thing next week.
    - Between 80-100 are expected to take the medical exam
    - Class will be around 60 and will include some paramedics
    - Start date for the class is still mid-June.
    - Offers will go out with not a lot of notice. Could be a matter of a few days, but that's expected by now from the city. They aren't known for giving you a lot of time to prepare. I say this just in case you are out of town. If you received a letter, and are fairly confident that you're in good health and will pass the medical portion, you may want to look at getting the affairs in order according to the above timeframe, however you are to do that.

Not a lot of new information but hopefully the confirmation helps ease some minds.

Forum Member

Just curious if anyone received anything today? I checked and did not as of right now.

Forum Member

Nothing yet in my neck of the woods.

Forum Member

Well I just recieved a call from HR asking for my drivers license history printout. My license is from MS and she said they couldn't run it so I hope that doesn't set me back. She said they were still finishing background checks. I'm not sure if that meant the first batch is already finished and I am in the next group to be checked or if they haven't finished yet. She did say to get it by the end of the week and that a class was still temporarily scheduled for mid June.

Forum Member

Off topic, but looks like R2 and R3 are working a pretty good wreck right now. Reported 8000 gallon tanker rollover carrying fuel with multiple leaks.

Forum Member

I am from out of state and got a similar phone call. She made it sound like she was processing us for the June class but I don't really know. Just speculation. She didn't give me a 100 percent answer (understandably)

Forum Member

If you got a call, it's for June.

Forum Member

Default Physical

Has anyone herd anything from Memphis about the medical physical

Forum Member

Nothing has made it out here to Colorado yet

Forum Member

I got a call yesterday for a conditional job offer. HR stated that it was a job offer, contingent upon passing the medical and psychological exams. Medical exams will be early the week of the 6th of May. Mine is Tuesday. Pschological exams will be the week after. "Official" job offers will be made June 3rd, and the academy will start June 17th.

Forum Member

Anyone else get a call with a conditional offer?

Forum Member

So out of everyone on here, ONE person has been contacted with an offer?

Strange.

Thread Information