Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Forum Member

I personally know three other guys that got calls as well from here in the Memphis area. I went downtown pretty early to pick up the packet of paperwork to fill out for the medical, and there were not very many other packets there. I'm willing to bet that calls will continue to he made throughout the week

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1gnanney View Post
    I personally know three other guys that got calls as well from here in the Memphis area. I went downtown pretty early to pick up the packet of paperwork to fill out for the medical, and there were not very many other packets there. I'm willing to bet that calls will continue to he made throughout the week
    I guess you are local? Are you a paramedic or do you have some other qualifications like 1001? Just curious.

Forum Member

Here's what I found out:

Calls are being made (last) Friday, Monday and Tuesday. You are being called according to your scheduled physical date so there is minimal time for "preparation," as part of the medical portion is a drug screening (should be no surprise).

Fridays' calls should be for those scheduled for Tuesday. Should you get a call today (Monday) or tomorrow (Tuesday), your scheduled physical should be Wednesday/Thursday.

As has been sad before, HR doesn't make it easy and a 1-2 day notice for them is considered "good."

Forum Member

Default Phone calls

So lets say hypothetically speaking they call and you can't answer. Will they just skip over you and go to the next person

Forum Member

No. They'd leave a message or call you again. They've invested a lot of time (read: money) into you already if you've made it to the point of a conditional offer.

Saying that, if you see a missed call from a city number, I'd call HR just to ask. It's not going to hurt anything.

Forum Member

Thank you. I have been wondering about it. Nervous I might miss the call

Forum Member

rmhinkle I am a Paramedic with no fire certs and live in Memphis. All the info TNFFP has provided sounds concurrent with what I was told and what seems to be going on with what they will not tell us. Oh the HR lady read off to me over the phone, and the job acceptance form both state that this class will be required to obtain their Paramedic within 3 1/2 years as well

Forum Member

What have they done in the past for individuals who's EMT certifications don't transfer from out of state? Do they have a separate class?

Forum Member

You'll go through the EMT portion with the class during the academy like everyone else.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1gnanney View Post
    rmhinkle I am a Paramedic with no fire certs and live in Memphis. All the info TNFFP has provided sounds concurrent with what I was told and what seems to be going on with what they will not tell us. Oh the HR lady read off to me over the phone, and the job acceptance form both state that this class will be required to obtain their Paramedic within 3 1/2 years as well
    Thanks for the info. I haven't received a call yet, so I will keep my fingers crossed for tomorrow. Congrats to those that got the offer.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TNFFP View Post
    You'll go through the EMT portion with the class during the academy like everyone else.
    Awesome. I appreciate all your help with everything along the way.

Forum Member

Has anyone received a call on Monday or Tuesday? I never received one but I haven't heard anyone else say they got a call except for the guys on last Friday.

Forum Member

I got a call yesterday.

Forum Member

Default Phone calls

I haven't heard anything. And from what everyone is saying, today is the last day they are calling. Congrats to whoever got a call!

Forum Member

There will be calls made tomorrow (Wednesday) as well.

Forum Member

I did not receive a call today either. I'm real curious to know how it is shaking out. I guess if we do not get the offer we will probably not receive a call letting us know we didn't make the cut. I would just like to know either way.

Forum Member

Yesterday I called the HR lady that previously called to have me send her my driving history sheet. She told me that they were running all of my information but i was not on the list of people to be hired in June but i have a shot at the next class which she said could in October or November. So id give her a call rmhinkle.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by todd528 View Post
    Yesterday I called the HR lady that previously called to have me send her my driving history sheet. She told me that they were running all of my information but i was not on the list of people to be hired in June but i have a shot at the next class which she said could in October or November. So id give her a call rmhinkle.
    Thanks for the info. I called also and found out I did not make the June class. I am glad I was able to find out. It's hard to plan on anything without knowing. She did say that all the calls for June have been made. So if you did not receive one you did not make it for the June class. She did say there would be another class and that's why I am still on the register but she didn't say when that would be.
    Last edited by rmhinkle; 05-09-2013 at 10:42 AM.

Forum Member

Sorry to hear that, rmhinkle. Strange. Everyone that made it through was supposed to be considered for June's class. Not sure what changed unless there is an alternate list in case some don't make it through and they need to fill the class. There is still an outside chance should that happen. But if not, you're up next for the October class.

Forum Member

I too found out I did not make the June class. I'm upset and aggervated along with the rest of you; since I've been trying to get on for 10 years! Considering that around 200 passed the CPAT, I knew all of us would not get in the June class but hopefully the October class. However, after contacting HR today, I found out some might possibly not be in the October class either but in a third class next year.

Thread Information