Page 5 of 14 First ... 2345678 ... Last
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: San Antonio 2012

Forum Member

Anybody have any updates or anything?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheHulk86 View Post
    Anybody have any updates or anything?
    I was in the 106 thru 150 group last evening. We did our ergometrics test and went over the personal history statement. Class has been increased to 45 and pushed back to January 2014. Currently, no plans for a 2nd class for the 2012 hiring cycle. The investigator I spoke with said there have been many DQs in the top 100. I am guessing that is why there have been so few individuals polygraphed and they have moved up to rank 150. At rank 129, the investigator told me I have a high chance of getting in as long as I do not have any “baggage”. Has anyone that has taken their polygraph heard back?

Forum Member

As far as I know, I'm still moving on in the process. Haven't been told otherwise. IDK if that number over 12 polygraphed has increased tho

Forum Member

Hulk, have you had your polygraph yet? I'm in the top 50 and was told my packet was being handed in two weeks ago, I'm sure there will be a while wait for me to hear back. I noticed on one of the threads for a previous San Antonio recruitment that one of the candidates was disqualified but they told him exactly why, so it seems as though San Antonio will be straight forward and inform us if we are no longer in the process.

Forum Member

What do you mean handed in? I have not polygraphed yet. They called me a while back to let me know they were about done calling my references. IDK what else they do besides calling those and your work history, but that's as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky_138 View Post
    Hulk, have you had your polygraph yet? I'm in the top 50 and was told my packet was being handed in two weeks ago, I'm sure there will be a while wait for me to hear back. I noticed on one of the threads for a previous San Antonio recruitment that one of the candidates was disqualified but they told him exactly why, so it seems as though San Antonio will be straight forward and inform us if we are no longer in the process.

Forum Member

My investigator told me she was about done with everything on my background check and that she was going to put my packet on the Chiefs desk, I guess when they finish they give it to the Chief for review?

Forum Member

Ahh ok that makes sense. I was thinking about the city mgr, but that's when the are done with absolutely everything. Have you polygraphed or anything yet?

Forum Member

No, I'm waiting to hear back.

Forum Member

Well hopefully those of us who are waiting on the next call hear something this week. Something I hadn't thought of was at the ergometrics we all picked the date to hand in our packet. So someone ranked 75th could've turned in their packet on the first day where as the guy ranked 10th could've turned it in on the last day...so rank would seem to matter not as much in how fast your packet gets done, just where you wind up

Forum Member

I just got a call today to set up a time for the Poly etc. the week of the 2nd.

Forum Member

So I am guessing that the next test will probably not be until this class starts. And it looks like this class will not start until Jan 2014. So next test might in Feb 2014?? Thoughts?

I'm going to Air Force OTS this fall and that would be perfect for me, if thats the case!

Forum Member

This year's proposed budget includes $3 million worth of replacement equipment and two cadet classes, with 43 fire and 40 EMS trainees, in 2014. At the committee meeting, Hood and the council members discussed how the department should plan for the future and keep response times low.

http://mobile.mysa.com/mysa/db_28310...tguid=k1MFOESh

Forum Member

Thread has kinda died. Anyone still in the current process on here? Where you at, if so.

Forum Member

Thread has kinda died. Anyone still in the current process on here? Where you at, if so.
    I am turning in some paperwork this week, I am guessing the poly will follow. How about you? Have you taken the poly? If so, have you heard back?

Forum Member

Yes, I took mine a couple weeks ago. You will know right there if you passed or not. Physical is after that.

If you're turning in your phs be prepared to wait a while...those take some time.

Forum Member

I flew in from out of town and did the Poly, Psyche and Physical in 2 days, does anyone know when they plan to send everything to the City Manager for final consideration?

Forum Member

When they have enough files to fill the applicants spots open for the academy.

Forum Member

I flew in from out of town and did the Poly, Psyche and Physical in 2 days, does anyone know when they plan to send everything to the City Manager for final consideration?
    If you don't mind me asking, Sparky, what city are you coming from and what made you choose San Antonio as an out of state department to apply for.

Forum Member

If you don't mind me asking, Sparky, what city are you coming from and what made you choose San Antonio as an out of state department to apply for.
    I am from Phoenix. I have been told that Arizona is the hardest place to get hired but, I never tested outside of the State before. I chose San Antonio because it was close enough for me to drive to, big enough to do pretty much any function in the Fire service, I hope to be on a Technical rescue team some day, and there was no EMT certification required and since I dont Have my National registry any more pretty much any city that requires an EMT outside of AZ is off my list.

Forum Member

If there's anything this process will teach you, it's patience. Been waiting almost 2 weeks to hear if I can move onto the next step...want to call like crazy, but just need to wait.

Forum Member

Anyone from San Antonio still in the process? Anyone taken the psychological here? I know out of towners took all three at the same time...any word?

Forum Member

Looks like San Antonio is going forward into the initial eligibility list. Here is their update on the website

Current Applicants

Ergometrics Test Schedule

Applicants from the 2012 test between 151 and 200 that passed the CPAT, the next step is the ergometrics test. It will be held at the fire training academy, 300 South Callaghan on Wednesday, October 16, 2013. The test will be at 6:00 p.m. and will last approximately one hour. We will then go over the Personal History Statement, which will take approximately two hours. Dress is business Casual and you will need a picture I.D.

You will need to start securing the following documents. They will be taken up when you turn in your Personal History Statement.

Birth Certificate (issued by County or State)
    High School Transcript
    G.E.D. Certificate and Grades
    College Transcript (s)
    D.D. 214
    Marriage License
    Divorce Decree
    Accident Reports (from last 4 years)
    Arrest Report
    Credit Report & Score
    Hepatitis B (3 shots)
    Meningitis

Forum Member

More disqualifications, or will there be a second academy?

@TheHulk86 have you finished the process or are you still waiting to move to the Psyche eval?

Forum Member

More disqualifications, or will there be a second academy?

@TheHulk86 have you finished the process or are you still waiting to move to the Psyche eval?
    I'm thinking more DQs.

Yes, I'm still waiting...trying to be patient. I took the medical exam about 4 weeks ago. Passed it while there but obviously had to wait for drug/blood. I called a week later and they said they would let me know and to be patient.

How about you Sparky?

Forum Member

Got it all done just waiting for them to send everything to the city manager for final selections, hopefully I get at least a month advanced notice so I can move. When I did the Psyche eval the Psychologist said last year the first 50 applicants were DQ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 First ... 2345678 ... Last

Thread Information