+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 First ... 45678910 ... Last
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: San Antonio 2012

Forum Member

Dang, thats crazy. I guess the waiting game begins again. Hulk, are you at the point of just waiting for the academy to start now, or do you still have more to go through?

Forum Member

I still have to be scheduled for my psychological exam. So, pretty much yes..just waiting to do that

Forum Member

Crazy to think that a year ago today, (4th last year) we started this crazy process with the entrance exam. Never imagined everything that was a part of the process when sitting down to take the exam, but it's been a long journey. Hopefully it ends up a with a new life in January.

Forum Member

I honestly didnt even expect to make it this far in the process. It was my first time testing anywhere, so i had no idea what to expect of the process at all. I'm with you though- hopefully it pays off come january

Forum Member

That's pretty awesome having your first try get you so far..I've been trying all over Texas for about 3 years.

Forum Member

I had my psychological evaluation yesterday, and it felt great to finish the last step.

He told me for some reason they had abruptly paused the process for a while and he was given the go to continue his interviews. Some people have been waiting since September when he did their interview.

He said he has done 16 & has about 30 left to fill the 46 spots for the class starting late January. They are hoping to get the files to the city manager before Christmas, and if not, at the beginning of the new year..at least 2 weeks before the class begins.

Just waiting now. Good luck to all who still have to take the psych evaluation.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheHulk86 View Post
    I had my psychological evaluation yesterday, and it felt great to finish the last step.

He told me for some reason they had abruptly paused the process for a while and he was given the go to continue his interviews. Some people have been waiting since September when he did their interview.

He said he has done 16 & has about 30 left to fill the 46 spots for the class starting late January. They are hoping to get the files to the city manager before Christmas, and if not, at the beginning of the new year..at least 2 weeks before the class begins.

Just waiting now. Good luck to all who still have to take the psych evaluation.
    That's awesome! I am going in for my polygraph tomorrow. Mr. Hines mentioned I will receive a conditional offer to hire before the poly. I assuming one was offered to you as well at the time of your poly? Do you know if the offer means one is within the top 46 or is there a chance one won't make the final cut even with passing the remaining tests? If you don't mind me asking, what is your rank? I am 129. So are you done? Are you just waiting for them to get their 46? If so, congratulations! Hopefully, I will be joining you come January.

Forum Member

I think if you sign a conditional offer and pass the three tests after it you are good. I can't imagine dropping you've signed but Idk for sure.

Yes, I am just waiting now for the final 46 and the city manager review.

I am in the top 50

Forum Member

I think if you sign a conditional offer and pass the three tests after it you are good. I can't imagine dropping you've signed but Idk for sure.

Yes, I am just waiting now for the final 46 and the city manager review.

I am in the top 50
    Thanks for the input. If everything goes well tomorrow, I am definitely asking for some clarification on the conditional offer. I don't want to get too excited if there is a possibility I don't get in for reasons other than not passing the remaining tests. Well, keep yourself eligible and stay in shape!

Forum Member

Hulk and Longhorn, congrats on getting through the poly. I am still waiting for the investigator to get to my phs, so we will see how that goes.

Random question: when you got your fbi fingerprint info back, what kind of envelope did it come in? I got some sort of a package in a generic 'return service requested' envelope this week, and i dont want to open it in fear that its my fbi stuff and i wil have to go through the fingerprint process again for opening it myself. Did what you got in the mail say something like, 'fbi' or 'confidential' so you knew not to open it?

Forum Member

Yes, mine said Federal Bureau of Investigation on it. Very clear that it was my finger prints..small envelope

Forum Member

Passed my poly today! Scheduled my medical and psychological exams today as well. From what I was told, they might be going as high in the 170s to get the 43. My rank is 129, but I was only the 33rd person to pass their poly. Ballpark, it looks like 100 individuals have been DQed thus far. Best of luck for those that are still in the running.

Forum Member

Forgot to mentioned, the start date for the academy is 1/27/14.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by longhorn2008 View Post
    Forgot to mentioned, the start date for the academy is 1/27/14.
    congrats man. That's good info. to know. Hopefully they get everyone done quick so we can hear for sure that we are to report with a call or letter!

Did he clear up your questions about the conditional offer?
    Last edited by TheHulk86; 11-20-2013 at 11:05 PM.

Forum Member

congrats man. That's good info. to know. Hopefully they get everyone done quick so we can hear for sure that we are to report with a call or letter!

Did he clear up your questions about the conditional offer?
    In a nutshell, pretty much in. They are sending 45 folders to the city manager for 43 vacancies. The only way I see one not getting selected over another is if that person has a DYI or an arrest and the other person doesn't. I think that's what they mean when they say the city manager will use her discretion. She also might favor military service over college grads.

Forum Member

Hey Hulk,

Do you remember how long you are suppose to fast before the medical exam? I can't remember if it was midnight or earlier than that.

Thanks!

Forum Member

They told me midnight

Forum Member

Spoke with Mr. Hines today. Official letters are to be sent out around 2 weeks before the academy starts. I need to start looking for a place, but I don't want to jinx myself!

Forum Member

So where are you in the process longhorn?
    I kinda feel the same way about not wanting to jinx yourself, but you gotta plan!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by longhorn2008 View Post
    Spoke with Mr. Hines today. Official letters are to be sent out around 2 weeks before the academy starts. I need to start looking for a place, but I don't want to jinx myself!
    If you are single put a note on here for a spare room for a month or two till you get your feet on the ground

Forum Member

So where are you in the process longhorn?
    I kinda feel the same way about not wanting to jinx yourself, but you gotta plan!
    I just did my medical exam yesterday. I am scheduled for my psychological exam next week, 12/5.

Forum Member

Nice hopefully that will be the last week of psychological exams!

Forum Member

Did anybody call Lt. Ernst after the CPAT to ask about the Cadet Fitness program? It'd be interesting to know if I'm on track or need to amp up my workouts

Forum Member

What's your personal program look like?

Forum Member

I have been focusing mostly on cardio and calisthenics. I probably run too much but it is definitly a stress relief and I made sure I am well above the minimum requirements of push ups sit ups pull ups and the rest. I have done some crossfit like fight gone bad and Clovis, the only thing I've been consistent on though is running, I get 15 to 25 miles in per week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 First ... 45678910 ... Last

Thread Information