Banned

Default ATTENTION EVERYONE (please read)

I am new to this forum and was happy to find a place I could join other brothers and sisters to talk and relax. I looked around for a while and then decided to make my first few postings. Now for whatever reason, things got out of hand. Some people didn't like something I said or something I posted or whatever and things turned sour from there. I can not make any one here like me or like everything I post no more then I can make myself like everything that is posted here. But that is what online communities are about, diversity.

Some people here think that I am "just some kid" or whatever. I may be young and I am sure that to a lot of you older guys and gals I am a kid. But I have been through and done a lot in my few short years of life. One thing I have learned is to stand up and be a man and admit when I am wrong. So I admit that I did wrong on this forum. When some people made smart *** comments about my post or photos or whatever, I should have just ignored it. It was very childish of me to retaliate. There was no excuses for it. Having a bad few days, whatever. That's not the forums problem and I should not have brought it in here.

So to help start anew Let me take a step back and refresh things a bit.

Hello. I am Mr. D. I got this user/nick name because I have an interest in vintage 1920'30's life. So this is my persona when I attend swing and jazz events.

I am 33 years old, high school grad. Originally from Orlando, FL, I now reside in North Carolina. I am married with a 5 year old son and a 3 month old daughter. I have many hobbies other then the ones listed above, such as model railroading, railfanning, automotive, and movies.

I went to college for an automotive degree, however one semester shy of finishing, the school dropped the course.

My firefighting career started when I was a Sr. in high school in 1999. I joined as a Jr firefighter along with my GF at the time on her uncles department. When she and I split up, I left the department and joined another closer to me. After I graduated, I joined the Air Force. 2 weeks into basic I was injured and discharged. I moved around a bit and tried to join departments in the areas I lived, but none had any openings. I recently moved back to this area and rejoined my old department again.

There are 14 departments in our rural area, all volunteer. Sadly our department is the "redheaded step child" of them all. We are working hard to change that appearance. I am working hard to help bring us into the 21st century, with even small steps like a FB page and web site. We have 21 members, 3 of which are first responders.

I joined the department because I love the job. I respond to all calls so that I can learn as much as I can. I take great pride in being a firefighter, as I am sure all of you do as well. It's not about the glory. It's about the feeling inside you get. That is why I don't see negative in things like my signature image. To me it's just a pride thing. I am sorry if it offends some.

We are all brothers and sister in this world wide family. We should not be fighting each other. I understand how I appeared to some as a newbie FF kid. I get it. But that's not my intention. I am all about doing things the right way and the safe way, and following all rules.

So in closing (as it is 3:10 am and I am tiered), I hope you all can take this to heart and forgive a new guy for jumping the gun. We are all human.

My most humblest apologizes to those that I wronged in here and others that had to witness the events, and to the administration for causing disruption in your house.

Thank You.

-Mr. D

Forum Member

Nice post, brother. You're not the first one to get off to a rocky start in the forums, but you are in a pretty small minority that was willing to back up, clear the air, and offer to start over. You've got my support.

I know I was among the earliest and most persistent in busting your balls elsewhere. Underneath it all, we were all trying to help you, but I probably got a little too "honey badger" part of the time. I apologize for burrowing under your skin so hard.

Anyhow, let's trash the trash and get back to building a community where we can learn and have some laughs. Welcome aboard.
    I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF View Post
    Nice post, brother. You're not the first one to get off to a rocky start in the forums, but you are in a pretty small minority that was willing to back up, clear the air, and offer to start over. You've got my support.

I know I was among the earliest and most persistent in busting your balls elsewhere. Underneath it all, we were all trying to help you, but I probably got a little too "honey badger" part of the time. I apologize for burrowing under your skin so hard.

Anyhow, let's trash the trash and get back to building a community where we can learn and have some laughs. Welcome aboard.
    Agreed....
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Banned

Thanks.

Forum Member

Welcome and best wishes for a long, safe and happy career. This October will be 39 years of service, and every single day has been a great one.
    everyonegoeshome.com

Let's talk fire trucks!

Quote Originally Posted by EastKyFF View Post

Agreed with the brother from Eastern Kentucky!
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

Dude. You are good with me man.

Thread Information