Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Help!!! Training

My department is a small paid department, 3 stations and only 52 personal. I live in Florida and want to further my education. I talked to my training chief today, I was told there are only limited spots in the fire officer classes being held in house. I asked what classes I should begin to take, I was told I needed to wait for pump operations, which starts in over a year. I've been at this department for over 3 years now. I have time and the want to further my education. Where do I start? Fire officer? Any help will be appreciated. I believe my department will do little to help.

Forum Member

Look for training events at other depts. in your area. 3 years and you need to wait for pump ops??? Even my POC dept. teaches that to the newboys.

Forum Member

I've been on the Florida Fire College web page looking... Allot of them require further education. It's funny because some of the new firefighter's where given special in house pump opperations classes. I wasn't allowed that special treatment, I have to wait.

Thread Information