Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tualatin Valley Fire and Rescue - 2012

Word is these guys are pulling a list soon from NTN. Any word out there please update!

Any insiders with info on the dept?

How many on the engine, cross-staffed, funding, transport (BLS or ALS), shift type (kelley vs. debit)

Forum Member

I don't live in the area anymore, but from what I can remember is they are VERY well funded. They run medic units and engines. When I left Metro west was still transporting for them and they would transport in their medic units if needed. ALS department. They cover a very large area (9 cities and unincorporated areas).

I used to live down the street from one of their newer stations and have done ride alongs. Nice stations, very upkept and a bunch of great guys.
    Professional Firefighter/EMT-B

Forum Member

Haven't heard anything on them pulling anytime soon. I did hear that they may pull in October-Novemberish like last year. They run a 4 man paramedic engine and truck company's. They are very well funded. They also have paramedic cars (FJ cruisers) that are spread out amongst the district. The only transporting medic unit that I have seen is Medic 50, but everything fieronfire said is right on.

I did prob half a dozen sleeper ride alongs there and it was amazing, Def, one of my top departments to want to work for.

Forum Member

Ok Scratch what I said before. I just heard they pulled from NTN on Monday for interviews in September.

Forum Member

Interviews are tentatively scheduled for early September I have not heard when the list will be pulled but it has to be soon. Like fireonfire said its a great department that covers a large area. The rumor is hiring 12 medics and 4 basics for this next academy.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cbar84 View Post
    Ok Scratch what I said before. I just heard they pulled from NTN on Monday for interviews in September.
    fuu I just retook my NTN on monday, hopefully they got it lol.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fieronfire View Post
    fuu I just retook my NTN on monday, hopefully they got it lol.
    What were your new scores and old scores?

MembersZone Subscriber

I plan on taking the NTN test in the near future and am curious to know how often TVF&R pulls from the list? If I took the test in October, would they pull from the list before my year expires? Will TVF&R continue to hire both EMT's and Medics for the foreseeable future or do they plan on hiring only Medics in the future? Thanks

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nnfra200302 View Post
    I plan on taking the NTN test in the near future and am curious to know how often TVF&R pulls from the list? If I took the test in October, would they pull from the list before my year expires? Will TVF&R continue to hire both EMT's and Medics for the foreseeable future or do they plan on hiring only Medics in the future? Thanks
    The way I understand it is the test is open continuous so they will pull the list when they are looking to start a hiring process. The way NTN works is your test scores are good for 12 months and you can retake the test every 6 months. So if you took the test last October then your test score should be pulled assuming you selected TVF&R as one of the departments to see your results. Rumors Ive heard are at least one academy a year but thats all speculation. More then likely academies will have both medics and basics thats how they have traditionally done it in the past with a few exceptions.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by nomex82 View Post
    The way I understand it is the test is open continuous so they will pull the list when they are looking to start a hiring process. The way NTN works is your test scores are good for 12 months and you can retake the test every 6 months. So if you took the test last October then your test score should be pulled assuming you selected TVF&R as one of the departments to see your results. Rumors Ive heard are at least one academy a year but thats all speculation. More then likely academies will have both medics and basics thats how they have traditionally done it in the past with a few exceptions.
    Thanks, this will be my first time taking the NTN test. To those of you who have tested before, how high do you have to score on the fireteam test to stand a chance at getting an interview?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cbar84 View Post
    What were your new scores and old scores?
    Old score was 81 video test, 86 mech

new score was 78 video, 86 mech.

that sucks

Forum Member

[QUOTE=Fieronfire;1338255]Old score was 81 video test, 86 mech

Prob, wont get an interview from those scores, not to sound like a downer but ive been there and done that. You need to be in the 88% or above range with the 70% 30% breakdown. If you want to find your overall score using that percentage breakdown take your HR score and x it by .7 then do your Mech and x that by .3 and add the two together to get your overall %
    Keep at it. It can get tough taking these tests over and over and over again without improvement but one day it will just click and you will score well and interviews will flow in......

Forum Member

[QUOTE=Cbar84;1338262]
    Quote Originally Posted by Fieronfire View Post
    Old score was 81 video test, 86 mech

Prob, wont get an interview from those scores, not to sound like a downer but ive been there and done that. You need to be in the 88% or above range with the 70% 30% breakdown. If you want to find your overall score using that percentage breakdown take your HR score and x it by .7 then do your Mech and x that by .3 and add the two together to get your overall %
    Keep at it. It can get tough taking these tests over and over and over again without improvement but one day it will just click and you will score well and interviews will flow in......
    82% then
    Yeah I landed a fire job in a different state so its not a huge deal, better luck next time mates.

Forum Member

Anybody interview with these guys in the past? What was it like?

Forum Member

Nwdex2- did you get an email today? What was your rank?

Forum Member

Can I apply even if I wont have my EMT-B certs until March of next year?

Forum Member

Congrats to those moving on in the process. I have yet to revieve any sort of email on a yes or no. Even though I know my scores were not enough for an EMT interview. Anybody else out there not recieve anything from TVFR that put them down on NTN?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NWDREX2 View Post
    Anybody interview with these guys in the past? What was it like?
    Its a back to back panel interview with each interview lasting about a half hour. Good luck with the process!

I'm at it again. This will be my 4th interview with them. I've got my head straight this time and are mentally prepared.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by GoCougs View Post
    I'm at it again. This will be my 4th interview with them. I've got my head straight this time and are mentally prepared.
    How many times did you take the fireteam test and what were your scores to land an interview with TVF&R? Sounds like your ready, good luck to you.

Thread Information