Like Tree6Likes

Thread: City of Raleigh Hiring, September 2012 Process

Forum Member

Heading down today to test on Sat.. RFDGLOWorm are going to be around ? Seeing if I can stop by a station when i am down in Raleigh

Forum Member

I'm curious to see how test takers are getting dressed for this. I usually do business attire but it sounds like getting changed and storing my suit is going to be difficult. Says all we get is a Manila envelope and a small box.

Any advice from those who have already tested?
    Last edited by FFRY; 10-26-2012 at 07:08 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFRY View Post
    I'm curious to see how test takers are getting dressed for this. I usually do business attire but it sounds like getting changed and storing my suit is going to be difficult. Says all we get is a Manila envelope and a small box.

Any advice from those who have already tested?
    I'm not saying that I did it correct, but I wore comfortable clothes for the Written and Physical Agility Test. I made this choice because it said to dress this way in the packet or in a piece of paper that came with the packet. I went out and bought a nice outfit/suit just in case I move forward in the process. Plus, my better half said I needed something to wear when we go out to nice places for "date night". I reckon she's not thinking that Wranglers and a button-up shirt is nice enough. LOL.

Good luck to those that tested today, I hope to meet many of you in the Academy if not during the Oral Board portion. My bruises are almost healed from the 24" tubes... LOL.

Stay safe.

Forum Member

I hear you my bruises are healing too haha..

Forum Member

took the 2nd test on the 27th...great job by the city in putting it together. very professional, also an equally great applicant pool. Probably the most friendly group of applicants ive ever tested with. extremely supportive group. my bruises are finally starting to heal as well..just wanted to say i have a ton of respect for the raleigh fd and the applicants that came out for this test.

MembersZone Subscriber

Any idea when we're going to be notified if we passed the Written and Physical Agility Test? I'm also trying to remember when they said the Admin Review would be and tentative dates of when the Oral Board will be so I can start looking for flights for that time frame.
    "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

Forum Member

I believe you should know If you passed/failed the physical agility test already.

Remember your clipboard where the proctors recorded your run times? If I remember correctly: the last line on that clipboard was a signature line acknowledging that you failed the PAT and you were out of the process. As long as you completed all events and didn't sign that line you should be good for the PAT.

I'm involved in a couple of other department processes, so it's possible that I'm remembering the "signature line" from another FD PAT.

If you're worried about your test score and want extra credit on your written test, please find the letter that is above the second underlined letter and before the fourth vowel.
    Last edited by FFRY; 11-07-2012 at 01:16 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

I believe you should know If you passed/failed the physical agility test already.

Remember your clipboard where the proctors recorded your run times? If I remember correctly: the last line on that clipboard was a signature line acknowledging that you failed the PAT and you were out of the process. As long as you completed all events and didn't sign that line you should be good for the PAT.

I'm involved in a couple of other department processes, so it's possible that I'm remembering the "signature line" from another FD PAT.

If you're worried about your test score and want extra credit on your written test, please find the letter that is above the second underlined letter and before the fourth vowel.
    I'm not really curious about the Physical Agility more curious if I scored high enough on the Written to move on. Yes, if you failed the Agility you signed the bottom of the paper and they explain why you failed. Thanks.

I'm sure they're not going to due the Admin Review on all of the Candidates.

Any updates? Anybody know any numbers on how many passed so far? Anybody receive letters yet?
    Last edited by mikeyboy411; 11-12-2012 at 06:47 PM.
    "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

Forum Member

I haven't received anything yet.

Forum Member

anyone hear anything yet?

Forum Member

Negative. The suspense is killer, lol.

Forum Member

I have not heard anything as of today. I know of a few people who have already recieved bad news letters the first weeks of November. Anyone heard anything?

Forum Member

Anyone notice how now the interview is AFTER the background and reference checks when looking at the hiring process...

Forum Member

Forget that post, just got called to interview...

MembersZone Subscriber

Congrats Long Time..... It's good to know that they are making notifications for the Interview. My phone hasn't rang yet, but I really hope that it does and soon so I can make arrangements (flight, request day/days off, lodging) and such.

Good fortune to those that move forward in their process. I'm hoping to meet more people and move forward with you all.

Forum Member

I'm heading back down there for the interview as well. Good luck to everyone I hope to see you at the academy.

Forum Member

Cool

Congrats Steve929.....

Be loud... Be proud... It just may save yourself when going through an intersection.

Forum Member

Just curious, are you guys receiving telephone calls or notification letters for the interview?

Forum Member

Just curious, are you guys receiving telephone calls or notification letters for the interview?
    I know of someone that got a phone call to set up the interview.

MembersZone Subscriber

Very cool, thanks for that updated information. I'll stand-by the phone and hope it rings.

Forum Member

Met somebody from the same city as me today during the interviews. It's another wait game, but not too long before you know something. If no good news comes there is always next year.....

Forum Member

Since taking the test I haven't heard anything back, not even a "try again next year" letter.

Did anyone receive test results back? I'm hoping no news is good news, but at the same time I'm beginning to wonder where I am in the process.
    Last edited by FFRY; 12-14-2012 at 05:40 AM.

Forum Member

long time, i met someone from the same city too...nice to meet you and good luck again man.

Forum Member

i never received results from the test....just a phone call for an interview. I'm guessing they just selected the top ranked guys.

Forum Member

Nice to meet you too steve929, good luck as well!!

Thread Information