Forum Member

Default Taking first written test

I'm getting ready to take my first written test, does anyone have any good tips or study tools that will help out? I bought how to smoke your firefighter exam and having been going over that. Any help would be appreciated.

Forum Member

Think of it as any other test. Study your weaknesses and don't change your answers unless you're 100% sure another is the correct. Don't stress about it, you'll find out what you need to study more and how to time manage.

Forum Member

Thank you I'm just not sure on what to expect. Math is my biggest weakness just not to sure how involved the math will get on the test.

Forum Member

basic math. if you passed high school you should do ok. do a search on here for testing, there's alot of threads on it already.

Forum Member

Just took the test it wasnt bad.. I know I didnt to really good but I still passed im sure. My chances are slim anyway with 260 applicants for 4 spots!

Forum Member

what was on your test?

chances: thats the fire service. my first test: 1600 for 8 spots. study what you need and start working on interview skills, that will be the hardest. score high on written, score high on interview and youll get a spot.

Forum Member

http://www.eatstress.com/firezine_signup.htm

I wonder what are the per centage of people that get hired from the very first test they take???????

Forum Member

It was identifying tools.. Which i'm not to sharp on I know I got a few of those wrong, Math, Questions on pulleys levers.. Spelling, reading comprehension. We were allowed to use calculators so as long as you knew what equations to use you were fine on the math part.

Forum Member

Well got my results back and only got a 70% which is pretty bad. I know I need to score in the 90's on tests to move on to the next round. Does anyone have any good study books to recommend for written tests?

Forum Member

Be confident and chose the right answer in MCQs, depend on your own knowledge and don't try to copy other candidates. Do exercise at daily basis for the preparation of test and prepare for math especially.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaven32 View Post
    Be confident and chose the right answer in MCQs, depend on your own knowledge and don't try to copy other candidates. Do exercise at daily basis for the preparation of test and prepare for math especially.
    Any Comment?

aged care Toowoomba

Forum Member

hi......
    if this is your first written test. so first feel free don't take any tension. and believe your self.
    if you think that you are right and another person say about your answer that its wrong so don't go with other go with your views. if you get any problem in a question so leave that question and go for that question. it will increase your confidence.and at the last attempt that question which are you left.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,
    WATER FILTER REVIEWS AND INFORMATION

Thread Information