MembersZone Subscriber

Cool help out dept. in need, donate your old stuff

My good friend Janet from Surefire Flashlights is helping a dept. in need with a pretty cool road trip. The dept. is very poor and lacking just about everything. She found them a donated fire truck but they couldn't even afford the fuel to get it from Washington State to Alabama. Janet and Surefire have donated the cost of staffing and the fuel to get the truck to Alabama.

Understanding that the dept. needs just about everything and everyone has some old piece of equipment they could donate to help out another dept. she is operating this rolling pickup idea. If she is passing close to your station do you have anything you could donate? Her goal is to show up with a truck full of equipment for the receiving dept. If for any reason they don't need what you donate they will share it with their also very poor neighboring depts.

She and a driver are taking the trip starting 8-26-2012 and hoping to make about 500 miles a day. Her trip is routed through; Dupont, WA. Missoula, MT. Buffalo, WY. Sioux Falls, SD. Fulton, MO. Park City, KY. and Ashville, AL.

If you can help in any way contact Janet directly at jfife@surefire.comor on her cell at (714) 514-2383.

MembersZone Subscriber

I wish this had been posted earlier. That is one long drive. I sent her an email - for the amount of money involved in transportation she could have just bought a used truck in Alabama - and had a lot less wear on the truck.

We offered some equipment if she can get somewhat close we will bring it to her.

MembersZone Subscriber

I hope we helped today. Loaded a bunch of stuff on their engine, and got her another pickup on the way out of town. The stuff was given to us to help needy departments, and they seemed to be working with a needy one. Surefire and Janet are certainly being a great help!

Forum Member

Blake, I still have a small mountain of Louisville-thread hose if we can come up with a use for it.
    I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

MembersZone Subscriber

I have not forgotten, just started to plan another road trip. Thanks!

Forum Member

Groovy. Maximize my warning time and I'll try to gather more stuff from elsewhere in the county.
    I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

MembersZone Subscriber

I spoke to this department this weekend and I am trying to round up equipment here in Alabama as well. We are less then 2 hours away from them.

Forum Member

I would like to thank everyone that donated equipment to out dept , Janet Fife helped us out by getting the needed truck . I have been working on getting it ready to go into service all week . I'm almost done just like a few things. Task force Tips and Sunbelt Fire is helping with some nozzles and other stuff.

We got 7 MSA MMR SCBA's donated to us also , we could still use some30-Minute 2216 PSI Aluminum SCBA bottles , we got some steel bottles with the truck we are going to use them as spare ones. We have a few Aluminum bottles now that we having been using for years but some of them have leaks .

We are very grateful for all the donations that we received from all the depts . This was a big help to our dept and community .We have very blessed .. Thank you so much for all the help .

Chief
    Millerville VFD

MembersZone Subscriber

Chief, when I pulled out those SCBA I forgot I had a couple of boxes of spare parts, if you PM me an address I will ship them down to you.

Forum Member

LVFD301,

I sent you my address by pm ..

Thanks

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by sphillips45 View Post
    LVFD301,

I sent you my address by pm ..

Thanks

Got it now. I hardly ever check PM's.

Forum Member

No Problem, I hardly ever check mine myself.

MembersZone Subscriber

From Janet at Surefire....

The road trip to deliver Millerville's fire truck was an amazing adventure and it showed how kind and generous people can be when there are others in need. First of all, I want to thank Heath Gunns who volunteered to drive a fire truck 2688 1/2 miles. Thank you to the Chief who donated the truck and all of the departments along the way who showed their support through words of encouragement and donations of badly needed equipment. Several vendors donated new items directly to the department. The dedicated volunteers from Millerville and the surrounding communities will truly benefit from your generosity.

Warmest regards,

Janet Fife

Fire and Public Safety Sales

office (800) 828-8809 fax (714) 545-9537 mobile (714) 514-2383

SureFire

18300 Mt Baldy Circle

Fountain Valley, CA 92708

Forum Member

Janet and Heath , super nice . Had a great time getting to know them both.

Thanks to all that helped along the way .

Chief
    Millerville VFD

Forum Member

I would like to thank the Chief of Cordova Fire Department for the Donation of the much needed equipment . Super nice guy it was a pleasure meeting with you last week .

Chief
    Millerville VFD

MembersZone Subscriber

Chief Phillips, we were glad we could help. I hope to have those masks in the mail this week. Keep in touch and we will se what we can do for you with grants as well.

Dean Harbison
    Cordova Fire & Rescue

Forum Member

I would like to thank the Goodwater FD , For the Scott SCBA Bottles that they donated to our dept. Just what we were needing for the SCOTT Packs we got from Cordova Fire Dept.

Shane Phillips
    Chief
    Millerville VFD

Thread Information