Forum Member

Default grant close out procedures question

Morning,

First time having applied for and received an AFG grant and I am looking for advice/help. We received a FY2010 fire prevention grant and I've received/spent our money and am looking to close out. I logged into the Portal and went to the "SF-425 Semi-annual Report(s)" page. A message at the top of that page states, "Your Final FFR/SF-425 is due. Please click Return to Status Page on the left and navigate to the Closeout Grant to submit the FFR/SF-425 report."

So, I return to the Status page and there is nothing there that says how to close out the grant. Am I missing something here? Thanks for your any advice/thoughts.

~Skojo

Forum Member

Closeout module has been down for quite some time now. All we can do is sit back and wait for it to be brought back on line. Lack of closeout will not be held against you for future grant apps while this module is down. The program will notify you when the module is on line again and reports can be entered.

Forum Member

I have two from 2009 and I hear there are even some from 2008. Someday the techreps will get into the 21st Century and offer a module for clossure. In the meantime, hold on to ALL paperwork..

Forum Member

Love it....

Thanks for sharing the info. It'd be nice if someone put some kind of notice on the FEMA/AFG Portal.

Skojo

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Skojo View Post
    Love it....

Thanks for sharing the info. It'd be nice if someone put some kind of notice on the FEMA/AFG Portal.

Skojo

I know it is not on the website portal but they do talk about it on the Firegrants homepage:

FY 2009 and FY 2010 AFG and Fire Prevention and Safety (FP&S) Grantees

• The FY 2009 and 2010 AFG and FP&S closeout modules are unavailable at this time due to technical issues. But this will not hinder a department's ability to submit applications for FY 2011 or FY 2012 grants nor will it negatively affect a department's chances to receive awards.
    • You will be notified as soon as the closeout modules become available. At that time, all FY 2009 and 2010 grantees will be required to submit closeout reports

Bear in mind that an SF425 must be filed at end of June and end of December, this is a semi-annual requirement for anyone that is till in an active performance period of a grant. . There is also an SF425 that is filed as part of the closeout module ( yes even if you filed one in Dec and are closing out in January you will have to file another one).

The only one you would be stopped from filing is the one that goes with the closeout module for either a 2009 or 2010 grant. The individual SF425 that you must file while the grant is open are unaffected by that problem with the closeout module. You are still required to file the June and December reports on any OPEN grant and failure to do so will be cause for them to lock up your money access, or lock you out of applying for future grants.

If your only problem is that you have not been able to file a 2009 or 2010 closeout module this will not effect anything you are doing with a future grant. FEMA/AFG will notify all grant recipients (the main listed grant contact person) from 2009-2010 when they finally deploy the 2009-2010 closeout module that the module is ready and that they should finalize their grant by logging on and completing the reports.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Thread Information