Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
Like Tree177Likes

Thread: Here we go again

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D. View Post
    Oh yeah, because it is SO dangerous to the public to have a BIG BRIGHT RED Fire Truck with FLASHING LIGHTS AND SIRENS out on a call.

r.
    Let me guess. You are a 17 year old explorer?

MANY more injuries and deaths, of the public and firefighters, from motor vehicle wrecks while responding than flashovers and flashbacks. You claim to be all about safety of the public and you don't know that?
    ATFDFF and rm1524 like this.

from mr d himself....

My firefighting career started when I was a Sr. in high school in 1999. I joined as a Jr firefighter along with my GF at the time on her uncles department. When she and I split up, I left the department and joined another closer to me. After I graduated, I joined the Air Force. 2 weeks into basic I was injured and discharged. I moved around a bit and tried to join departments in the areas I lived, but none had any openings. I recently moved back to this area and rejoined my old department again.

Easily matches up to Vinnie's knowledge/experience....
    Weruj1, LVFD301 and ATFDFF like this.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by VinnieB View Post
    You're a fraud.....end of story....I put my pedigree out there and can back it up. You have zero time, and zero experiance....
    Well, since you don't even know me, then your claim is in valid. And since it appears that you don't know how to read let me re-clarify for you. "I have been in the fire service for 12 years". So stil that up your "zero experience" ***.

anyone who have witnessed these events would be all over the fire wires....yet Ive seen nothing from your dept in NC.
    WHAT???? Hundreds of thousands of firefighters have witnessed back drafts and flash overs. You yourself said you were in a flash over. So where the hell are you in the fire wires?

Keep reaching pal...at this point youre a troll and a liar.....a fake, with the intelect of a pre-pubesant.
    Just because I made you look like a dumb **** because your incompetent *** thinks that fire scene safety is pointless, don't make me a troll or a liar. It makes you an *** hole that got his *** handed to him.

To add...with all the bS youve spouted....none of it can be backed up...and its full of tactical errors, but most of all lies!
    I have backed up every thing I have said. I have provided you with videos showing reasons why blocking the streets is good practice. THAT is the moment you got owned and turned into an *** hole.

You're an absolute fake.....who do you think your fooling? Everyone here knows your a liar..."a team stretching, a team walking around...and a team setting up barricades....are you kidding me!?
    REALLY????? Are you ****ing kidding me with this ****? Are you going to sit there and tell me that your department does not assign jobs and task to its members? Damn what chaos it must be on a scene for you all. I thought you were suppose dot be a good firefighter.

Well, let me explain to you how a good department works.
    People are assigned jobs and task. They are put into teams. Upon arrival those teams go into action. One team (could be 2 people or 4) does a walk around. So no one else needs to worry about that task, they can concentrate on another job. Such as the team that pulls and runs lines and prepares to start water flow. You also have a team securing the scene making sure all looky-loos are a safe distance. Ever heard the saying "Many hands make lite work."

No searching...venting....finding the fire....? Nothing like that huh? This is why we know your are a zero and a liar.......
    Does your *** get jealous of the amount of crap that comes out of your mouth?
    WHO THE HELL said none of that took place? This is why you are an *** hole. You twist things to make it work for you. ALL I said is we have teams that do jobs. I mentioned a few of those jobs including that one was a team to block off the area. Jesus Christ your thick.

You argue like a 10 year old......what you need to do is just leave, you've proven yourself to be a fool....who really just needs a smack and a weggie....you're a waste.....
    No, what I have done is proven that you are an *** hole that has not read, seen or comprehended a single thing in this thread. I have given you PROOF that the streets in front of a fire scene is dangerous. I have given you explanation on why it is good to block the area off, including the street. I have even explained how this can be done tactfully. Yet you choose to be a pompous ignorant dill hole and ignore all those facts. So go back to your perfect fire department where fire scenes are all rainbows and lollipops.

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    from mr d himself....

My firefighting career started when I was a Sr. in high school in 1999. I joined as a Jr firefighter along with my GF at the time on her uncles department. When she and I split up, I left the department and joined another closer to me. After I graduated, I joined the Air Force. 2 weeks into basic I was injured and discharged. I moved around a bit and tried to join departments in the areas I lived, but none had any openings. I recently moved back to this area and rejoined my old department again.

Easily matches up to Vinnie's knowledge/experience....

Ok, 13 years I don't count 1999 as it was Jr Firefighter.

And if he is so knowledgeable/experienced then he would not have any problems understanding the point of fire scene safety and control. Heck, maybe he does but just wants to come here and be a ****** bag.

Wait, let me take a wild guess. you are posting that to try and say that I have not been active during that time right? Yeah I figured. Well, since this site needs things spelled out for them let me do so for you.

I moved around but still within this county, which is rather small. I was still active on the same department and attended calls (mostly mutual aid which is common here). When I moved back to this area (this side of town closer to the station) I rejoined it as my "local station".

What the hell kind of departments do you guys belong to that you don't understand this stuff? Are you telling me that if you are part of XYZ department on the west side of town, then you move to a house on the east side, that you can no longer be a member of XYZ? What a way to keep people active and interested. Hell departments around here have members that even live across the state line. most members around here are also on multiple departments. This is how teamwork works.

Oh but we are just a small town rural area of volunteers. We are not paid so we don't know anything.
    Last edited by Mr. D.; 09-01-2012 at 09:25 AM.

Mr D.,

I am assuming you missed the part where Vinnie told you where he works. You are making yourself look like an idiot. Your disputible "13 years" in the fire service does not come close to 13 months in his department.

Being as you have all of these "teams" initially running around your fire scene, what do you guys respond in? A bus? Look at any urban, suburban or rural department who assigns riding positions. I promise you won't find Street Blocker Guy on the chalk board anywhere. This concept is so comical that I am now convinced you are a troll.

Oh and thanks for taking the Backdraft quote down. It wasn't correct anyway.
    Weruj1 likes this.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Wait, let me take a wild guess. you are posting that to try and say that I have not been active during that time right? Yeah I figured. Well, since this site needs things spelled out for them let me do so for you.

I moved around but still within this county, which is rather small. I was still active on the same department and attended calls (mostly mutual aid which is common here). When I moved back to this area (this side of town closer to the station) I rejoined it as my "local station".

What the hell kind of departments do you guys belong to that you don't understand this stuff? Are you telling me that if you are part of XYZ department on the west side of town, then you move to a house on the east side, that you can no longer be a member of XYZ? What a way to keep people active and interested. Hell departments around here have members that even live across the state line. most members around here are also on multiple departments. This is how teamwork works.

Oh but we are just a small town rural area of volunteers. We are not paid so we don't know anything.
    No one is saying that rural volunteers don't know anything. No one. BUT, like all things, sometimes we as volunteers can learn all sorts of things from the bigger departments like the one Vinnie gets a check from.

Sometimes it works the other way. Big problem I had when I got to this department, was not having a hydrant to catch. Anywhere. But I was shown and now I show rural water.

Sometimes we have people from either side blabbering about something that they obviously no clue about. This is clearly one of those cases.

WAIT! I GOT IT GUYS.

His department does not know what to do with him at a scene. He is "that" guy. No one wants to work with Mr D, so they found a job that he is fully capable of doing, and he does not have to interact with the rest of the department.

I can see it now. You , Mr D - You go and.... Uh..... Shut the street down. Stay there and make sure it stays shut down. I will come get you when us firefighters are done"

Well, since you don't even know me, then your claim is in valid. And since it appears that you don't know how to read let me re-clarify for you. "I have been in the fire service for 12 years". So stil that up your "zero experience" ***.

WHAT???? Hundreds of thousands of firefighters have witnessed back drafts and flash overs. You yourself said you were in a flash over. So where the hell are you in the fire wires?

Just because I made you look like a dumb **** because your incompetent *** thinks that fire scene safety is pointless, don't make me a troll or a liar. It makes you an *** hole that got his *** handed to him.

I have backed up every thing I have said. I have provided you with videos showing reasons why blocking the streets is good practice. THAT is the moment you got owned and turned into an *** hole.

REALLY????? Are you ****ing kidding me with this ****? Are you going to sit there and tell me that your department does not assign jobs and task to its members? Damn what chaos it must be on a scene for you all. I thought you were suppose dot be a good firefighter.

People are assigned jobs and task. They are put into teams. Upon arrival those teams go into action. One team (could be 2 people or 4) does a walk around. So no one else needs to worry about that task, they can concentrate on another job. Such as the team that pulls and runs lines and prepares to start water flow. You also have a team securing the scene making sure all looky-loos are a safe distance. Ever heard the saying "Many hands make lite work."

Does your *** get jealous of the amount of crap that comes out of your mouth?
    WHO THE HELL said none of that took place? This is why you are an *** hole. You twist things to make it work for you. ALL I said is we have teams that do jobs. I mentioned a few of those jobs including that one was a team to block off the area. Jesus Christ your thick.

No, what I have done is proven that you are an *** hole that has not read, seen or comprehended a single thing in this thread. I have given you PROOF that the streets in front of a fire scene is dangerous. I have given you explanation on why it is good to block the area off, including the street. I have even explained how this can be done tactfully. Yet you choose to be a pompous ignorant dill hole and ignore all those facts. So go back to your perfect fire department where fire scenes are all rainbows and lollipops.

Ok, 13 years I don't count 1999 as it was Jr Firefighter.

And if he is so knowledgeable/experienced then he would not have any problems understanding the point of fire scene safety and control. Heck, maybe he does but just wants to come here and be a ****** bag.

Full of more contradictions and lies....and you're a fake....a liar...and a fraud. ..case in point..you said you've personally witnessed many backdrafts and flashovers.....then state here its a grand collective experience.....you lack logic, experience, knowledge, no one is disputing the need to block off the fire building...but we are collectively questioning your knowledge and experience....especially with how backdrafts and other phenomenon work....because you obviously do not understand it based on your ridiculous comments....your defense is full of red herrings and ad hominems.....furthermore, anyone who has actually been to a few fires knows that once companies commit to the operation, and lines are dropped...and buildings are laddered...the street is effectively blocked, but there are many variables; you have obviously never experienced, that need to be taken into account....I stated some of them, you failed to grasp the concept......again.....

You're a fake....a liar...and a fraud.
    LVFD301 likes this.
    IACOJ Member

Are you just upset that your lack of understanding how things work in the real world makes you ignorant and a safety threat to your department.
    As a member of Vinnie's department, I would follow him anywhere. (That includes the giant sandbox if I had the opportunity.) Not just by blind faith, but purely in knowing that we will be doing what we need to do and adapting as necessary.

Lets put it this way for EVERYONE HERE. Since most of you seem to have your heads up your butts on this.
    You know that little quote?
    One in four people is crazy. If your three immediate friends seem normal, then it's you.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    As a member of Vinnie's department, I would follow him anywhere. (That includes the giant sandbox if I had the opportunity.) Not just by blind faith, but purely in knowing that we will be doing what we need to do and adapting as necessary.

One in four people is crazy. If your three immediate friends seem normal, then it's you.
    Wait..Doesn't Vinny work in the big apple? along with a few others on here? Based on his experience, is he told me fire was purple, and smoke was pink...I would believe him based on his experience. Just saying..

I thought this was funny. You misspelled "invalid" and then say he can't read. Just a caveat. Carry on.

People are assigned jobs and task. They are put into teams. Upon arrival those teams go into action. One team (could be 2 people or 4) does a walk around.
    Ooooh. I'm so enraptured with how a "good department" works.
    Waitasecond......So....when your teams arrive....instead of actually helping pull lines, ladder the building, securing a water source....2 to 4 people go for a walk????
    Is up to 8 pairs of eyes helping make "lite work" of a sizeup as opposed to helping with the actual physical part of the job?

You brought it up. But no. None of us said that.
    You're the one with the two sticks. One on your shoulder and the other firmly up your arse.

Let's talk fire trucks! BoxAlarm187's Avatar

Mr D, just quit. The more you try to make Vinnie (an experienced fireman in the largest department in US) look bad, you make yourself look completely foolish. Seriously, you're so close minded to what everyone else is saying that you appear to look like a complete idiot.

As it was said before, Vinnie has, and will, do more in a few months than you will in your entire fire service career. I envy the real-world experience that he gets, but am glad he's willing to share his lessons with us so we can do the right thing and go back and educate our peers to keep 'em safe.

One of the things that I think that you forget that this forum is made up of career, volunteer, and on-paid-on-call members who serve from NYC to the flats of the midwest. We collectively share our experiences and learn from each other. Yet you seem to think you can come on here and enlighten us with stories, anecdotes, and "lessons" that we know are so ridiculous we can't help but call you out on it rather than look the other way.

You live in a county of 25,000 spread over 455 square miles. How many fires are you responding to annually?
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

Do you think if we painted all the apparatus a dull grey , took off all the lights and sirens, MAYBE the fire service would quit attracting all of these "special" people ?
    ?

Forum Member

Weeeellllll anyway, as far as I'm concerned, I don't give a damn about any inconvience to civilians. We own the scene and as much real estate around it as we need. It's not just about backdrafts, it's about some moron running over a firefighter stretching a line or doing a sizeup. Every car ever made in the last 50+ years has a reverse gear. Firefighter safety is the number 1 reason to block off a scene. And the scene in the original run which started this thread was ORDERED blocked by the incident commander.
    This was about a cop doing a stupid thing, and it turned into an LA type ****ing match amongst firefighters. Vinnie, you may be all that, but dude this is still the internet. Chest thumping is kind of a waste here, just let your actions on the job speak for yourself. D, I get your point, it's just kinda out there.
    Mr. D. likes this.

Question

How many fires occur in Culberson or the Murphy NC area each day, week or year?

Home many calls for service does your department make a year?

How many incidents resulted in a back draft?

Have you actually seen a back draft or flashover, other than in a movie, or on YouTube?

Where were you a member of a career department and for how long?

You stated that you were in the Air Force but didn't stay long and was discharged. What is an honorable, dis-honorable, medical an undesirable type discharge?

As other have said most these members have a long heritage of firefighting in their life and family. They know when the bs is spewed and when someone isn't creditable.
    Last edited by CaptOldTimer; 09-01-2012 at 01:26 PM.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs up Well.............

Ya Know, times change, and folks move on to something else....... I used to be on here more in one day than I am now in a Month. But, I've just realized that I've been missing out on a lot. Among other things, the return of Scarecrow....... No, I don't know much about Backdrafts, Smoke Explosions, BLEVEs, Overpressure Failures, and all those Hazards of our Job. I do know that for the sake of Efficiency, we park our Apparatus near the Fire. In seeking a good location, our Box Alarm fills the Street near the Fire. We don't close the street, but there isn't room for a Bike to get thru either..... Note the irony dripping from my remarks so far.......

OK, here's the Scoop. Maryland Law states that no one can operate a Vehicle within 500 feet of an Emergency, and/or that no one may drive a vehicle over a Fire Hose in the Roadway. We have the Right to enforce this, BUT, common sense should prevail. We try to work things out to minimize any disruption to traffic, but Safety of our own is the First priority. Second, (I'm Bragging on this one) We have a relationship with the Police that is the Best. No Question. Finding a Police Officer at our place is normal. We basiclly treat them like part of the team, they can wash their cars, use the phone, do reports, get Coffee, same as we do. From time to time they even bring us donuts. Because of this, we simply do not have any problems.......
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post
    WAIT! I GOT IT GUYS.

His department does not know what to do with him at a scene. He is "that" guy. No one wants to work with Mr D, so they found a job that he is fully capable of doing, and he does not have to interact with the rest of the department.

I can see it now. You , Mr D - You go and.... Uh..... Shut the street down. Stay there and make sure it stays shut down. I will come get you when us firefighters are done"
    Here in the eastern part of Pennsylvania and most of New Jersey.....they're called....Fire Police......made up of the old retired guys who wont handle firefighting anymore, and the rejects who can't handle firefighting........
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Here in the eastern part of Pennsylvania and most of New Jersey.....they're called....Fire Police......made up of the old retired guys who wont handle firefighting anymore, and the rejects who can't handle firefighting........
    Dont insult fire police
    ?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GTRider245 View Post
    Mr D.,

I am assuming you missed the part where Vinnie told you where he works. You are making yourself look like an idiot. Your disputible "13 years" in the fire service does not come close to 13 months in his department.
    I could care less how ling he has been in the service. He is acting like an *** hole. anyone with common sense would know to block the street.

Being as you have all of these "teams" initially running around your fire scene, what do you guys respond in? A bus?
    Guessing you only have one truck on your department? How sad. We have 4 not to mention most people using their POV.

Look at any urban, suburban or rural department who assigns riding positions. I promise you won't find Street Blocker Guy on the chalk board anywhere.
    How sad. Guess public concern is not an issue with them then.

Oh and thanks for taking the Backdraft quote down. It wasn't correct anyway.
    Actually it was copied directly from the movie word for word.

Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post
    WAIT! I GOT IT GUYS.

Actually I am part of the ventilation crew. But thanks for playing.

Awww How sweet. Make sure he has room for you in his bed.

Well **** then, Since no one here seems normal then I must be the only non crazy one here.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    Wait..Doesn't Vinny work in the big apple? along with a few others on here? Based on his experience, is he told me fire was purple, and smoke was pink...I would believe him based on his experience. Just saying..
    And that's what gives *** holes like him the feeling they are Gods gift when they are just... well, *** holes.
    Ooooh. I'm so enraptured with how a "good department" works.
    Waitasecond......So....when your teams arrive....instead of actually helping pull lines, ladder the building, securing a water source....2 to 4 people go for a walk????
    Is up to 8 pairs of eyes helping make "lite work" of a sizeup as opposed to helping with the actual physical part of the job?
    How long doe sit take 1 person to walk a property? Now divide that by 2 or 4. Faster size up, faster results. Once again, many hands makelite work.

You brought it up. But no. None of us said that.
    You're the one with the two sticks. One on your shoulder and the other firmly up your arse.
    Actually I am the only one here that has the balls to stand up for my self. All you other lemmings here just follow the leader.

Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    Mr D, just quit. The more you try to make Vinnie (an experienced fireman in the largest department in US) look bad, you make yourself look completely foolish. Seriously, you're so close minded to what everyone else is saying that you appear to look like a complete idiot.
    I'M CLOSED MINDED?????? Um.. Ok. I am the only person here that sees LOGIC in blocking the street for safety.

As it was said before, Vinnie has, and will, do more in a few months than you will in your entire fire service career.
    And yet he remains an *** hole that thinks there is no reason to block a street. he remains a ****** bag that adds words and twist things to what he wants them to say. He remains a moron that thinks he is God's gift to firefighting when he is just a typical dick head that wouldn't know proper safety procedure if it BLEW UP IN HIS FACE.

I envy the real-world experience that he gets, but am glad he's willing to share his lessons with us so we can do the right thing and go back and educate our peers to keep 'em safe.
    I pity the public near any scene he is on.

One of the things that I think that you forget that this forum is made up of career, volunteer, and on-paid-on-call members who serve from NYC to the flats of the midwest. We collectively share our experiences and learn from each other. Yet you seem to think you can come on here and enlighten us with stories, anecdotes, and "lessons" that we know are so ridiculous we can't help but call you out on it rather than look the other way.
    One thing you seem to forget is that just because you are from NY don't make you a god damn master know it all. I would hate to see any of you come to this area and fight fires. Most of you would be dead of injured first call. Most of the firefighters around here would consider working in NY a vacation.
    Around here, we actually have to WORK to arrive to a call, work harder to size up a scene, and then the fun starts to attack and contain the fire.

You live in a county of 25,000 spread over 455 square miles. How many fires are you responding to annually?
    More then enough. How many ACTUAL fires do you respond too? Hell everyone knows that NY has 95% false alarm calls. Wow that takes a lot of skill to drive to a call to turn off the alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsb View Post
    Weeeellllll anyway, as far as I'm concerned, I don't give a damn about any inconvience to civilians. We own the scene and as much real estate around it as we need. It's not just about backdrafts, it's about some moron running over a firefighter stretching a line or doing a sizeup. Every car ever made in the last 50+ years has a reverse gear. Firefighter safety is the number 1 reason to block off a scene. And the scene in the original run which started this thread was ORDERED blocked by the incident commander.
    This was about a cop doing a stupid thing, and it turned into an LA type ****ing match amongst firefighters. Vinnie, you may be all that, but dude this is still the internet. Chest thumping is kind of a waste here, just let your actions on the job speak for yourself. D, I get your point, it's just kinda out there.
    THANK YOU. Finally someone gets it. Those inconvenienced drivers will get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    How many fires occur in Culberson or the Murphy NC area each day, week or year?
    Home many calls for service does your department make a year?
    How many incidents resulted in a back draft?
    It only takes ONE to make you see the need for safety.

Have you actually seen a back draft or flashover, other than in a movie, or on YouTube?
    Yes I have seen both in person.

Where were you a member of a career department and for how long?
    Never said I was on a paid department. Never would be either. too much politics and union crap. Are you actually saying that volunteers departments are less qualified then paid?

You stated that you were in the Air Force but didn't stay long and was discharged. What is an honorable, dis-honorable, medical an undesirable type discharge?
    Reading lessons 101 "I joined the Air Force. 2 weeks into basic I was injured and discharged.".

Not sure what the hell that has to do with anything?

As other have said most these members have a long heritage of firefighting in their life and family. They know when the bs is spewed and when someone isn't creditable.
    Then they need to take another look around because they are spitting more BS then a bull with diarrhea.

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Here we cross train everyone the same. Since we are volunteer, it is nice to have everyone able to do anything. Assignments are issued en route. Each person has task they are specialist in, (ie I am ventilation) but any one can do any task they are assigned to.

Forum Member

Skippy - how can you type that with a straight face ? Ill give you credit , you must have had to studied hard to come up with something that stupid.
    ?

Forum Member

Gotta ask this too there skippy -if you guys are cross trained AKA masters of all ------ why in the black helmet thread do you talk about interior firefighters ? quote (We don't use coats to distinguish since all our stuff is donated 'cept for the interior guys. They get brand new gear. I was just issued newer stuff to replace my older gear.) -
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    from mr d himself....

I moved around a bit and tried to join departments in the areas I lived, but none had any openings. I recently moved back to this area and rejoined my old department again.
    I think this sums it up well. He could not find another volunteer department that would take him. In these days of volunteer departments staffing levels, he could not find anyone to take him?

Perhaps those departments used a psychiatric exam? And the one back home did not?

And he is a member of the vent crew. What happens if they don't show up on a fire? Does the walkaround the block crew take over? Or the traffic crew? What about the "put a shine on the stainless crew"
    ffbam24 likes this.

Thread Information