Like Tree177Likes

Thread: Here we go again

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D. View Post
    Yes I do. do you remember "But that is what online communities are about, diversity."

Guess not. Guess that anyone not in the heard gets bashed for their beliefs. Guess anyone that thinks safety is important is considered a rookie or a noob. Guess NONE of you have ever had anyone tell you that you are not God's gift and that you need to knock the chip off your shoulders. Well, guess what. I WILL TELL YOU THAT. Don't like it. Then get over yourself.

I am not apologizing for any thing. You all are the *** hats here. My true colors are that I will not be a lemming to your clique. I will speak my mind and tell you that you are full of **** about not needing to block of a fire scene. I will tell you that you are dumb asses for seeing no danger in the videos I posted and I will tell you that you are **** poor excuses of firefighters for thinking any differently.

As for my signature. It is aimed at people like YOU, Fyredup, Vinnie and the rest of the clowns here.

I really, REALLY feel sorry for your departments for having to deal with people like you. Around here, people learn from stuff. they learn that a fire scene is dangerous and that keeping the public away is best. I guess you just invite the public in, hand them a hose and say "Go at it".

P.S. Vinnie. Since your very first comment was about my comment "Boom... Back draft" where you laughed. Then I posted a video of a back draft going boom. How does that crow taste? Guess God's gift to firefighting has never seen a back draft.
    I think the only backdrafts you have witnessed was in the movies or on you tube.

PS: if VinnieB, Fyredup and others who have called you out are what you consider to be "asshats" .. then I guess I am in good company!
    Last edited by DeputyChiefGonzo; 09-01-2012 at 07:37 PM.
    Weruj1 likes this.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Yes I do. do you remember "But that is what online communities are about, diversity."

Guess not. Guess that anyone not in the heard gets bashed for their beliefs. Guess anyone that thinks safety is important is considered a rookie or a noob. Guess NONE of you have ever had anyone tell you that you are not God's gift and that you need to knock the chip off your shoulders. Well, guess what. I WILL TELL YOU THAT. Don't like it. Then get over yourself.

I am not apologizing for any thing. You all are the *** hats here. My true colors are that I will not be a lemming to your clique. I will speak my mind and tell you that you are full of **** about not needing to block of a fire scene. I will tell you that you are dumb asses for seeing no danger in the videos I posted and I will tell you that you are **** poor excuses of firefighters for thinking any differently.

As for my signature. It is aimed at people like YOU, Fyredup, Vinnie and the rest of the clowns here.

I really, REALLY feel sorry for your departments for having to deal with people like you. Around here, people learn from stuff. they learn that a fire scene is dangerous and that keeping the public away is best. I guess you just invite the public in, hand them a hose and say "Go at it".
    ....just hit "report" on this guy, he's obviously just interested in name calling and not facts.....

P.S. Vinnie. Since your very first comment was about my comment "Boom... Back draft" where you laughed. Then I posted a video of a back draft going boom. How does that crow taste? Guess God's gift to firefighting has never seen a back draft.
    I dunno...you tell me....here's why....

What if FF's arrive and see no fire, no smoke, so they don't block the street. Then all of a sudden, BOOM, Back draft.
    That was your original post....your videos both show PLENTY of SMOKE....and that was pointed out....the laugh was at your obvious, oblivion to fire dynamics.....which you have more then proven by now.
    IACOJ Member

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
    Here is part of my signature... digest this bit of "crow"
    "I think it takes a particular coward to criticize procedures that you don't understand; particularly when they apply to places that you don't have the bravery to go"
    And yet most here have done EXACTLY THAT. They have criticized the procedure of blocking the street just because they don't understand a reason why it would need to be done.

So eat that crow.

I think the only backdrafts you have witnessed was in the movies or on you tube.
    There you go again, thinking with the right equipment.

PS: if VinnieB, Fyredup and others who have called you out are what you consider to be "asshats" .. then I guess I am in good company!

Yep. You sure are. BTW the only thing they have called out is their inability to view others procedures and training, and their lack of reality that they are not gods.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by VinnieB View Post
    I dunno...you tell me....here's why....
    That was your original post....your videos both show PLENTY of SMOKE....and that was pointed out....the laugh was at your obvious, oblivion to fire dynamics.....which you have more then proven by now.
    Once again for the ignorant. MY VIDEOS SHOWED THE DANGERS OF NOT BLOCKING THE STREET. I could care less what the videos are titled. Hell the first one was titled a back draft when it was obviously a flash over. and the 2nd video was text book of a back draft. and what did it do????? it went BOOM. No it didn't level the block, but it still exploded. The sheer fact that you refuse to acknowledge that those videos gave you proof of the topic at hand (DANGERS OF NOT BLOCKING THE STREET) shows you are incompetent.

Let's talk fire trucks!

I'M CLOSED MINDED?????? Um.. Ok. I am the only person here that sees LOGIC in blocking the street for safety.
    I think it's logical to block the road when it's NEEDED. 90% of calls don't require it.

One thing you seem to forget is that just because you are from NY don't make you a god damn master know it all. I would hate to see any of you come to this area and fight fires. Most of you would be dead of injured first call. Most of the firefighters around here would consider working in NY a vacation.
    Hahahaha...ok. Dead or injured on the first call? FDNY is a vacation? Awesome.

Do you think you're the only member of this forum that volunteers in a rural area and knows how rural firefighting differs from urban or suburban firefighting?

Around here, we actually have to WORK to arrive to a call, work harder to size up a scene, and then the fun starts to attack and contain the fire.
    The FDNY doesn't do work on arrival? What's harder about sizing up a private dwelling in your county than it is a 50-story high-rise with fire on the 47th floor in Manhattan?

How many ACTUAL fires do you respond too?
    At work, we're doing about two a week (45,000 annual call volume). At the VFD, one every couple of months (700 annual call volume).

Hell everyone knows that NY has 95% false alarm calls. Wow that takes a lot of skill to drive to a call to turn off the alarm.
    Really? In 2011, the FDNY did 25,380 structural fires and 24,027 false alarms.

Check your facts prior to looking foolish (again).
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Let's talk fire trucks!

I guess paid departments don't need to be safe.
    Don't make this into a career versus volunteer debate.

They get life insurance and stuff if they die, so what the hell.
    Really?
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LVFD301 View Post
    He fell. And hit his head. HARD.
    Crap I feel bad now ---I thought he was born "special"
    ?

Forum Member

you gotta tell me more about this 4 man 360 crew - do you all hold hands and circle the same direction -ala ring around the rosie ? or do you split up into two teams and meet in the middle and compare notes ? Or circle all the way around and then huddle up? If your "team" doesnt all see the same things do you call for a second opinion? Or paper/rock/ scissors ? - vote - loudest screamer ? Gotta help me out , I want to BE SAFE- -crap -what if you block the street too soon and your 360 team cant finish their circle? Do you have a password or secret sign ?
    ?

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Of course you are getting bashed for your idiotic, childish ramblings.

Funny thing about dumbazzes is even when they see themselves in the mirror they seldom recognize themselves. So just to protect your own psyche please stay away from mirrors.

WOW!! A fire scene is dangerous? Really? Golly Mr Big Tough 2 fires a year volly for telling me that. In my 35 years as a firefighter nobody had ever mentioned that before...(Sarcasm you dipschidt)

When you post stuff like you did in this paragraph do you hold your breath too? Because that is how ridiculously childish you sound.

You didn't prove anything. We have all seen backdrafts and flashovers in real life, you use videos of them as a punchline to you being totally pathetic and having never seen one for yourself.

Now go away so the real firefighters can talk.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Forum Member

One thing you seem to forget is that just because you are from NY don't make you a god damn master know it all. I would hate to see any of you come to this area and fight fires. Most of you would be dead of injured first call. Most of the firefighters around here would consider working in NY a vacation.
    Really? Really? Keep posting this male bovine scat.. I need a good laugh.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Ya know I think it is funny as hell that someone mentions that I need to learn from more experienced firefighters on this board. Yest when an issue like this comes up. instead of LEARNING from it and seeing that "hey maybe it would be a good idea to consider blocking scenes for safety." You all just think "He's a noob and don't know what he is talking about, lets bash him." So how about taking you own advice and LEARN SOMETHING NEW. It don't matter if I have been on the department for 12 years or 12 days. Things I have seen has taught me to BE SAFE. I guess paid departments don't need to be safe. They get life insurance and stuff if they die, so what the hell.
    let me type this really slow for you...urban firefighters have to deal with different traffic situations that you do in podunkville. Where you might have 10 cars drive by your incident and that is a major problem, we will have a couple hundred on a four lane highway, and i am sure in NY that number might be a couple thousand. Unless it is entirely necessary for safety, we do not ALWAYS block the entire road.

Typical, you have nothing else so you try to turn this into a paid vs volly battle...Nice try, but sorry, no points will be awarded.
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

Not sure about the public in his area of NC, but around here we tend not to have a bunch of people jumping at the chance to sit on the porch and hump hose to the attack team. Civilians do a fairly good job of getting out of the way on their own.

A quick, methodical fire attack does a lot more for overall scene safety than using personnel to barricade the road and ask for papers. This is just comical.

Other than that, Mr. D has proven his overall level of maturity with the ongoing cursing and name calling, which he started. Telling you guys, this is an SC reicarnation. Stay away.

And for the record, the quoute is "Night and day, they're always firemen." Get it right.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

MembersZone Subscriber

Gonz beat me to it, but this was so honest and heartfelt, I had to repost still.
    I am new to this forum and was happy to find a place I could join other brothers and sisters to talk and relax. I looked around for a while and then decided to make my first few postings. Now for whatever reason, things got out of hand. Some people didn't like something I said or something I posted or whatever and things turned sour from there. I can not make any one here like me or like everything I post no more then I can make myself like everything that is posted here. But that is what online communities are about, diversity.

Some people here think that I am "just some kid" or whatever. I may be young and I am sure that to a lot of you older guys and gals I am a kid. But I have been through and done a lot in my few short years of life. One thing I have learned is to stand up and be a man and admit when I am wrong. So I admit that I did wrong on this forum. When some people made smart *** comments about my post or photos or whatever, I should have just ignored it. It was very childish of me to retaliate. There was no excuses for it. Having a bad few days, whatever. That's not the forums problem and I should not have brought it in here.

So to help start anew Let me take a step back and refresh things a bit.

Hello. I am Mr. D. I got this user/nick name because I have an interest in vintage 1920'30's life. So this is my persona when I attend swing and jazz events.

I am 33 years old, high school grad. Originally from Orlando, FL, I now reside in North Carolina. I am married with a 5 year old son and a 3 month old daughter. I have many hobbies other then the ones listed above, such as model railroading, railfanning, automotive, and movies.

I went to college for an automotive degree, however one semester shy of finishing, the school dropped the course.

My firefighting career started when I was a Sr. in high school in 1999. I joined as a Jr firefighter along with my GF at the time on her uncles department. When she and I split up, I left the department and joined another closer to me. After I graduated, I joined the Air Force. 2 weeks into basic I was injured and discharged. I moved around a bit and tried to join departments in the areas I lived, but none had any openings. I recently moved back to this area and rejoined my old department again.

There are 14 departments in our rural area, all volunteer. Sadly our department is the "redheaded step child" of them all. We are working hard to change that appearance. I am working hard to help bring us into the 21st century, with even small steps like a FB page and web site. We have 21 members, 3 of which are first responders.

I joined the department because I love the job. I respond to all calls so that I can learn as much as I can. I take great pride in being a firefighter, as I am sure all of you do as well. It's not about the glory. It's about the feeling inside you get. That is why I don't see negative in things like my signature image. To me it's just a pride thing. I am sorry if it offends some.

We are all brothers and sister in this world wide family. We should not be fighting each other. I understand how I appeared to some as a newbie FF kid. I get it. But that's not my intention. I am all about doing things the right way and the safe way, and following all rules.

So in closing (as it is 3:10 am and I am tiered), I hope you all can take this to heart and forgive a new guy for jumping the gun. We are all human.

My most humblest apologizes to those that I wronged in here and others that had to witness the events, and to the administration for causing disruption in your house.

Thank You.

-Mr. D
    How's that fresh start and redefining yourself going for you?
    ATFDFF and rm1524 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    Gonz beat me to it, but this was so honest and heartfelt, I had to repost still.
    Not so good I imagine....
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

MembersZone Subscriber

I hope. I REALLY HOPE WITH ALL MY HEART AND SOUL that every single one of you fail to block a scene and that someone gets hurt. ONLY THEN will you see and learn.
    This almost slipped by me.
    Really? REALLY???
    You hope with your heart and soul, that someone gets hurt. The people that even the likes of you have sworn to protect?
    You are a skell and a troll.
    Get out of this profession. It's not your calling.
    You just showed your true colors.
    Your kind has no place here.
    Wow.
    RFDACM02 and ATFDFF like this.

Forum Member

Mrs.D.

Oh but we are just a small town rural area of volunteers. We are not paid so we don't know anything.
    I know plenty of small town rural area volunteers that would make you look so foolish that it makes me laugh to think of it. Most are FF1, many are FF2, certified driver operator, certified officer, some even have certified instructor. Their departments expect professionalism out of their members and pay status has nothing to do with it.

You see I have met many guys like you, while working as an instructor, some as members of volly/POC FDs I have been on, and some even as a career firefighter. Guys that felt they had to be bigger, badder, and louder than everyone else, just to show how tough they were. Truth is the majority had little or nothing of their own to back up their bluster. They read a book, or a magazine, or saw a video and made that story their's in an attemot to build some street cred. In the end they end up looking stupi, foolish, and untrustworthy when things got heavy on the fireground.
    Maybe it's not too late

Forum Member

Really? REALLY???
    You hope with your heart and soul, that someone gets hurt. The people that even the likes of you have sworn to protect?
    Wow.
    Please remember you're dealing with someone who in another thread admitted to having no idea helmet colors can mean anything in the fire service.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by lexfd5 View Post
    Wife made cake. Anyone want some?

To the FDNY guys...
    #1 Do you think the Giants can do it again?
    #2 How long do you think Sanchez will be starting?
    #3 Is the Yankee's bullpen deep enough for the post season?

I am sure someone here is the master of all sports and baseball thought since he played pro for awhile...
    I hope it's chocolate
    1. Sure.
    2. Who?
    3. If we stay injury free and get some more rest.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Now go away so the real firefighters can talk.
    Funny you calling yourself a real firefighter. Best laugh all night.

Really? Really? Keep posting this male bovine scat.. I need a good laugh.
    Then come on down and see how long you last in this environment.

Quote Originally Posted by GTRider245 View Post
    Not sure about the public in his area of NC, but around here we tend not to have a bunch of people jumping at the chance to sit on the porch and hump hose to the attack team. Civilians do a fairly good job of getting out of the way on their own.
    OH MY ****ING GOD!!!!! If I was standing there I wold slap the ever loving **** out of you. Ok, put your ****ing reading glasses on and read this.

BLOCKING THE STREET SO PEOPLE DON'T DRIVE BY AND RISK INJURY.

Besides that, Have you ever been to a public fire scene? Here is an example. The flea market near here caught fire. It took 10 firefighters to keep people back out of danger zone. The public is STUPID. they will try to sneak in to get a better look or a picture.

So you are telling me there is NO NEED to secure the scene? *face palm*

A quick, methodical fire attack does a lot more for overall scene safety than using personnel to barricade the road and ask for papers. This is just comical.
    And while the attack crew is doing that, you can have 1-2 people doing traffic control. Jesus, this is not rocket science. It is COMMON SENSE. Something you seem to be lacking.

Other than that, Mr. D has proven his overall level of maturity with the ongoing cursing and name calling, which he started.
    Just trying to stoop to your levels since the intelligence level of this group seems to be very low.

And for the record, the quoute is "Night and day, they're always firemen." Get it right.
    Go watch the movie again dip ****. Or better yet go here.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101393/quotes

So As I SAID "[The]funny thing about firemen [is]... Night and day they are always firemen."

I didn't REdefine myself. I am still me. Still not turning into a lemming. Now those here that STILL think they are God's gift may need some help.

I apologized for my comments in THAT post. But this post shows that those people are still *** holes and still need to knock the chip off their shoulders. I admitted wrong doing in that thread. Yet even after proof of a need to block a street for safety, people here can't admit that they are wrong in thinking there is no need. Oh well. Lemmings. Soon they will jump the cliff.

Forum Member

Mrs.D.

I hope. I REALLY HOPE WITH ALL MY HEART AND SOUL that every single one of you fail to block a scene and that someone gets hurt.
    You are really a class act wishing other firefighters or civilians injuries.

Please just go away.
    Maybe it's not too late

Banned

Really? REALLY???
    Wow.
    Well, since you are too thick headed to see a need since it has never happen, how else are you to learn?

BTW you can shove your "true colors" up your ***

Mrs.D.

I know plenty of small town rural area volunteers that would make you look so foolish that it makes me laugh to think of it. Most are FF1, many are FF2, certified driver operator, certified officer, some even have certified instructor. Their departments expect professionalism out of their members and pay status has nothing to do with it.

You see I have met many guys like you, while working as an instructor, some as members of volly/POC FDs I have been on, and some even as a career firefighter. Guys that felt they had to be bigger, badder, and louder than everyone else, just to show how tough they were. Truth is the majority had little or nothing of their own to back up their bluster. They read a book, or a magazine, or saw a video and made that story their's in an attemot to build some street cred. In the end they end up looking stupi, foolish, and untrustworthy when things got heavy on the fireground.
    Fu_ckedup,

Funny thing you talk like you know anything about me or my dept. or even this area. In my dept. everyone sits and LEARNS. They listen to new ideas and why they might be a good idea. They don't argue back that there is no need for it because that's not how NY does it.

Please remember you're dealing with someone who in another thread admitted to having no idea helmet colors can mean anything in the fire service.
    Nice try dumb ***. I asked if YOUR VOLUNTEER dept used colors. and if you would read that post I also said some depts here do, some don't. But you wouldn't want to post that, it would ruin you attempt to twist what I said.

You are really a class act wishing other firefighters or civilians injuries.

Please just go away.
    And you are a class act not doing your best to protect the public.

Please just **** off.

Forum Member

Then come on down and see how long you last in this environment.
    Anytime cupcake... give me the name of your Chief and the address of your station. I'm sure that I can gather a few of my fellow @$$hats to come down and show you how the job is done.
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Anytime cupcake... give me the name of your Chief and the address of your station. I'm sure that I can gather a few of my fellow @$$hats to come down and show you how the job is done.
    I'm in too Chief. I am in NC often. Half my family lives in between Wilmington, Rockingham, and Greensboro. I'll been at Camp Lejeune later in the month.......soooo.......whadaya say sport?
    IACOJ Member

Forum Member

I am down here in GA. I will even bring a few different colored helmets with me when I come.
    DeputyMarshal likes this.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

Banned

Here is the end result. You all have admitted you have no desire to protect the public by blocking off a scene. In doing so, you all have admitted you have no desire to do your job to it's fullest. Many of you have admitted that all you you are concerned with is being a hero and ONLY worrying about running in and kicking down doors and jumping into the flames. None of you have admitted to stopping and thinking about "what if".

What if there was a propane tank near the building (common around here). Good need for a walk around team.

What if there was ammo in the home. (VERY common around here). that might go off and injure by standers. (Had ammo at the flea market fire, no one hurt thankfully. Had a gun mounted on the wall of a trailer fire the owner did not inform us about. it went off and shot into the trailer next door. Thankfully we had evacuated that trailer.)

What if there was a basement surrounded by shrubs so you can't tell at first, and it is the location of the fire. (the VERY cause of the back draft I saw in person.)

So in the end, I could care less how you fell or think about me. Don't like me. ignore me. I don't give a ****. But it is obvious that none of you have stopped to think...period.

Done with this thread.

P.S. You know the station name, DO RESEARCH for once on your life and fine the address. Come on down (or up in a certain case) we could use a good laugh.
    Last edited by Mr. D.; 09-01-2012 at 09:47 PM.

Thread Information