Closed Thread
Page 5 of 20 First ... 234567815 ... Last
Like Tree177Likes

Thread: Here we go again

Let's talk fire trucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D. View Post
    The flea market near here caught fire. It took 10 firefighters to keep people back out of danger zone. The public is STUPID. they will try to sneak in to get a better look or a picture.

So you are telling me there is NO NEED to secure the scene? *face palm*
    You can't compare blocking the road on every fire call because of the miniscule chance of a backdraft to having looky-loos at a working fire. They're two completely separate things. NO ONE here hasn't said that there isn't a time and place for blocking the road - sometimes it's necessary. It's just not necessary on every single incident.

How come you didn't acknowledge or refute any of the facts that I posted?
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyChiefGonzo View Post
    Anytime cupcake... give me the name of your Chief and the address of your station. I'm sure that I can gather a few of my fellow @$$hats to come down and show you how the job is done.
    Add me to that list. Let me know when you are going Gonzo. I would be most happy to meet you and your associates in Bumble Phuck to teach Mrs.D. a thing or 500.
    VinnieB and DeputyMarshal like this.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Forum Member

Anytime cupcake... give me the name of your Chief and the address of your station. I'm sure that I can gather a few of my fellow @$$hats to come down and show you how the job is done.
    I'm in, too. I have family in that neck of the woods. I'm sure watching this highly experienced fire service professional at work would be an educational experience. Not to mention funny as all hell...
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"

The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    You can't compare blocking the road on every fire call because of the miniscule chance of a backdraft to having looky-loos at a working fire. They're two completely separate things.
    STOP, now read what you just said. I can't compare the [DANGER] of a back draft to the [DANGER] of having looky-loos at a working fire.

Danger is danger in my book.

Let's talk fire trucks!

Many of you have admitted that all you you are concerned with is being a hero and ONLY worrying about running in and kicking down doors and jumping into the flames. None of you have admitted to stopping and thinking about "what if".
    Please provide a link showing who said or implied this.

P.S. You know the station name, DO RESEARCH for once on your life and fine the address. Come on down (or up in a certain case) we could use a good laugh.
    4370 NC Highway 60
    Murphy, NC 28906

Literally walk across the street, and they're in Georgia, GTRider...
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
    I'm in, too. I have family in that neck of the woods. I'm sure watching this highly experienced fire service professional at work would be an educational experience. Not to mention funny as all hell...

Sure. you might ACTUALLY learn something. And yes it would be funny as hell to see you and everyone remove your foot from your mouth.

Banned

Please provide a link showing who said or implied this.
    THIS ENTIRE THREAD

4370 NC Highway 60
    Murphy, NC 28906

Literally walk across the street, and they're in Georgia, GTRider...
    WOO HOO you learned research.

However across the street is....still NC. Ga is about a mile (maybe 1.25 miles) up the road.

Forum Member

Originally Posted by DeputyMarshal

Sure. you might ACTUALLY learn something. And yes it would be funny as hell to see you and everyone remove your foot from your mouth.
    Not as funny as seeing you pull your head out of your @$$.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Here is the end result. You all have admitted you have no desire to protect the public by blocking off a scene. In doing so, you all have admitted you have no desire to do your job to it's fullest. Many of you have admitted that all you you are concerned with is being a hero and ONLY worrying about running in and kicking down doors and jumping into the flames. None of you have admitted to stopping and thinking about "what if".
    You are delusional......absolutely delusional.....you obviously do not read any of the rebuttals....and forget the context of your own. One of your previous posts stated "that when the fun starts"...."and that the FDNY is a vacation"....that's pure bravado on your part.

What if there was a propane tank near the building (common around here). Good need for a walk around team.
    Its common in most places!....Again, you show you know nothing. And what about that tank? Why is it so important? What is the "duck duck goose team" going to do with it?

What if there was ammo in the home. (VERY common around here). that might go off and injure by standers. (Had ammo at the flea market fire, no one hurt thankfully. Had a gun mounted on the wall of a trailer fire the owner did not inform us about. it went off and shot into the trailer next door. Thankfully we had evacuated that trailer.)
    Being that there are at least 3 guns per person in this country, I'm gunna go on a limb and say its another common issue for the rest of the US....not just your little town in NC. Another sign you have no clue....

What if there was a basement surrounded by shrubs so you can't tell at first, and it is the location of the fire.
    WTF?!!?!!? Ok...now we all know you have no clue!!! So you mean to tell me....you can't tell if a building has a basement...especially a private dwelling.....?!?

(the VERY cause of the back draft I saw in person.)
    Bullcrap! Another lie! And what was the backdraft of? When? How? Why?

So in the end, I could care less how you fell or think about me. Don't like me. ignore me. I don't give a ****. But it is obvious that none of you have stopped to think...period.

Done with this thread.
    I doubt it.....only once the Web team bans you for advocating the death of members, all the personnel insults, and threats of personal violence....you'll be gone soon.....You are what the webnards call "A Troll"

P.S. You know the station name, DO RESEARCH for once on your life and fine the address. Come on down (or up in a certain case) we could use a good laugh.
    Well....someone with a backbone, courage of their convictions, and class would post it themselves.....kind of like saying you have nothing to hide......but since you lack all of that....
    ffbam24 likes this.
    IACOJ Member

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    You are really a class act wishing other firefighters or civilians injuries.

Please just go away.
    Dont tell him to go away - he is waaay to much fun. Now skippy -------puleeze tell me about this size up team. Do yall hold each others peepees when you walk around?
    ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
    DM... do have to have an elective in something like psychology or sociology at WPI as part of getting your degree? If you do , this @$$hat would be great subject matter for a thesis on being an internet tough guy.. who knows, maybe with his vast knowledge of backdrafts and flashovers, he might be able to help you in your fire dynamics class
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

DM... do have to have an elective in something like psychology or sociology at WPI as part of getting your degree?
    Not in my MS program but, as it happens, my first bachelor's degree was in psychology. In technical terms, Mr. D is what we'd call a "fcuktard with delusions of adequacy". (Typically associated with insecure bed-wetting types...)
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"

The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

MembersZone Subscriber

Culberson V.F.D. Inc.
    Chief/Captain James R. Dunkley 828-644-5967

Since there's no email, I'm sure he'd love a call to hear about the impression and friends you've been making.

Oh wait. Your profile page says "Mr. D. has not made any friends yet."
    Ain't THAT the truth.
    DeputyChiefGonzo likes this.

Forum Member

Sign me up for the road trip! I'll pack two ice chests, one for beer, and the other for the chunks of Mr.D's butt that will be all over the place. Maybe a good surgeon can sew them back on.
    We gotta hurry because its gonna get boring when he goes back on his meds....
    IAFF

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawedyokel View Post
    Dont tell him to go away - he is waaay to much fun. Now skippy -------puleeze tell me about this size up team. Do yall hold each others peepees when you walk around?
    Yeah...skipping and singing...."We're off to find the propane!" Being sure to look behind every bush for those elusive basements!
    rm1524 likes this.
    IACOJ Member

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    Culberson V.F.D. Inc.
    Chief/Captain James R. Dunkley 828-644-5967

Since there's no email, I'm sure he'd love a call to hear about the impression and friends you've been making.

Oh wait. Your profile page says "Mr. D. has not made any friends yet."
    Ain't THAT the truth.
    Is he a Chief or a Captain, or is this how they make a team, just give everyone several titles?

Forum Member

am new to this forum and was happy to find a place I could join other brothers and sisters to talk and relax. I looked around for a while and then decided to make my first few postings. Now for whatever reason, things got out of hand. Some people didn't like something I said or something I posted or whatever and things turned sour from there. I can not make any one here like me or like everything I post no more then I can make myself like everything that is posted here. But that is what online communities are about, diversity.

Some people here think that I am "just some kid" or whatever. I may be young and I am sure that to a lot of you older guys and gals I am a kid. But I have been through and done a lot in my few short years of life. One thing I have learned is to stand up and be a man and admit when I am wrong. So I admit that I did wrong on this forum. When some people made smart *** comments about my post or photos or whatever, I should have just ignored it. It was very childish of me to retaliate. There was no excuses for it. Having a bad few days, whatever. That's not the forums problem and I should not have brought it in here.

So to help start anew Let me take a step back and refresh things a bit.

Hello. I am Mr. D. I got this user/nick name because I have an interest in vintage 1920'30's life. So this is my persona when I attend swing and jazz events.

I am 33 years old, high school grad. Originally from Orlando, FL, I now reside in North Carolina. I am married with a 5 year old son and a 3 month old daughter. I have many hobbies other then the ones listed above, such as model railroading, railfanning, automotive, and movies.

I went to college for an automotive degree, however one semester shy of finishing, the school dropped the course.

My firefighting career started when I was a Sr. in high school in 1999. I joined as a Jr firefighter along with my GF at the time on her uncles department. When she and I split up, I left the department and joined another closer to me. After I graduated, I joined the Air Force. 2 weeks into basic I was injured and discharged. I moved around a bit and tried to join departments in the areas I lived, but none had any openings. I recently moved back to this area and rejoined my old department again.

There are 14 departments in our rural area, all volunteer. Sadly our department is the "redheaded step child" of them all. We are working hard to change that appearance. I am working hard to help bring us into the 21st century, with even small steps like a FB page and web site. We have 21 members, 3 of which are first responders.

I joined the department because I love the job. I respond to all calls so that I can learn as much as I can. I take great pride in being a firefighter, as I am sure all of you do as well. It's not about the glory. It's about the feeling inside you get. That is why I don't see negative in things like my signature image. To me it's just a pride thing. I am sorry if it offends some.

We are all brothers and sister in this world wide family. We should not be fighting each other. I understand how I appeared to some as a newbie FF kid. I get it. But that's not my intention. I am all about doing things the right way and the safe way, and following all rules.

So in closing (as it is 3:10 am and I am tiered), I hope you all can take this to heart and forgive a new guy for jumping the gun. We are all human.

My most humblest apologizes to those that I wronged in here and others that had to witness the events, and to the administration for causing disruption in your house.

Thank You.

-Mr. D
    Mr. D's profile...
    Hometown:
    Murphy
    Years in Fire/EMS:
    Relationship Status:
    Married
    Primary Fire/EMS Department:
    Culberson VFD
    Department Type:
    Fire/Rescue Department - Volunteer
    Primary Rank/Role
    Firefighter
    Years With Department/Agency
    My Training:
    SCBA and Firefighting Intro level 1
    About Me:
    I am 33 year old husband and father of 2.
    Day Job:
    Tour Guide on the scenic railway.
    Why I Joined Fire/EMS
    I have always had a passion to help people in need. I know that sounds like a "text book" answer but it's the truth.
    Why I Love Fire/EMS
    Come on, does this question really need to be asked. We all know it's because of the cool big red trucks. LOL
    http://my.firefighternation.com/profile/DavidYard

Coincidence? I think not.
    Last edited by DeputyChiefGonzo; 09-01-2012 at 10:29 PM.
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

If and when they find the LP tank, I wonder if the perimeter is expanded per ERG guidelines and the house left to burn? Those things are dangerous! After all, there MIGHT a be a gun inside getting ready to shoot into the next rolling mansion down the block.

Safety first kids!
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Forum Member

I figured with all his experience...he gear would be.....dirtier...
    IACOJ Member

MembersZone Subscriber

I think that I am going to puke. I have had way to much popcorn. What a MUTT!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by rm1524 View Post
    Is he a Chief or a Captain, or is this how they make a team, just give everyone several titles?
    It took some digging. The website I got it from didn't distinguish.

Forum Member

Facebook page for the Culberson VFD. It's public. Anyone wanna post a link to this thread on there so they can see how they are being represented?

https://www.facebook.com/#!/CulbersonVFD
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Forum Member

Mr. D's profile...

http://my.firefighternation.com/profile/DavidYard

Coincidence? I think not.
    3 years experence - awww Im sure that was a typo - or maybe the fact that his dept. is so busy and bad@ss that its kinda like dog years. 3 years =13
    VinnieB likes this.
    ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by VinnieB View Post
    I figured with all his experience...he gear would be.....dirtier...
    Thats not his firefighting/roadblocking gear ------ those are his pajamas --backdraft in the closet-
    A feller cant be too safe.
    ?

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Cool And.....

In before the Lock.............
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 20 First ... 234567815 ... Last

Thread Information