Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 25 123411 ... LastLast
Like Tree177Likes

Thread: Here we go again

Forum Member

Default Here we go again

Another Bozo cop arrests a firefighter doing his job. Maybe if he'd scored higher on the civil service test he could've been a firefighter.

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2..._firefigh.html

Banned

You need to re-read the article. The firefighter in question was not arrested, he was issued citations.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Banned

"Poor Lawrence (the cop). Obviously was picked on as a kid, and now has to be a bully himself to feel better. Probably applied to be a firefighter and was not accepted. So he decided to join the Boy scouts as a scout leader. When that was too tough for him, he took a less intense job and became a cop. Now he drives around giving out tickets like candy. I feel bad for the guy, going home to his empty 1 room apartment, cracking open a beer and watching Miami Vice on BETA all night. So sad."

Wait for the results of the court case.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    You need to re-read the article. The firefighter in question was not arrested, he was issued citations.
    Yep you're right. Still a bone headed cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    Wait for the results of the court case.
    Bones correct me if I am wrong, but doesnt FD retain command and control of a fire scene in the state of NJ? So if they were on a smells and bells run, that counts as a fire run....therefore by his lawful order the buggy was blocking traffic.....only a bone-headed judge would rule in favor of the cop.....In fact were I the judge I would be forced to chastise him at length and on the record for wasting my time, the FF and the Chief's time, and the taxpayers money as well.

Honest question....How much of a surrounding area constitutes the fire scene? and has an emergent need to stop traffic?
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    Honest question....How much of a surrounding area constitutes the fire scene? and has an emergent need to stop traffic?
    The street in front of the building/scene is in that area.

What if FF's arrive and see no fire, no smoke, so they don't block the street. Then all of a sudden, BOOM, Back draft.

Better safe then sorry.

Let's talk fire trucks! BoxAlarm187's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. D. View Post
    What if FF's arrive and see no fire, no smoke, so they don't block the street. Then all of a sudden, BOOM, Back draft.
    You block the street on every fire-related call you respond to, no matter what? I sure don't. Common sense and good judgement, my brother.

As for the article, I'll be interested to see the outcome of this court case as well.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Better safe then sorry.

........what......the......f.. ......?
    IACOJ Member

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BoxAlarm187 View Post
    You block the street on every fire-related call you respond to, no matter what? I sure don't. Common sense and good judgement, my brother.

As for the article, I'll be interested to see the outcome of this court case as well.
    Yes we block the street on calls that are near the street. It gives us room to move trucks, run lines, and prevent civilian accidents. It also cuts down on rubber neckers which reduces accidents. Firefighters may have and use common sense and good judgement, but we know how well that works with the public. As I said, better safe then sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by VinnieB View Post
    ........what......the......f.. ......?
    Problems understanding standing fire scene safety? Maybe a little training could help.

Let's talk fire trucks! BoxAlarm187's Avatar

Yes we block the street on calls that are near the street.
    Hey, whatever works for you I guess. *shrugs*

Problems understanding standing fire scene safety? Maybe a little training could help.
    Pay no attention to Vinnie, he's a rookie on some little department in the Northeast.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

......../facepalm........

Im still trying to get over your previous statement...."boom....backdraft"......now thats funny....and if you dont see the issue with that, especially coupled with your follow on reasoning....then....Ill just remain entertained....
    IACOJ Member

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by VinnieB View Post
    ......../facepalm........

Im still trying to get over your previous statement...."boom....backdraft"......now thats funny....and if you dont see the issue with that, especially coupled with your follow on reasoning....then....Ill just remain entertained....

Sure would hate to be a civilian driving by on an unblocked street when this happens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM7pRyEJqes

Here is another
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRdxXSxfmM0

Wow, "boom" enough to knock him off the ladder.

Good thing back drafts are not dangerous enough to need to block the streets.

Forum Member

Yeah VinnieB what are you thinking Maybe you the Movie Backdraft on VHS or DVD . Whenever Kurt and the boys went to calls they blocked the street.

Grabbing some popcorn covering Monitor with Plastic sheeting and awaiting the games to really begin.

Sure would hate to be a civilian driving by on an unblocked street when this happens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM7pRyEJqes

Here is another
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRdxXSxfmM0

Wow, "boom" enough to knock him off the ladder.

Good thing back drafts are not dangerous enough to need to block the streets.
    Neither of these videos describe the situation you were first talking about.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by no1special View Post
    Grabbing some popcorn covering Monitor with Plastic sheeting and awaiting the games to really begin.
    There are no games. It's obvious that people here are fire EXPERTS and know EVERY POSSIBLE SITUATION that could ever happen on a fire scene and so there is never a need to block the street to protect civilians. And it is SO obvious that the first video I posted is CLEARLY just Hollywood special effects and could never really happen in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by GTRider245 View Post
    Neither of these videos describe the situation you were first talking about.
    Um... Did you even watch the first video?

Big fire ball out into the street.

EXACTLY the situation I was talking about.

Better safe then sorry.
    Been here two months and you are already pulling the "I forgot what my own post said" syndrome.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Now THAT'S funny!!!

I bet Vinny has already seen more fire in one busy weekend in his firehouse than you have and will see for the rest of your natural career........

Thread Information