Forum Member

Default Fireman's Denim Chore Coat

If this is in the wrong spot I aplogize, But I was wondering if any one on here has any experinice with the fireman's chore coat? I was looking at the website and was just wondering how well they wear and what not. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Website is http://www.firemanschore.com/job_jacket.html

Banned

Is it just me, or anyone else think it's funny that the pic on the main page of that site, the guy is not even wearing a jacket, but the 2 BUSTY women are.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Btownguy View Post
    If this is in the wrong spot I aplogize, But I was wondering if any one on here has any experinice with the fireman's chore coat? I was looking at the website and was just wondering how well they wear and what not. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

I think that if you are on the job and are at a job, be it a working house or mva with extrication, you would want to be wearing your turnout gear and not this jean jecket. At least that is the way we do business around here.

Mr D - As far as those girls. Don't get a fixation on them as it will warp your mind. They are probably photo enhanced anyway.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Let's talk fire trucks!

I don't own one personally, but I've looked at 'em at the trade shows. They're well built and the company is owned by an Indy FF, so he's got an idea about what goes into a coat to use on the job.

I have some friends on a department that issue them to their members, and the one's I've seen have held up well after a lot of wear.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Btownguy View Post

I'd be hesitant to just go out and buy one. You'd have to check with your dept. to see if they will allow them and under what conditions. I doubt they meet any standards, so if something happens while you are wearing it, it may affect workmans' comp claims possibly. I'm sure they're nice, but just make sure your dept. gives the okay.

Thread Information