Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 2012 1199's

Forum Member

Casco, they probably only told you to avoid having you go through the amendment and emergency purchase process since they knew it was for naught anyway. It's been done before by other reps.

My edjumicated guess on why the CDJ's aren't released is that it doesn't really matter when they are. If there was a question of waiting for the grant and diving in to buy something now instead of when they come out 2 months from now, what's the financial reasoning behind the application? How valid can it truly be if 6 months ago the app says no chance of purchase, and now there's a chance if you only knew the result of the app. If it's true need, then it's going to be a resubmit for 2013 if not funded so no real need to know sooner than later.

Mainly just playing general Devil's Advocate of course, we have several in odd binds that will go to extreme measures such as creating a bond vote for the residents or something because they have no water supply truck at all and can't push the envelope another year. Or are without PPE, and other extreme cases.

choffd

Just a quick question since I was out of the grant loop during my retirement. We received an 1199 for new breathing air compressor and, in my former life with the other department, would then anticipate a set of questions to soon follow. Have not seen that this time. Is there a change in the process? Thanks for any info you can provide.

Quote Originally Posted by ltoffd View Post
    Just a quick question since I was out of the grant loop during my retirement. We received an 1199 for new breathing air compressor and, in my former life with the other department, would then anticipate a set of questions to soon follow. Have not seen that this time. Is there a change in the process? Thanks for any info you can provide.
    Yes they will come with award notification letter.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

BB3939,

FF 1, FF 2, HazMat Ops, and Driver Training. Cost per population / run, was probably to high.

Emergency purchase; Local School Adult Ed Program is sponsoring a FF 1 and 2 class. School serves 4 towns and found funding through the bigger school budget.
    Last edited by Casco18; 12-11-2012 at 02:56 PM.
    "There's no such thing as a bad day,
    Some are just better than others." JFR 1914-1997

Forum Member

Basic level training app not making it into Peer? That doesn't seem to make much sense. Even the Tech Rescue/HazMat Tech ones we've done have made Peer the last 2 years. Obviously don't know about this year yet but still can't see why a FF1/2 app wouldn't make Peer. Only way I can think of is if it was marked that you're already at 100% FF1/2 which means training funds aren't needed. If you didn't, then 'tis a bit baffling I must say, but they did cut a chunk of money out of the program coming into 2012 so the stats be changing...

Forum Member

Wow Casco18......They cut everything out of my grant but training. They are even funding training for rescue equipment that we requested funding for and they turned down??? I do plan on appealing that. I don't see no need on training on equipment that not even the first department in our county own. I would love to talk to one of the experts on here about how I need to go about that.

Forum Member

Found an 1199A today for SCBA. Not sure how long it's been there. Have not checked in a few days.

Thanks Kurt !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by basinchief View Post
    Wow Casco18......They cut everything out of my grant but training. They are even funding training for rescue equipment that we requested funding for and they turned down??? I do plan on appealing that. I don't see no need on training on equipment that not even the first department in our county own. I would love to talk to one of the experts on here about how I need to go about that.
    I'll talk to you give me a shout 863-551-9598
    Kurt Bradley

Quote Originally Posted by whchief61 View Post
    Found an 1199A today for SCBA. Not sure how long it's been there. Have not checked in a few days.

Thanks Kurt !!!!!!!
    Your welcome Mike!
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Found one today for a TIC and a 4 gas detector - unfortunatly it has been a few days in between my checking it.

MembersZone Subscriber

Any regionals went out yet

Forum Member

Couple have, we have 2 SCBA regionals with 1199As, and onebugle's regional AED came through last week. Overall not too many since the paper apps are in review this week so that's why not much money has been allocated or awarded so far. Just in case some of the paper apps bump the online ones already scored back in August. Plus most are communications and they have to go through the states for approval so they take longer also.

MembersZone Subscriber

Im waiting on a regional communications and a FV app.

Forum Member

Found our SCBA 1199. It arrived late yesterday afternoon... Now just waiting for radios....

Forum Member

Hello, I'm new to this grant area, when everyone says they found there 1199, where do I look for it? to keep an eye out for it.
    Thanks
    and how do I know that our city clerk has everything updated like our ccr, is there a place to go look at?

Still hopeful for our Aerial grant. City is trying to figure out what to do in the mean time since our Snorkel is now a paperweight. Anyone heard of any apparatus grants thus far? seems odd that there hasn't been any thus far.

Forum Member

ffb, congrats on the find.

wlfire55 - if you've never been awarded before you'll get an email from DHS along with a new link in between the View Application and the Grant/Revoke Access links in the dropdown menu on the righthand side when you log in. If you've been awarded before, odds are it the 2012 EMW- number will show on the View 1199A link for the first year you were awarded. It isn't unheard of to get a new Update 1199A even if awarded before, some have had the View on the old award turn into an Update, and others have had the a new Update show on the current application.

Forum Member

Spot checked and found an Update with no email yet on an SCBA app so looks like progress again this morning.

Forum Member

Sure looks like this year you need to be east of the Missouri river to get a grant. HaHa was just looking in the awards so far and trying to stay positive since as some have said it is still very early.

Found 2 this afternoon on first check of the day including a Regional.

Thread Information