Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 2012 1199's

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BB3939 View Post
    Any action today? Any awards? No new Awards on FEMA site. How about 1199's? No Granta Claus for Christmas for us. I'd be happy if he came for Valrntines Day.
    Although the award list has not been posted, their were about 160 awards given today and I know several of my clients are doing the Happy Dance today after receiving their official notifications this morning. I too am hopeful that we see some 1199a updating may be later today.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

Oh the waiting game with the Safer 1199a and waiting for the announcement to drop. Well it could be worse. Hoping for the AFG grant to go with the Safer Grant. Maybe a New Years Surprise.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Attack6 View Post
    Oh the waiting game with the Safer 1199a and waiting for the announcement to drop. Well it could be worse. Hoping for the AFG grant to go with the Safer Grant. Maybe a New Years Surprise.
    Patience Grasshopper!
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Congrats kurt, got another dept. doing happy dance this morning also for turnout gear (thank you Lord). 18 sets.
    Jeff

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by EMT6126 View Post
    Congrats kurt, got another dept. doing happy dance this morning also for turnout gear (thank you Lord). 18 sets.
    Jeff
    Atta boy keep at it
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

They have the list up now. Get to clicking

Forum Member

Congrats to T Cook and Moundsville VFD 45K for Exhaust system
    John & Sheila
    McMechen Volunteer Fire Department
    "Always Ready Always Faithful"

www.mcmechenvfd.com
    jdavis@mcmechenvfd.com

Forum Member

Congrats. good job
    I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

MembersZone Subscriber

OK come on FEMA the hangovers have worn off time to start updating 1199as again . My left index (mouse clicker) finger is becoming atrophied from non-use.
    onebugle likes this.
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    OK come on FEMA the hangovers have worn off time to start updating 1199as again . My left index (mouse clicker) finger is becoming atrophied from non-use.
    I'll second that motion. Ran my list....still nothing.

Forum Member

Ran mine too and nothing. Maybe later today
    I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

MembersZone Subscriber

DuBois, IL - just south of I-64 in the middle of the state

Got an 1199 about 4 weeks ago, got a call from Senator Dick Durbin's office today. Looks like an award coming for some bunkers, wildland gear and rescue air bags, about $36k in grant money.
    Jack Boczek, Chief
    Ashley Community Fire Protection District

FLATLANDERS FOREVER!

Forum Member

I am need of some thoughts. This will be the 4th year in a row we have applied for a pumper. Yet we have not gotten the DJ yet. The pumper we are trying to replace has been getting a little worse every year. Finally this year it has decided not to draft while on an incline or fill the tank. It is in need of about $6,000.00 + in repairs. It is a 1978 2 man cab. After the long drawn out explanation, is there any addendum available to send about this apparatus not being in service. Thanks for any help.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by 8800 Chief View Post
    I am need of some thoughts. This will be the 4th year in a row we have applied for a pumper. Yet we have not gotten the DJ yet. The pumper we are trying to replace has been getting a little worse every year. Finally this year it has decided not to draft while on an incline or fill the tank. It is in need of about $6,000.00 + in repairs. It is a 1978 2 man cab. After the long drawn out explanation, is there any addendum available to send about this apparatus not being in service. Thanks for any help.
    Once you submit the application you cannot make any changes to it even if your circumstances change. It has already been determined which departments will be awarded and those that will recieve a DJ, so the new info will only be relevant for next year if you are not successful this year.

Based on what you wrote implies that you have more than one pumper. Is that the case? If so, how many pumpers do you have and what are their ages?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    Once you submit the application you cannot make any changes to it even if your circumstances change. It has already been determined which departments will be awarded and those that will recieve a DJ, so the new info will only be relevant for next year if you are not successful this year.

Based on what you wrote implies that you have more than one pumper. Is that the case? If so, how many pumpers do you have and what are their ages?
    We have 2 pumpers, 1 brush, 1 tanker and a boat. The newer one is a 1998. Still a decent truck but is starting to have issues. The tanker is the oldest at a 1975 homemadeo.

MembersZone Subscriber

8800Chief if you have failed 4 years in a row with your newest pumper being a 1998, you need to get a professional involved with you to try to determine what exactly you are doing wrong.There are several of us in here regularly, who can help you. I can be reached at 863-551-9598.
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

We have 2 pumpers, 1 brush, 1 tanker and a boat. The newer one is a 1998. Still a decent truck but is starting to have issues. The tanker is the oldest at a 1975 homemadeo.
    Not knowing other info about the department such as call volume, budget, what type of DJ's that you recieved etc. it appears the issue with getting a new pumper is the fact that you have 2 pumpers of which 1 is only 14 years old (10 years old when you started).

Unfortunately, IMHO the project you should have been going for was the replacement of the 28 year old homemade tanker. This would have been a better selll since you have only 1 tanker and the safety issues operating such a vehicle.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    Not knowing other info about the department such as call volume, budget, what type of DJ's that you recieved etc. it appears the issue with getting a new pumper is the fact that you have 2 pumpers of which 1 is only 14 years old (10 years old when you started).

Unfortunately, IMHO the project you should have been going for was the replacement of the 28 year old homemade tanker. This would have been a better selll since you have only 1 tanker and the safety issues operating such a vehicle.
    Yes my exact thought train as well onebugle.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

We are in the same boat, We have 2 front line pumers that are both over 35 years old and open cab, we have applied for the past few years and keep getting a cdj, dont know why. In fact our average age of our entire fleet is 30 years. In the last few years we have spent 11000 in repairs and neither truck has passed pump test since 2006. For some reason we keep getting DJ.

MembersZone Subscriber

8800 Chief, You should be applying to replace 2 trucks with one. Put in for a tanker, upgrade the pump to a 1500 gpm.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by madfirelieutenant View Post
    We are in the same boat, We have 2 front line pumers that are both over 35 years old and open cab, we have applied for the past few years and keep getting a cdj, dont know why. In fact our average age of our entire fleet is 30 years. In the last few years we have spent 11000 in repairs and neither truck has passed pump test since 2006. For some reason we keep getting DJ.
    Give me a shout at 863-551-9598. Call is no charge!
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

We got our 1199 on 11/28 and it was returned to FEMA in a matter of days. How long will it typically take to get the award notice?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Station 49 View Post
    We got our 1199 on 11/28 and it was returned to FEMA in a matter of days. How long will it typically take to get the award notice?
    No realistic way to tell. It can be anytime from now till the end of the award rounds, you just have to be patient here. Usual time is 4-6 weeks form 1199a posting
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

I don't know if I skipped over the answer to this, but where would an update 1199A be within the application itself if not on the status screen? I religiously have been checking my account every Wednesday-Friday if anyone could respond I'd appreciate it

MembersZone Subscriber

Unfortunately it comes down to wording in my experience. I agree with ktb9780 and onebugle that you should be applying for a tender as this is your best option. We were funded our 2nd year applying to replace our homemade unit. Be sure to note the safety issues in you narrative! Just a though, but maybe a pumper/tanker combo unit would be a compromise?

Thread Information