Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 2012 1199's

Forum Member

Small regional commo, a compressor app, and a water supply app to add to the mix of what posted today.

Happy about it, but does seem odd considering I would have put money on a lot more SCBA & PPE apps by now in comparison to these. Good thing I just play poker instead of bet the ponies.

Forum Member

Speaking of SCBA, just found one that wasn't there an hour ago when I ran the Ops list. Looks like it's an ongoing release throughout the day.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    Speaking of SCBA, just found one that wasn't there an hour ago when I ran the Ops list. Looks like it's an ongoing release throughout the day.
    Well hell finished my last FPS, I just ran my 1199a list with no results and now you tell me I need to do it again. Thought I was going to get to go nap awhile. No sleep for the weary.LOL
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

That's why I'm waiting to run the whole list after close of business up there in DC. Think this is the first time it's looked like a gradual leak over the whole day like there was almost every time last year. Only reason I checked everything early in the day, every other release was just once and done or so it seemed. Oh well, couple more FPs to polish off and then should be able to relax a bit tomorrow. Unless the people that called about FP help get back to me within the next 24 hours. Oh well, a job without stress leaves you not appreciating retirement whenever it happens....

Forum Member

Found a large Ops for 12 leads that wasn't there before noon. Update 1199A on old award and email already there, looks like they're dropping both at the same time on some apps.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    Small regional commo, a compressor app, and a water supply app to add to the mix of what posted today.

Happy about it, but does seem odd considering I would have put money on a lot more SCBA & PPE apps by now in comparison to these. Good thing I just play poker instead of bet the ponies.

Well after reading the thread and seeing the 1199a's were being dropped throughout the day I have checked again and found an update that was not there at 1:00pm. The grant is for 18 new SCBA's with spare bottles.

MembersZone Subscriber

Found a 12 lead grant in there that dropped after 4:00PM
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by capt2363 View Post
    Well after reading the thread and seeing the 1199a's were being dropped throughout the day I have checked again and found an update that was not there at 1:00pm. The grant is for 18 new SCBA's with spare bottles.
    Congrats. Glad to see SOMEONE is getting a SCBA grant award. Time to run to the store for more tape and bubble gum.

Forum Member

Have to agree with you there, was talking with Sly and Bugle offline about the same thing. Exhaust systems, compressors, hose, and some others we have pending are all supposedly middle priorities, well behing PPE and SCBA. Doesn't mean those apps won't fund just seems out of order from past years where it was always front-loaded with the higher priority items. Guess the paper app situation and the 2nd Peer Review threw a few monkey wrenches in to the system. Don't see any final outcome other than normal with lots of PPE and SCBA scoring, just odd to see things reversed. We did have one major regional funded already, another one pending, and a couple Ops for SCBA but thought others would be there already too and these others would come later in the rounds. Details. Think I just need to wander over to the Watering Hole to wet the whistle before I finish off the last FP...

MembersZone Subscriber

I got my "2 questions" on an operations grant, and a Safer grant today. Wanted to make sure SAM agreed with 1199A and all was current.

Forum Member

Default Question on SCBA award

Expertshot,
    Do you mind me asking how old were your previous SCBA that you are replacing? I am working on getting our dept. awarded. Just checking in case I have to do this again next year for the same items. Either that or get Kurt down to Texas to show me what I am doing wrong. I am holding out for the later rounds, only 4 TX awards through 9 rounds ; not good odds at that rate.

Stay safe.

Forum Member

Correction that request was intended for Capt2363.

Apologize for that.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pyromedic802 View Post
    Expertshot,
    Do you mind me asking how old were your previous SCBA that you are replacing? I am working on getting our dept. awarded. Just checking in case I have to do this again next year for the same items. Either that or get Kurt down to Texas to show me what I am doing wrong. I am holding out for the later rounds, only 4 TX awards through 9 rounds ; not good odds at that rate.

Stay safe.
    I would recommend taking Kurt's class. It is well worth the cost.

Forum Member

Pyro, there's more TX coming. Found 2 more 1199As last week, one halfway in between you and me, other one northeast of me for a 1st timer. Funded a bunch of people around you last year. I'm still working out my workshop schedule but probably will end up with one around your area in March or April in case Kurt doesn't get down. Had some interested folks inquire a couple of weeks ago, still working out details.
    Brian P. Vickers
    CEO - Vickers Consulting Services, Inc
    FH.com/Firehouse Mag Contributor
    www.helpmewithgrants.com
    www.facebook.com/vcsinc

Forum Member

OK, Thanks and will definitely plan on attending a current workshop from either one of yall.I attended a session about 5-6 years ago while up at the NFA for a class by a group of the peer reviewers. Still hoping to get an award but have been alerted to some deficiencies in our application.
    Stay safe.

Forum Member

Received the 10-Q's for our 2012 SAFER this morning....and replied to them. Our 1199 showed an award number on 12/22. I suspect we will be seeing more SAFER awards soon!

Forum Member

The age ranges from 20 to 29 years old. If you need further you can email me at capt2363@gmail.com.

Forum Member

Thanks Capt I will drop you a email later.

Stay safe.

Forum Member

Found a 1199a for single department for a complete communications update to get everybody on the same frequency and talking on the same radios with the same options. Really suprised at the low numbers for each round. Are we still looking at a new application period for march, or will it be pushed back? Also with only one vehicle app being awarded, seems there was always a push to get them out early due to the long build time on some of the trucks, are there a lot of 1199a'a in waiting for the apparatus already out, with just no movement? Lots of things seem odd this year, but I have also been told that I am odd about a few things as well, so I guess it takes all kinds.

Forum Member

Congrats on your find...any idea when it showed up?

Vehicles have historically been after the first 3-4 rounds. May be a little slower this year, but with the big money on FV apps, the paper applications had to be scored and factored in before awarding larger awards.

Forum Member

Must be Ops commo day. Just found one for the same, radios & repeaters for a system overhaul.

Forum Member

Has anyone had any 1199 movement with a paper app yet?

Forum Member

Word at the beginning of the month was they're going to upload the ones that are in the scoring zone to the online system, but no one has seen one yet.

MembersZone Subscriber

Found a 1199a for a couple of 12 leads today. Not sure if it showed up today or not though.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

New 1199a for 12 SCBA's found today. It wasn't there yesterday. Electronic application was used.

Thread Information