Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 2012 1199's

Forum Member

Found a 1st timer with email dated this morning so posted yesterday after 1pm EST since it wasn't there before that. Looks like things are all day releases, or something like 0900 and 1400 EST.

Forum Member

Don't know if they're from today or yesterday afternoon but add another 1st timer for SCBA, one above was a compressor, and now a $300k Haz-Mat training grant including OT/backfill costs. Only on the B's too, looks like I'm going to blow the rest of my afternoon in a good way.

Forum Member

Received our official award email for 2012 SAFER. $7.6 million! Happy dance here in Waterford, MI.

MembersZone Subscriber

Good Job John!

Forum Member

Looks like there was a late update yesterday, found a regional PPE with the email dated this morning. Just spot-checking regional apps so don't know if there are any new ones posted today or not. Technically this one could have posted this morning and email sent this morning, but all I can say for sure is that it wasn't there at 3pm CST yesterday.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by jhl81791123 View Post
    Received our official award email for 2012 SAFER. $7.6 million! Happy dance here in Waterford, MI.
    What was the timeline from 1199a to the SAM and bank account questions to the award letter?

Wolf

Forum Member

Looks like we got an 1199a at some point today for SCBA's.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mach158 View Post
    Looks like we got an 1199a at some point today for SCBA's.
    Congrats. Where in iowa are you from? How much did you request per unit?

MembersZone Subscriber

I would like to take a moment here and tell everyone to quit waiting around for an 1199a to appear before you go and make damn sure that you have complied with the System for Award Management requirement to update and check accuracy of the information that they have on file for you; you are holding up your own award process by doing so. It is also extremely important that you be certain that your privacy setting in there are set to read "public", not "private" or FEMA cannot see the file. Don't delay, do it today!
    npfd801 likes this.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    I would like to take a moment here and tell everyone to quit waiting around for an 1199a to appear before you go and make damn sure that you have complied with the System for Award Management requirement to update and check accuracy of the information that they have on file for you; you are holding up your own award process by doing so. It is also extremely important that you be certain that your privacy setting in there are set to read "public", not "private" or FEMA cannot see the file. Don't delay, do it today!
    This.

And if you run into SAM issues as I did, you will hold things up even more.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Station 49 View Post
    This.

And if you run into SAM issues as I did, you will hold things up even more.
    There is most certainly that possibility but, better to get at resolving them now than to still be waiting, hat in hand, at the end!
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

I agree Kurt one Department we helped out had an up date early and was told that they needed to do SAM, they were set on private and the were delayed 3-4 weeks just for having it set to private.
    Good Point!
    John & Sheila
    McMechen Volunteer Fire Department
    "Always Ready Always Faithful"

www.mcmechenvfd.com
    jdavis@mcmechenvfd.com

Forum Member

Question Just to verify

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post

I authorize my entity's information to be displayed in SAM's Public Search: Yes

Is that what you're refering to?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mitchkrat View Post
    I authorize my entity's information to be displayed in SAM's Public Search: Yes

Is that what you're refering to?
    BINGO! I believe what everyone forgets here is that once a Federal grant award is made, it becomes a matter of public record and is subject to FOIA ( Freedom of Information Act) so if it does not allow the public to see it, or FEMA, then they cannot make the award.
    Last edited by ktb9780; 01-28-2013 at 08:15 AM.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

I was under the impression our ccr number had not expired yet and that SAM's was not needed until then. Is this incorrect?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by car58 View Post
    I was under the impression our ccr number had not expired yet and that SAM's was not needed until then. Is this incorrect?
    No you must Migrated Accounts from CCR to the new SAM system
    John & Sheila

www.mcmechenvfd.com
    jdavis@mcmechenvfd.com

Forum Member

OK, I am a little slow today. Been a long time waiting. I had registered with CCR with an old emaila ddress which I don't have access to. I am not sure if I received a request to update. I went onto the SAM site but unsure if I register new or try and find the CCR info. Any ideas?

Forum Member

sign into SAM, make a profile (it will ask your info) then import CCR. After it is done check it over really good and make sure you are public view. We had to answer a few questions too.
    John & Sheila

www.mcmechenvfd.com
    jdavis@mcmechenvfd.com

MembersZone Subscriber

Folks if you are not sure if it has been done, or if your information is marked public or if you are currently registered then just jog in there and find out for sure.
    Last edited by ktb9780; 01-28-2013 at 08:17 AM.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

I created a SAM account last night and migrated our CCR. I set the account to be viewed by public, but when I search for our account when I'm logged out I can't find it. Is their something I'm missing that didn't complete it.

Forum Member

Clear your browser history to get rid of all the usual internet junk that hangs out after you do stuff, then go back to the site and search on DUNS to see if you come up. SAM has been having software issues recently from what clients have told me that have tried to sign up, but there could also be an approval lag time to avoid duplicate records where back-end code is searching prior to truly adding your entry. Depending on the database there are immediate methods for doing this, but still could require human interaction for it to publish.

Also don't forget to answer any questions they sent out. Had a couple people handle the SAM part of the email but forget that there were additional questions in the email that needed a Yay or Nay to them as well as the SAM registration.

Forum Member

Click up, just found an update with no emails sent for a 1st timer so definitely posted today sometime. More SCBA. Guess I'll spend some time checking....since year end corporate paperwork is so much fun....

Forum Member

I'm new to this entire process, so hopefully this isn't irritating to the veterans amongst the group. I read this thread regularly to learn more about the process. I have a couple of questions that hopefully someone can help me out with.

1. Is there any way to know if our application made it to peer review? I check my application login page daily to see if there's an 1199.
    2. We are up to date with CCR (scheduled to renew in late spring). Based on some previous dialogue, it looks like we need to convert to SAM right now? The FEMA page seemed to indicate that this wasn't necessary unless an award was made.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firefighter7136 View Post
    Congrats. Where in iowa are you from? How much did you request per unit?
    I'm with the Troy Mills Fire dept. which is north of Cedar Rapids in Linn County right on the Buchanan county line. We requested $6,150 per 45 minute unit. (To be noted after reviewing our application it appears as though we did not receive any money for the SCBA and just funds for the training of FF1 and FF2 and the training for the new SCBA's. Have to wait and see what happens when the award comes.)

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by DFR_34 View Post
    I'm new to this entire process, so hopefully this isn't irritating to the veterans amongst the group. I read this thread regularly to learn more about the process. I have a couple of questions that hopefully someone can help me out with.

1. Is there any way to know if our application made it to peer review? I check my application login page daily to see if there's an 1199.
    2. We are up to date with CCR (scheduled to renew in late spring). Based on some previous dialogue, it looks like we need to convert to SAM right now? The FEMA page seemed to indicate that this wasn't necessary unless an award was made.
    1. There are 2 ways to know if your application went to PR. First, you find a reference to the 1199A for the 2012 application. Secondly, when the computer DJ's are sent out. If you don't recieve one the application went to PR.

2. Convert to SAM ASAP. It needs to be in place prior to the award.

Thread Information