Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 2012 1199's

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by SLY4420 View Post
    New one today for very elusive oxygen generators and power stretchers for FD EMS. (My station!!!)
    Damn been trying for that damn oxygen generator for several years and have not hit it. Congrats Jon.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

The AFG can hit the 1199A "button" any time now........it's time for some good news now.

Forum Member

Made it to peer review on an apparatus grant, we've never made it through peer so I guess I'm doing something right, now the prayers and finger crossing will be heavily in place for an 1199!!

Forum Member

Found an FR for my station today as well for training simulator. That's a double for us.

Forum Member

Found 1 Regional Commo worth $1.1mil, and a rescue tool 1st timer as well. Progress should be continuing throughout the day if it's like last week with an early posting and an afternoon one too. Hopefully...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Damn been trying for that damn oxygen generator for several years and have not hit it. Congrats Jon.
    Thanks, this is my second one. Last year for Non-Affiliated EMS and this year for my station (Combination Fire/EMS).

Just surfing the forums as I am currently caller #74 with an expected wait time of 23 minutes on the Federal Service Desk hotline.

Forum Member

...and another Ops 1199A dropped within the hour.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by SLY4420 View Post
    ...and another Ops 1199A dropped within the hour.
    I surrender......you win.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

Found a Ops Radio/Pager that wasn't there earlier. So slow continued movement, going to need to stop checking mid-day and just do it all after 5p EST.

MembersZone Subscriber

Just found an 1199a that wasn't there last night. Large Extrication Tools, Heavy Air Bags for the big trucks, Cribbing, and Wireless Headsets for four apparatus. SAM is already up tp date. Now just waiting to do the happy dance.

Forum Member

Just found 1199a for ops. A bit confusing because the main part was a foam project with an add on for personal lights for firemen (wish). All the foam equipment got zeroed out and the lights remained intact. confusing but not complaining... I figured foam project would be more of a priority in rural south dakota where water is scarce.
    signed
    HAPPY AS HECK FOR SOME MOVEMENT...ha ha ha

Forum Member

Found 2 Ops, one posted on an old 1199A and a 1st timer with the Update. At least some progress is continuing.

Forum Member

Default Grant funding questions for the experts

To begin a long story (I will try to keep it short) my department began a journey about 5yrs ago to start a HAZ/MAT team. In 2011 we received monies from UASI to purchase a vehicle and equipment. The truck is on order as well as the equipment. Unfortunately we did not receive training funds in 2011 to training our Haz/mat first responders to the technician level. I wrote a grant with AFG in 2012 for 12 members to go threw a five week course fully paid for including back fill. Since then UASI stepped up and gave us funds for nine peeps to attend class. I just saw in my 1199 and it looks as if we are getting a 2012 grant for 12 members. The budget is unchanged. What do I do? We are under a time limit to get the truck and equipment in service but we could us the 12 members? AFG has not called or sent an email yet. The nine from UASI doesn't included coverage for all and it would put us in a bind with manpower but we are under the gun to get the team up. I would like some information from you all on how to approach this situation. Thanks in advance. Kards

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by kardsfan701 View Post
    To begin a long story (I will try to keep it short) my department began a journey about 5yrs ago to start a HAZ/MAT team. In 2011 we received monies from UASI to purchase a vehicle and equipment. The truck is on order as well as the equipment. Unfortunately we did not receive training funds in 2011 to training our Haz/mat first responders to the technician level. I wrote a grant with AFG in 2012 for 12 members to go threw a five week course fully paid for including back fill. Since then UASI stepped up and gave us funds for nine peeps to attend class. I just saw in my 1199 and it looks as if we are getting a 2012 grant for 12 members. The budget is unchanged. What do I do? We are under a time limit to get the truck and equipment in service but we could us the 12 members? AFG has not called or sent an email yet. The nine from UASI doesn't included coverage for all and it would put us in a bind with manpower but we are under the gun to get the team up. I would like some information from you all on how to approach this situation. Thanks in advance. Kards
    Since both programs deal with federal funds to accomplish the training component it will most likely be an issue. This issue should be taken to the next level. Even though you have a reference to the 1199A for 2012 there's still no guarantee of the award (it is remote though). Contact your FPS and explain the situation and get their input on the direction you should take.

Make sure you document the date, time and person that you talk to and the info provided. Follow that up with an email summing up the conversation so there are no misunderstandings and place a copy along with their reply with your grant.

Forum Member

It sounds as if you are going to get it one way or another, so that's good! But like bugle said, Federal funding may not duplicate funding from another Federal source.

Forum Member

Thanks that what I figured.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by kardsfan701 View Post
    Thanks that what I figured.

And if I might add, since you may have a choice here please remember that there is a much smaller pool of AFG money vs UASI so if you can turn back the AFG money, another fire department will benefit with a grant that previously may not have been available. I would ask AFG to add the three other members and keep enough money to cover your back fill and then return the rest. Oh and BTW thanks for thinking about the other guy also!
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

1st timer for regional SCBA posted today.

MembersZone Subscriber

Appears they were busy today. Found a couple of thermal image devices for one dept, an SCBA for another a hose grant for one and a tanker grant. Good day!
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Darn, wish that was my "couple thermal image" grant you found!

MembersZone Subscriber

Default New 1199

Found a new 1199 today for Air Compressor/Fill Station, last checked Friday so must have dropped yesterday?

Forum Member

What are the chances of being awarded an operations grant one round and the vehicle grant in another round? Does FEMA typically award both to the grantee in the same round?

Forum Member

No, Ops and Vehicle apps live in their own worlds from Peer Review through the award. Most double awardees end up with them being announced in different rounds. Every now and again they happen together, but for the most part they don't.

MembersZone Subscriber

I think that was our "couple of thermal imagers" he found. Dropped on Monday. Thanks Kurt

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by fireman2151 View Post
    I think that was our "couple of thermal imagers" he found. Dropped on Monday. Thanks Kurt
    Why yes sir it was your grant and it was my pleasure!
    Kurt Bradley

Thread Information