Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 2012 1199's

Forum Member

Default Hello?

Sure has been quiet around here.

Thought I might stir up some activity!
    Wolf

Forum Member

If we havent heard anything yet should we start thinking about redoing this one for next year at this point.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by andover110 View Post
    If we havent heard anything yet should we start thinking about redoing this one for next year at this point.
    Absolutley.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

What are the chances of a turn out gear award still happening for us? Not sure how much longer I can keep my fingers and toes crossed. No DJ but no 1199 update either. Really need this grant.

Already working on a Regional Radio Grant for this year. Everyone switching to TDMA Phase 2 around us. Hopefully the days of carrying 3 radios around on a fire are coming to a close.

Forum Member

There's money left but it's dwindling. We have 28 clients still sitting with 1199As, don't have the Ops count but it's a Tanker and Quint on the Vehicle side for about $900k in fed share. So all of those are still pending, might be a trickle here and there but if it's like past years the late late 1199As are usually the big commo ones running about $1mil each fed share.

Forum Member

Default award

Been sitting on a FP 1199 for weeks and got the call today that we should receive our award this Friday....yea !!!!!!

Forum Member

Congrats Bootsatcfd, Got mine last week for a address marking system. Happy dance in Tn. Jeff
    I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Forum Member

Notified today by Congressman Reid Ribbel that we will be receiving our regional paging grant, said the award should be this week. Award number showed up on 2/22/13 so just over three months - I was getting nervous.

Forum Member

Question SBGL - So your 3months wait was after getting your 1199 ? I am prepping for 2013 to try again for SCBAs our dept. needs since there appears to be many out there with 1199s that have yet to see an award. I was thinking that 15-18 yo/non current NFPA x2 would have been a sufficient need, but obviously not and I am glad that those with 20 plus yo equip is getting funded. I just thought we would have been on the awarding end of the pot intead of the too bad at the end.
    I will be attending Target Hazards class at NFA this month and will try to put a few rounds of the good stuff into a few for words of wisdom from peer reviewees or those who have the "how to get it done" since my efforts are not getting awarded. The suggestions of several on this forum will be used in preparation for the next year, and the next and so on. Have made peer review both years so we are not wishing for the moon, just update of airpacks that will allow us more air supply, interoperability and clearer communication. Kurt Thanks for the feedback we all appreciate yours and several others who work long and hard to get grants to the next level.
    Stay safe.

Forum Member

Question SBGL - So your 3months wait was after getting your 1199 ? I am prepping for 2013 to try again for SCBAs our dept. needs since there appears to be many out there with 1199s that have yet to see an award. I was thinking that 15-18 yo/non current NFPA x2 would have been a sufficient need, but obviously not and I am glad that those with 20+ yo equip is getting funded. I just thought we would have been on the awarding end of the pot intead of the too bad at the end.
    I will be attending Target Hazards class at NFA this month and will try to put a few rounds of the good stuff into a few for words of wisdom from peer reviewees or those who have the "how to get it done" since my efforts are not getting awarded. The suggestions of several on this forum will be used in preparation for the next year, and the next and so on. Have made peer review both years so we are not wishing for the moon, just update of airpacks that will allow us more air supply, interoperability and clearer communication. Kurt, Thanks for the feedback we all appreciate yours and several others who work long and hard to get grants to the next level.
    Stay safe.

Forum Member

Apologize - just realized I miss the "award number". My miss.
    Stay safe.

MembersZone Subscriber

Keep on trying is all you can do guy. I did want to ask you if you have ever previously had an AFG award for SCBAs at any time?
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

No sir, not on the SCBA side, we were awarded handhelds and minitors back in 2003 but that has been it. We will keep trying for sure, but we are at a point where we need to upgrade our packs and may have teh town just find a way to fund it. We would like to have put that toward a new engine instead but there is a lesser chance of getting awarded vehicles than packs. I apprecaite your information and suggestions and will incorporate those in whatever we do in the future.
    Stay safe and never forget.

Forum Member

Just found a Fire Prevention 1199a that was not there this morning.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by chief14oc View Post
    Just found a Fire Prevention 1199a that was not there this morning.
    There you go Steve. You just had to spoil my getting off early today didn't you? LOL Oh well start clicking I guess.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Got phone call last night for pumper/tanker award. Suppose to be awarded Friday. That was my last 1199. Happy dance in Tennessee. Jeff

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by EMT6126 View Post
    Got phone call last night for pumper/tanker award. Suppose to be awarded Friday. That was my last 1199. Happy dance in Tennessee. Jeff
    Congrats Jeff.... and may you guys have a safe 4th of July weekend!
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Thanks Kurt, Hope you have a safe and happy holiday too.

Forum Member

Looks like there may be some excess funding awards in the near future...had a peer denied application pop an 1199A this morning. I specifically know it wasn't there at 3AM because I was working on a SAFER app for this department.

Lack of sleep with SAFER, thought my eyes were playing tricks

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by SLY4420 View Post
    Looks like there may be some excess funding awards in the near future...had a peer denied application pop an 1199A this morning. I specifically know it wasn't there at 3AM because I was working on a SAFER app for this department.

Lack of sleep with SAFER, thought my eyes were playing tricks
    Yea gotta be. Talked with a client the other day and he has no 1199a award number posted but also has not received a DJ notice either. Did I read you correctly that the one you saw received a peer DJ and then this appeared today?
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Not all of the peer DJs went out. I know of some that are certain denials with nothing yet, last year they spread them out if you recall.

The 1199A today got a DJ on Tuesday.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by SLY4420 View Post
    Not all of the peer DJs went out. I know of some that are certain denials with nothing yet, last year they spread them out if you recall.

The 1199A today got a DJ on Tuesday.
    Yea I know they all did not go out I had one delivered on Wednesday but as of yesterday he was still good to go in limbo. DC said, still under consideration so maybe, just maybe. Guess we will see soon enough. Thanks
    Kurt Bradley

Thread Information