Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1724252627282930 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 2012 1199's

Quote Originally Posted by madfirelieutenant View Post
    Well one of my grants made it to peer, and one got a DJ. What I dont understand about the DJ is that it says the reason is: Your organizationís response to application questions concerning the safety factors associated with the current
    fleet vehicle you are seeking to replace did not adequately align to the higher AFG Program priorities and
    consequently, did not score high enough for further consideration. Please see FY2012 AFG FOA, Page 49
    Additional Considerations:
    o Replacement of open cab/jump seat configurations
    o Converted vehicles not designed or intended for use in the fire service

In response to this on the grant application the following question is asked. *11. Does the vehicle you are replacing have an open cab configuration? My answer is YES. I also state that I will remove this substandard vehicle from service.
    The DJ also says Your organizationís response to application questions concerning the age of non-ambulance fleet vehicles you
    are seeking to replace did not adequately align to the higher AFG Program priorities and consequently, did not
    score high enough for further consideration.
    Please see FY2012 AFG FOA, Page 49
    Additional Considerations
    o Age of the vehicle being replaced; older equipment receive higher consideration

In response to this I answered the following questions on AFG application:
    *4. What is the age of the vehicle being replaced? More than 30 years
    5. What is the newest (age) vehicle you currently own in the class you are purchasing? More than 30 years
    *6. How old is the oldest (age) vehicle you own in the class you are purchasing? More than 30 years
    7. What is the average age of all vehicles in your fleet? More than 30 years

Both the trucks in our department are old. One is 35 years old and 1 36 years old. They are both open cab. Each year we cannot make it past the computer scoring. Looking at the reasons listed in our turn down letter, it seems all the questions were answered. This is 3 years in a row we cannot make it past the computer. I just dont understand.

It is a form letter they all read the same.
    John & Sheila
    McMechen Volunteer Fire Department
    "Always Ready Always Faithful"

www.mcmechenvfd.com
    jdavis@mcmechenvfd.com

Forum Member

got a new reference # on my 1199 for radios yesterday.

Forum Member

This morning I read through this entire thread to look for some info. I found where you have to register through SAM before you can get an award letter. So i registered this morning. I also recieved the request to update an 1199 the other day and filled out the info and faxed it to the location requested. Any idea how long it takes to hear back on the 1199 I sent in to make sure it is updated. Also any thoughts on how long not being registered for SAM may delay an official award letter. I am hoping we get one based on receiving the 1199.

You'll usually receive an e-mail indicating that your 1199A has been accepted in the system. Sometimes, if you simply go into the portal and View 1199A, if the PRINT button has disappeared, the system has accepted the changes.

It can take anywhere from 2-10 weeks for an award depending upon if your SAM/DUNS/1199A information is current and matching.

Forum Member

Word still is that SAM registrations are holding things up. Everyone should make sure theirs is Active, otherwise it will delay things. If you haven't registered, check www.dnb.com and do a search on your DUNS to see exactly how they have your name and address. Several of our folks had blank addresses, which meant nothing matched. That's a phone call to fix, and a couple of days for it to hit their database so SAM can link to it. Had a couple with incorrect EINs also, but otherwise it's a pretty simple process.

Quote Originally Posted by SLY4420 View Post
    New one today for very elusive oxygen generators and power stretchers for FD EMS. (My station!!!)
    Damn been trying for that damn oxygen generator for several years and have not hit it. Congrats Jon.
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

The AFG can hit the 1199A "button" any time now........it's time for some good news now.

Made it to peer review on an apparatus grant, we've never made it through peer so I guess I'm doing something right, now the prayers and finger crossing will be heavily in place for an 1199!!

Found an FR for my station today as well for training simulator. That's a double for us.

Forum Member

Found 1 Regional Commo worth $1.1mil, and a rescue tool 1st timer as well. Progress should be continuing throughout the day if it's like last week with an early posting and an afternoon one too. Hopefully...

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Damn been trying for that damn oxygen generator for several years and have not hit it. Congrats Jon.
    Thanks, this is my second one. Last year for Non-Affiliated EMS and this year for my station (Combination Fire/EMS).

Just surfing the forums as I am currently caller #74 with an expected wait time of 23 minutes on the Federal Service Desk hotline.

...and another Ops 1199A dropped within the hour.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by SLY4420 View Post
    ...and another Ops 1199A dropped within the hour.
    I surrender......you win.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Forum Member

Found a Ops Radio/Pager that wasn't there earlier. So slow continued movement, going to need to stop checking mid-day and just do it all after 5p EST.

MembersZone Subscriber CordovaFire's Avatar

Just found an 1199a that wasn't there last night. Large Extrication Tools, Heavy Air Bags for the big trucks, Cribbing, and Wireless Headsets for four apparatus. SAM is already up tp date. Now just waiting to do the happy dance.

Forum Member

Just found 1199a for ops. A bit confusing because the main part was a foam project with an add on for personal lights for firemen (wish). All the foam equipment got zeroed out and the lights remained intact. confusing but not complaining... I figured foam project would be more of a priority in rural south dakota where water is scarce.
    signed
    HAPPY AS HECK FOR SOME MOVEMENT...ha ha ha

Forum Member

Found 2 Ops, one posted on an old 1199A and a 1st timer with the Update. At least some progress is continuing.

Forum Member

Default Grant funding questions for the experts

To begin a long story (I will try to keep it short) my department began a journey about 5yrs ago to start a HAZ/MAT team. In 2011 we received monies from UASI to purchase a vehicle and equipment. The truck is on order as well as the equipment. Unfortunately we did not receive training funds in 2011 to training our Haz/mat first responders to the technician level. I wrote a grant with AFG in 2012 for 12 members to go threw a five week course fully paid for including back fill. Since then UASI stepped up and gave us funds for nine peeps to attend class. I just saw in my 1199 and it looks as if we are getting a 2012 grant for 12 members. The budget is unchanged. What do I do? We are under a time limit to get the truck and equipment in service but we could us the 12 members? AFG has not called or sent an email yet. The nine from UASI doesn't included coverage for all and it would put us in a bind with manpower but we are under the gun to get the team up. I would like some information from you all on how to approach this situation. Thanks in advance. Kards

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by kardsfan701 View Post
    To begin a long story (I will try to keep it short) my department began a journey about 5yrs ago to start a HAZ/MAT team. In 2011 we received monies from UASI to purchase a vehicle and equipment. The truck is on order as well as the equipment. Unfortunately we did not receive training funds in 2011 to training our Haz/mat first responders to the technician level. I wrote a grant with AFG in 2012 for 12 members to go threw a five week course fully paid for including back fill. Since then UASI stepped up and gave us funds for nine peeps to attend class. I just saw in my 1199 and it looks as if we are getting a 2012 grant for 12 members. The budget is unchanged. What do I do? We are under a time limit to get the truck and equipment in service but we could us the 12 members? AFG has not called or sent an email yet. The nine from UASI doesn't included coverage for all and it would put us in a bind with manpower but we are under the gun to get the team up. I would like some information from you all on how to approach this situation. Thanks in advance. Kards
    Since both programs deal with federal funds to accomplish the training component it will most likely be an issue. This issue should be taken to the next level. Even though you have a reference to the 1199A for 2012 there's still no guarantee of the award (it is remote though). Contact your FPS and explain the situation and get their input on the direction you should take.

Make sure you document the date, time and person that you talk to and the info provided. Follow that up with an email summing up the conversation so there are no misunderstandings and place a copy along with their reply with your grant.

It sounds as if you are going to get it one way or another, so that's good! But like bugle said, Federal funding may not duplicate funding from another Federal source.

Thread Information