+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 First ... 234567815 ... Last
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 2012 1199's

Forum Member

Found a 1199a for airpacks. No e-mail yet. Thank you Kurt and the Super Summit group!

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by JAM1096 View Post
    Found a 1199a for airpacks. No e-mail yet. Thank you Kurt and the Super Summit group!
    Yea man, congratulations! Guess I gotta start clicking again.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

MembersZone Subscriber

Just finished checking all others and nothing. When was the last time you had checked for sure?
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Just finished checking all others and nothing. When was the last time you had checked for sure?
    Last time I checked was last week. Was off for a bit so I was not checking regularly. Sorry for any confusion.

MembersZone Subscriber

o
    Last time I checked was last week. Was off for a bit so I was not checking regularly. Sorry for any confusion.
    No problem, just trying to tie down if it was from longer than 3-4 weeks ago. A few have been straggling in but until FEMA gets their people back from NE its going to be slow. By Turkey Day they ought to be back on track. hopefully.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

I definitely checked at the beginning of last week. So it came in after that.

Forum Member

Found one that wasn't there this morning for a sizable exhaust award.

Forum Member

Found a total of 4 new today.

Forum Member

Forgive me for being a newby, but where are you checking for the awards? I check the mail center on my application page daily, but maybe i am looking in the wrong spot. Thanks for answering a newby question

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FWFD122 View Post
    Forgive me for being a newby, but where are you checking for the awards? I check the mail center on my application page daily, but maybe i am looking in the wrong spot. Thanks for answering a newby question

Its long and complicated to write out, call me at 863-551-9598 and I will wlak you through the process. Do it quick though I am out of here at 1800hrs.
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Well found one so that's progress. Congrats Sly!
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Found ours today thanks to Kurt. 38 Coats & Pants plus 52 helmets to the tune of $77,600. Thanks Kurt and the Super Summit group for all the input!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FWFD122 View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you. I thought it would show up as a message. If anyone would be so kind as to tell me how to check for 1199's it would be greatly appreciated. I was to late checking to call Kurt.

MembersZone Subscriber

Found an 1199A for my regional grant.
    Not2L84U2 likes this.

MembersZone Subscriber

Are there any other preliminary signs this year, like budget reductions?
    BB

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firefighter7136 View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you. I thought it would show up as a message. If anyone would be so kind as to tell me how to check for 1199's it would be greatly appreciated. I was to late checking to call Kurt.
    The first thing would be to log in to your online application. If you have received a previous award then in the list of applications you have in front of you there will be drop down menus to the right side of the screen. Click on each drop down menu. If you see anything that says "1199A" then click on it and select go. Once you there it will bring up the direct deposit form that has your banking information on it. At the top in red letters will be REFERENCE AWARD #XXXXX-FO-2012. There will be other reference numbers there for any previous awards you have received as well. If you have never received an award then you won't have an 1199A to look at to check for the reference number. In that case you will receive an e-mail from FEMA and in your 2012 drop down section from the status page you will have a link that says "Update 1199A." To my knowledge, none of the Update links have been posted yet for 2012.

Hope that helps. There are several other threads on here that people have previously posted an answer about this specific question because it is definitely one that comes up multiple times every year. If you need more details then I would either do a search to find more info or try to give Kurt a call tomorrow and he can explain it better over the phone. It's much easier to explain when you can walk someone through the steps. Good luck and happy hunting!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by firefighter7136 View Post
    Log in on grant website to see status page. If your dept has received any grants in the past click on "view application" tab of earlier grants to find "view 1199A". Highlight this and click "Go". When the 1199A form loads look for your 2012 grant reference number. If it is there it is a good sign but not a guarantee. If your dept has not received a grant in the past, log in to status page. Click on "view application tab for 2012 grant app. If "update 1199A" is visible, again a good sign but not guaranteed. Highlight the 1199A tab, click "Go", print form and fill out, then return to FEMA as directed.

Good luck and happy hunting. If it's not there yet don't worry, it is still very early in grant season.

Must have hit send right after NOT2L84U2! How's that for timing!
    Last edited by BCCB; 11-20-2012 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Laughing at simultaneous posting

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by onebugle View Post
    Found an 1199A for my regional grant.
    How awesome is it that you can "LIKE" status on the forums just like on FB! Hahah!! Tells you how much I browse the forums anymore. How have you been Andy?
    JAM1096 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BCCB View Post
    Log in on grant website to see status page. If your dept has received any grants in the past click on "view application" tab of earlier grants to find "view 1199A". Highlight this and click "Go". When the 1199A form loads look for your 2012 grant reference number. If it is there it is a good sign but not a guarantee. If your dept has not received a grant in the past, log in to status page. Click on "view application tab for 2012 grant app. If "update 1199A" is visible, again a good sign but not guaranteed. Highlight the 1199A tab, click "Go", print form and fill out, then return to FEMA as directed.

Good luck and happy hunting. If it's not there yet don't worry, it is still very early in grant season.

Must have hit send right after NOT2L84U2! How's that for timing!
    I'll second that motion!! HA!!!!

One thing to add to this as the voice of experience, it can't just be any name that is on the 1199A. It can only be the name that the bank has listed on the account. For example, I thought I would speed the process along and sign the form and take it to the bank to get it signed....well....my name wasn't on the account at the time and I had already hit save on the online form so I had to call FEMA back and have them release the form then fill it out again, track down the guy that really needed to sign it, then take it back to the bank and mail it in to FEMA (using a tracking service just in case it got lost of course).

Forum Member

Definitely good advice. Make sure you know who the department's authorized bank signer is (treasurer, president, etc). The 1199A is signed by this person. Best to have them fill it out and take it to the bank. Then you can forward to FEMA. Once the 1199A is filed you can make payment requests through website without a problem.

Also keep copies of everything in case anything gets lost!

Forum Member

Found an 1199 for a much needed compressor today. Happy Thanksgiving!

Forum Member

Check my list again late last night and found a 1199 for 6 Heart Monitors. Happy T-Day to all that are finding 1199's. Remember to be thankful for what we have and to pray for our troops to come home safely.

Forum Member

2 more this morning...

MembersZone Subscriber

Another bit of advice for those searching for 1199A's. Check all of your applications that have been awarded in the past as there could be more than one "View 1199A" in the Action Boxes.

Additionally, if it has been quite some time in between awards check your 2012 application(s) as well for the "Update 1199A".

Forum Member

We have helped 2 Departments in our area out so far hose was found on Monday and this morning found updates for Gear and Washer! Glad to be able to help those small departments in our area.
    John & Sheila
    McMechen Volunteer Fire Department
    "Always Ready Always Faithful"

www.mcmechenvfd.com
    jdavis@mcmechenvfd.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 First ... 234567815 ... Last

Thread Information