+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 26 First ... 345678916 ... Last
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 2012 1199's

Forum Member

And if you have multiple View 1199A links check all of them, even if you had a newer one pop up. I have one that has a 2009 SAFER View 1199A and a 2011 1199A showed up on their 2003 link last year. Some have the same bank accounts on all their apps and still get a new Update link in their new apps. Just depends on the loopholes in the code.

Figures all these would drop while I'm trying to handle drywalling the garage in between watching the kids this week and can only spot check. On top of that doesn't help that the Mrs went to a craft fair on Sunday and it cost me a ton, in the form of another 4 legged kid. 8 week old dalmation mix with something, but kids are having fun so I guess it's all worth it.

But found another regional SCBA out in Cali that I did spot check yesterday and wasn't there, and some PPE and a compressor (different apps) last night. Hopefully can get some time to check the whole list while the paint dries in the garage....

Forum Member

Don't care how they show up as long as they keep coming

Forum Member

I also just found a new 1199a that was not there yesterday for new LDH and 2 1/2" hose. Happy Thanksgiving to all!!
    xchief23 likes this.

Forum Member

Thanks for the info folks! Our department has never got an award, we have applied every year since the AFG started. Hoping this year could be our year! We are in dire need of turnout gear, if we dont get AFG this year, I think we will have to resort to begging! Keeping my fingers crossed for some success!

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey have any of you heard of a new data base they are tying stuff too called SAM. Apparently we are being held up because our CCR stuff is hidden from public view and we have to go un-hide it so the AFG Rep can see it in this new data base

Forum Member

SAM is the new CCR. It is free so if for any reason any of you go to sign up and it says $600, you're in the wrong spot. It costs for-profit companies, not non-profits.

Just got a call from a department in PA that I checked earlier today and their Ops is showing. Wasn't there 2 hours ago when I did the regional spot check. Think I'm just going to wait until tonight to check when everyone is done for the holiday....

MembersZone Subscriber

Anyone know what apps other than paper have not been PRed. I mean like after a certain number or date or certain equipment type? Any specific groupings or just random?
    I still have the budget revision question...Anyone found budget revisions to app before anything else?
    BB

Forum Member

Looking like a early Christmas for us. Found 2012 1199A for rescue equipment. Good luck to everyone and don't eat to much turkey

Forum Member

Any movement on the Safer 1199's?

MembersZone Subscriber

Just found a 1199A for another department. Looks like a couple of TIC's are in their future.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BB3939 View Post
    Anyone know what apps other than paper have not been PRed. I mean like after a certain number or date or certain equipment type? Any specific groupings or just random?
    I still have the budget revision question...Anyone found budget revisions to app before anything else?
    When our department was issued a grant for Air Packs they did a reduction a couple of months before the 1199 dropped then another couple of months before the announcement.

Forum Member

WJ Vaughn
    I cant answer your PM. It says you have it set not to recieve any PM.Unlock it and ill answer.:

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WJVaughn View Post
    Hey have any of you heard of a new data base they are tying stuff too called SAM. Apparently we are being held up because our CCR stuff is hidden from public view and we have to go un-hide it so the AFG Rep can see it in this new data base
    New requirements. Once you register, it all comes from CCR. check it out: https://www.sam.gov/portal/public/SAM/

Forum Member

Found a 1199 for SCBA Thanks kurt for the summit in IL. As always your help is appreciated.

Bryan Tello

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Troyboy67 View Post
    New requirements. Once you register, it all comes from CCR. check it out: https://www.sam.gov/portal/public/SAM/
    Do we actually have to show our status as "public?" I've been setting them to "private" so the departments I work with wouldn't get barraged by spammers.

Forum Member

Just found the 1199a for our SCBA app this morning. Coincidentally I just found some performance reports from our 2009 grant that had not been completed, submitted them and two days later the 1199a dropped. My advice is go back and check your previous grants, as I had not received any messages saying anything was outstanding on the previous grant.
    Last edited by LFPDLT; 11-27-2012 at 10:02 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by LFPDLT View Post
    Just found the 1199a for our SCBA app this morning. Coincidentally I just found some performance reports from our 2009 grant that had not been completed, submitted them and two days later the 1199a dropped. My advice is go back and check your previous grants, as I had not received any messages saying anything was outstanding on the previous grant.
    Let that be a warning to all; they don't send messages reminding you to keep your reports active. They will just withhold and award or lock up your access to awarded money. It is your responsibility to keep up with those reports Make use of your MS-Outlook or "calendar" functions and put reminders in for your reports being accomplished on time and filed. Then don't just click past the reminders when they pop up, just do it!
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

They do send emails sometimes but they go to the Message Center online, and show as a new message for that award year. My advice has always been to make sure you have no new messages on any award year, that way it's normal to log in and see nothing listed on any of the apps in the Status screen. So when a new message pops up it's not lost in the mix. I've seen unread messages going back to 2002, some just "congrats for submitting", but still, easier to see the difference between no new messages and 1 versus having 1 and it changing to a 2.

MembersZone Subscriber

Well the grant Gods were busy last night found 6 new 1199a award number updates this morning Get to clicking folks!
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Well the grant Gods were busy last night found 6 new 1199a award number updates this morning Get to clicking folks!
    Any apparatus grants yet?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by SFD_E73_RET View Post
    Any apparatus grants yet?
    Curiously no! Still holding in that depart!
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Ugghhh...back to waiting. Nothing new on my front.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Attack6 View Post
    Ugghhh...back to waiting. Nothing new on my front.
    Tom I would have called you first if I saw anything brother. Looking out for you always! LOL
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Thanks Kurt. For the first time, Im becoming discouraged. Will continue on though, as I know you have to write em to get em.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Attack6 View Post
    Thanks Kurt. For the first time, Im becoming discouraged. Will continue on though, as I know you have to write em to get em.
    Well no reason to be discouraged at this point Tom, it's way, way too early to cry Uncle!
    Kurt Bradley

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 26 First ... 345678916 ... Last

Thread Information