Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 2012 1199's

MembersZone Subscriber

Way to go. Congratulations!
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

I have an odd question for those more knowledgable on the ins and outs of this process. I saw an 1199 for 2012 FO on Tues 11/20 for gas detectors and training. Good so far, but today, looked at the app and saw that it was "submitted" on 11/28/12 and the equipment portion of the grant was zeroed out, the training portion is still there in the original amount, but the bottom totals, including matching funds reflect only the training monies. I have had no communication with AFG about accepting a reduced award. Any insight into what may have happened?

Thanks,

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by thoskin View Post
    I have an odd question for those more knowledgable on the ins and outs of this process. I saw an 1199 for 2012 FO on Tues 11/20 for gas detectors and training. Good so far, but today, looked at the app and saw that it was "submitted" on 11/28/12 and the equipment portion of the grant was zeroed out, the training portion is still there in the original amount, but the bottom totals, including matching funds reflect only the training monies. I have had no communication with AFG about accepting a reduced award. Any insight into what may have happened?

Thanks,
    From what you are saying it appears that you will probably receive the training funding but your equipment has been denied or removed. You are going to have to wait and see what your actual official award letter would say to gain further insight and to accept or appeal a reduction in funding.
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Get to clicking again. Found another 3-4 this morning that were not there yesterday.My clients killing it this year however, still no vehicle indications yet.
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Yep, same here...patiently (Maybe not) waiting to here about our vehicle grant. Would be a nice Christmas present as our Snorkel is OOS now!

Forum Member

More SAFER awards showing today. Nothing on AFG awards page.

MembersZone Subscriber

A vehicle ref award # was found this afternoon. In fact I know a jolly bald guy up Chicago way that is dancing the "double award" jig this evening and probably deep into his second or third scotch right now., Might ad that this is is second time at winning a double award for vehicle and ops. Congrats to the 2012 Super Summit host Jeff LeBeda from Westchester.
    Casco18 likes this.
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Good Job Jeff!

MembersZone Subscriber

Just found a 1199A posted for my department. 5" LDH, Adapters, Valves and AEDs for all of our trucks.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by mmcneill View Post
    Just found a 1199A posted for my department. 5" LDH, Adapters, Valves and AEDs for all of our trucks.
    Congrats Mike. Was that there yesterday afternoon?
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ktb9780 View Post
    Congrats Mike. Was that there yesterday afternoon?
    Must have been. It was not there yesterday morning.

Forum Member

Someone needs to find something soon today so I can stop beating my head on my desk. I mean doing NJ State tax returns. Same difference....and people wonder why businesses are leaving the state and many retailers won't ship there to avoid having to pay ridiculous corporate tax rates. Only state in the US that does it too. We're a TX business, so we do TX and federal tax returns, but NJ wants a set of paperwork too just to be registered to do business. Have to pay $500 a year in taxes plus registration fees even if we don't do any work in the state. Part of the reason my relatives closed their H-D dealership there.

One day maybe the powers that be will learn that payroll taxes from working residents brings in a lot more revenue than corporate taxes....and make happier votors. Even been proven by bi-partisan think tanks everywhere and every political party, yet no one enacts business-friendly policies....details....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BC79er View Post
    Someone needs to find something soon today so I can stop beating my head on my desk. I mean doing NJ State tax returns. Same difference....and people wonder why businesses are leaving the state and many retailers won't ship there to avoid having to pay ridiculous corporate tax rates. Only state in the US that does it too. We're a TX business, so we do TX and federal tax returns, but NJ wants a set of paperwork too just to be registered to do business. Have to pay $500 a year in taxes plus registration fees even if we don't do any work in the state. Part of the reason my relatives closed their H-D dealership there.

One day maybe the powers that be will learn that payroll taxes from working residents brings in a lot more revenue than corporate taxes....and make happier votors. Even been proven by bi-partisan think tanks everywhere and every political party, yet no one enacts business-friendly policies....details....
    Exactly why I'm trying to relocate. State passed law in 2004 preventing building in our area to protect drinking water for rest of state. No funding for our area included and property taxes have gone through the roof. Now anti-hunters (same people who drink clean water without paying us and don't live in our area) have proposed legislation to require all residents in our area to have to buy bear-proof garbage cans because they think this will end bear hunting! The list keeps going and the hits, taxes and fees keep coming.

BTW- Ever notice it costs nothing to drive into NJ but you have to pay at every border to get out!!!

Forum Member

Been that way as long as I can remember living next door and having to drive through to get to the away hockey games. 'Cause if people had to pay to get in they might not come. Of course I jest since I like NJ as a place, uniqueness, vacationing, just the legal/political environment is way off reality. Always wondered about that, if all the residents are against a lot of things, why are they still laws/policies? Like most, I have to blame Snookie....

Forum Member

Ok, some of the 1199A are out, so when do we see the official announcements.

Forum Member

Looks like about 10 coming out this week.

Forum Member

Only 10, would be nice to see more people dancing in the streets. I hope that I'm one of the 10.

Forum Member

Have any vehicle 1199As gone out yet?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by medstudent13 View Post
    Have any vehicle 1199As gone out yet?
    I am aware of only one at this point.
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

Get to clicking again, found a new one this morning for turnouts. Safer posting too. Good luck all. Jeff

Forum Member

Congrats Jeff. Now you can relax a little.

Forum Member

Relax, looooool, not the right time of year to relax got to many still pending. But it is a good Christmas gift for a small, very rural dept., in the back woods of TN.. This is a example to all the nay sayers that think only the big FD's get all the grants. This Dept. only runs about 40 calls a year. Thank you Lord. Jeff
    Last edited by EMT6126; 12-05-2012 at 04:29 PM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Found one this morning for a neighboring department, 43k for turnouts. I wrote it, so it sort of counts. Sure wish it was MY department though!

Forum Member

Nothing here..I know its still early but I am starting to feel nervous.

MembersZone Subscriber

Got an 1199A for a local department for turnout gear. This will their first grant. One down many to go.

Thread Information