Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 2012 1199's

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LFPDLT View Post
    Just found the 1199a for our SCBA app this morning. Coincidentally I just found some performance reports from our 2009 grant that had not been completed, submitted them and two days later the 1199a dropped. My advice is go back and check your previous grants, as I had not received any messages saying anything was outstanding on the previous grant.
    Why would they hold us responsible for during performance reports on a 2009 grant that should have been finalized and closed out two years ago if they had the module ready?

Forum Member

Has anyone seen anything yet for apparatus? Thanks
    olneyfd likes this.

I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, but we have a safer, and OPS, and a Vehicle all waiting for any movement. We DID get an email the other day asking us to close out on paper our 2006 SAFER grant, including all the forms to fill out manually.

MembersZone Subscriber jdlowndes's Avatar

Talking

I just received an 1199a equipment grant this morning! This grant has been denied for the last 2 years, and so has my truck grant but will gladly take whatever they give me! Also, it doesn't appear to have any cost changes which is a blessing to.

A big thanks to Mr. Kurt Bradley for his help and words of encouragement over the last the last couple of years and for teaching an awesome grant class. I am looking forward to hopefully going again soon!

Praise the Lord for His help most of all! I wouldn't be able to do it without Him!!
    Last edited by jdlowndes; 11-28-2012 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jdlowndes View Post
    I just received an 1199a equipment grant this morning! This grant has been denied for the last 2 years, and so has my truck grant but will gladly take whatever they give me! Also, it doesn't appear to have any cost changes which is a blessing to.

A big thanks to Mr. Kurt Bradley for his help and words of encouragement over the last the last couple of years and for teaching an awesome grant class. I am looking forward to hopefully going again soon!

Praise the Lord for His help most of all! I wouldn't be able to do it without Him!!
    Always my pleasure
    Kurt Bradley
    Public Safety Grants Consultant

"Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

Default 1199a update email

Woke up this morning getting ready to drop my Jeep off and spend $1000 to replace the front differential, grab my phone and saw a new email...1199a UPDATE EMAIL! I suddenly felt a lot better about my Jeep repairs!

Tom, As this is my first grant that i'll be responsible for expect a lot of phone calls!

-Dan

choffd

Default Thanks Kurt!!!

Hey Kurt Got your voice messages yesterday on the 1199. Yay! They did cut the request down to just the breathing air compressor/cascade/fill station but I am not complaining. The one in service at the present time is in very bad shape.

We did ask for 9 additional SCBA's even though we knew it may be a long shot. (you warned me) The Department was funded for 10 about 6 years ago but we need the additional one's to meet our goal of one per riding position. The other 9 we have are past two required upgrades. We will have to find another way to fund that project

We already have our next AFG grant written for two (2) EKG units. Trying to talk several Departments into a regional since our standard of care has significantly changed.

Our risk assessment and replacement plan is driving our progress. We now have our priorities for funding set and we will continue to seek assistance from AFG to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by ltoffd View Post
    Hey Kurt Got your voice messages yesterday on the 1199. Yay! They did cut the request down to just the breathing air compressor/cascade/fill station but I am not complaining. The one in service at the present time is in very bad shape.

We did ask for 9 additional SCBA's even though we knew it may be a long shot. (you warned me) The Department was funded for 10 about 6 years ago but we need the additional one's to meet our goal of one per riding position. The other 9 we have are past two required upgrades. We will have to find another way to fund that project

We already have our next AFG grant written for two (2) EKG units. Trying to talk several Departments into a regional since our standard of care has significantly changed.

Our risk assessment and replacement plan is driving our progress. We now have our priorities for funding set and we will continue to seek assistance from AFG to get there.
    That's great Tim glad to be of assistance. BTW- going to be in your neck of the woods on Dec 15-16
    (http://www.firstrespondergrants.com/..._view/class/62 ). If you or anyone around you need a class let me know, still room there. Congratulations.
    Kurt Bradley

MembersZone Subscriber

Any of you insiders know when those remaining applications are going to be PRed? At some point that should free things up a bit as well right?
    BB

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BB3939 View Post
    Any of you insiders know when those remaining applications are going to be PRed? At some point that should free things up a bit as well right?
    I was told by a AFG rep, that hopefully they will be read within two weeks. They are trying to get a panel put together. They hope to have all of the awards out by the end of January to the middle of February. Sandy has pushed everything back.
    I'm still waiting, both of my apps have gone to peer, but that is all I can find out. Unknown if they have been read yet.

Forum Member

Got an 1199 in my inbox this morning for SCBAs!!!

Forum Member

Just found my new 1199 in a previous award year this morning. I did not receive any updates or e-mail notification as of yet. Will that be coming? Also, I have not been notified to renew/upgrade at SAMs - will that also be communicated when it is time?

Thanks to all on here who have helped with my questions and have shared their opinions.

Forum Member

Unless it requested an update you don't need to do anything. Since they changed the format last year to just be 1199A, then award, and 30 days from there to discuss reductions or accept it as is there's nothing to do but chill the champagne or other beverage of choice until announcement day. Congrats by the way to both of you guys. Guess I'll have to break down and check the whole list for this week after I get back from picking up the buggy from service...

Received a 1199A for a Sprinkler System. Not a Summit Project however the information gained was great.

How will station upgrades be handled? I did see a AFG news letter regarding a series of questions.
    "There's no such thing as a bad day,
    Some are just better than others." JFR 1914-1997

Forum Member

Anything construction related requires an EHA review (Environmental/Historical Assessment I think it stands for). To make sure there's no negative impact to the environment or disrupts a historical site.

Way to go. Congratulations!
    Kurt Bradley

Forum Member

I have an odd question for those more knowledgable on the ins and outs of this process. I saw an 1199 for 2012 FO on Tues 11/20 for gas detectors and training. Good so far, but today, looked at the app and saw that it was "submitted" on 11/28/12 and the equipment portion of the grant was zeroed out, the training portion is still there in the original amount, but the bottom totals, including matching funds reflect only the training monies. I have had no communication with AFG about accepting a reduced award. Any insight into what may have happened?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by thoskin View Post
    I have an odd question for those more knowledgable on the ins and outs of this process. I saw an 1199 for 2012 FO on Tues 11/20 for gas detectors and training. Good so far, but today, looked at the app and saw that it was "submitted" on 11/28/12 and the equipment portion of the grant was zeroed out, the training portion is still there in the original amount, but the bottom totals, including matching funds reflect only the training monies. I have had no communication with AFG about accepting a reduced award. Any insight into what may have happened?

Thanks,
    From what you are saying it appears that you will probably receive the training funding but your equipment has been denied or removed. You are going to have to wait and see what your actual official award letter would say to gain further insight and to accept or appeal a reduction in funding.
    Kurt Bradley

Get to clicking again. Found another 3-4 this morning that were not there yesterday.My clients killing it this year however, still no vehicle indications yet.
    Kurt Bradley

Yep, same here...patiently (Maybe not) waiting to here about our vehicle grant. Would be a nice Christmas present as our Snorkel is OOS now!

Thread Information