Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Smile Looking for fire/ems help with upcoming webcomic

Hey everybody, good evening.

I don't want to waste anyone's time so I'll get right to the point here. We all know that in our chosen public safety profession, be it law enforcement, fire or EMS, there is a lot of seriousness and negatives. I've been tossing around the idea of launching a public safety themed webcomic that captures all of the positives and hilarious moments and encounters we face for some time.

Originally I was going to start with a law enforcement theme only and potentially expand into the other public safety arenas, and in fact I've drawn over 100 complete comic strips about my own personal experiences. But I've decided to go through with launching the comic with a broader focus on Law Enforcement, Fire and EMS. The strips will intertwine (incidents and storylines will include POV's from all three angles) and will be based in the fictional California city of "Los Diego," and will be focused on a set of regular characters. The comic will be updated one time per week only.

I figure that firefighters and EMS have stressful days just like police officers, and it would be a great publication for you guys as well. The artwork is no problem; I've been drawing comics and illustrating my entire life...and law enforcement stories I have a plethora of. The only problem is I have no good fire/EMS stories because frankly, I know very little about fire and EMS.

What I'm looking for is a firefighter or EMS professional, maybe even a part timer, reserve or volunteer, to help me come up with some funny ideas and good storylines that I can draw and integrate into the law enforcement side of the comic. We don't have to meet and we don't have to talk on the phone, emails will suffice. This person is not expected to draw any comics, and WILL receive recognition for helping to write the fire/EMS side of the story.

If you are interested in helping me out, please shoot me an email to tim@10-8studios.com and tell me a little about yourself. Again, this is totally volunteer and really just aimed at bringing some light hearted humor we can all relate to into the public safety workplace. It's a webcomic for us, by us.

Below I've attached one of the 100 law enforcement themed comics I've already drawn so you get an idea of the style of the comic and the type of humor, and hopefully to give you a laugh to start your weekend off with.

Thank you for your time!

I think you need the assistance of LaFireEducator. He is uniquely qualified to provide you with information on a broad range subjects.
    Good Luck with it.

Thread Information