Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Our New Tanker!

Default Our New Tanker!

Brand new 3000 gallon tanker picked up from Fouts Bro's Today!!!!!!!! This will be replacing our 1500 gallon 1955 Ford Farm truck tanker we've been using for 100 years. Do the math, somehow that works out

Name:  New Tanker!.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  25.9 KB
    WBFD25 likes this.

Let's talk fire trucks! BoxAlarm187's Avatar

Looks like a fine rig, I know that the members are going to be excited to see it roll into the station for the first time.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

yup, i'm one of them. this pic was sent to us by our cheif and our grant writer(also a senior member on the dept). They picked it up in Georgia today, and hope to be in northern minnesota with it by sometime late tomorrow night!

and we just so happen to have a training night on wednesday. Hmmmmmmmmmmm, i wonder what our training topic will be

Nice looking rig. Just remember, you've got six more tons of water sitting behind you now - driving needs to be adjusted accordingly.
    Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

Fouts makes a solid machine. You will be happy with it.
    Career Firefighter
    Volunteer Captain

-Professional in Either Role-

Quote Originally Posted by Rescue101 View Post
    I don't mind fire rolling over my head. I just don't like it rolling UNDER my a**.

Forum Member

Minnesota huh? Does that thing give out crushed AND cubed in the winter up there?

Anyway, dazzle us with the details, what all ya got on it?

Quote Originally Posted by tree68 View Post
    Nice looking rig. Just remember, you've got six more tons of water sitting behind you now - driving needs to be adjusted accordingly.
    We have a manditory EVOC training in 2 weeks to take to comply with grant requirements. Even with all the extra weight/height, having tandem axles will help out compared to what we had. I'll try snap a picture of our outgoing tanker for comparison. lol

Quote Originally Posted by GTRider245 View Post
    Fouts makes a solid machine. You will be happy with it.
    Cool, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by johnsb View Post
    Minnesota huh? Does that thing give out crushed AND cubed in the winter up there?
    it almost should! We have contemplated adding an ice fishing auger to it for the need to cut a hole in a river/creek to draft from. but nothing serious has appened yet. lol

Quote Originally Posted by johnsb View Post
    Anyway, dazzle us with the details, what all ya got on it?

I when the truck makes it home i'll check it out and snap some more pics. If i remember right we put a 1250 GPH pump on it. other than that I cannot remember any of the specs. (if you don't recall, i'm the rookie on the department so i'm still learning alot of this myself )
    Last edited by Daped01; 09-11-2012 at 08:26 AM.

Forum Member

Very nice rig! I know all to well about those old "farm trucks" being converted to Fire Apparatus, our Department has only one left to get rid of. An actual purpose built piece of equipment is a fantastic upgrade! Congrats!

"They picked it up in Georgia today, and hope to be in northern minnesota with it by sometime late tomorrow night! "

Honestly, just curious. We've never picked up an engine, they have always been delivered. Part of that reasoning is due to our not being responsible for anything that happens on it's 1200+ mile trip to our firehouse. Do you have some type of "coverage" from the manufacturer that covers it's cross country trip while being drive by your members and not reps of the manufacturer?
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Quote Originally Posted by Bones42 View Post
    "They picked it up in Georgia today, and hope to be in northern minnesota with it by sometime late tomorrow night! "

Honestly, just curious. We've never picked up an engine, they have always been delivered. Part of that reasoning is due to our not being responsible for anything that happens on it's 1200+ mile trip to our firehouse. Do you have some type of "coverage" from the manufacturer that covers it's cross country trip while being drive by your members and not reps of the manufacturer?

I would assume thats something the guys that went to pick it up figured out before they left. I'm extremely new to all of this only being on the department since february. I do know back in 04 or 05 when we got our pumper whoever we/they got it through delivered it to us. I can completely see where you are coming from though.

I suppose I should have thanked FEMA for the grant to purchase this girl too eh? slowly but surely we are building ourselves a nice fleet/department. now if we could just upgrade our turnouts and SCBA we will be set.....lol
    Last edited by Daped01; 09-11-2012 at 12:17 PM.

just talked to the cheif. they are in black river falls wisconsin. about 8 hours away. I don't think i'm gonna be able to go to bed until I can go check it out tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

I've encountered several manufacturers that have/allow the customer to drive their new apparatus home. When we bought our KME 20 years ago, there was a group from Orange County, CA about to leave the factory (in PA) to drive the rig home.

While I wouldn't expect the manufacturer to necessarily be responsible for incidental damage (ie accidents, stones in windshields, etc), driving the rig home does provide a good shakedown. I know of a couple of used trucks that didn't make it home without some form of dealer intervention.
    Opinions my own. Standard disclaimers apply.

Everyone goes home. Safety begins with you.

My only financial thought - if you arrange for the possession to be transfered at the dealer location, then you don't have the expenses of going to pick it up. True, you will pay either way, but AFG will not cover you going to get it.

We have a training meeting tonight. I'll snap some more pics if her and the one we are getting rid of for comparison sake. lol

Hey hoped they stopped at the big orange moose in Black River Falls

Quote Originally Posted by BrianB35 View Post
    Hey hoped they stopped at the big orange moose in Black River Falls

its very possible. they came in 3 hours later than they had expected!

Quote Originally Posted by Daped01 View Post
    We have a training meeting tonight. I'll snap some more pics if her and the one we are getting rid of for comparison sake. lol
    Do that. This thread is useless without pictures!

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Daped01 View Post
    just talked to the cheif. they are in black river falls wisconsin. about 8 hours away. I don't think i'm gonna be able to go to bed until I can go check it out tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
    Nice rig and from the sounds of it your dept really needed it. Oh, and by the way chief is i before e and when used in your sentence context should be capitalized. Now you know enough to be one with that bit of useless information.

Quote Originally Posted by Miller337 View Post
    Nice rig and from the sounds of it your dept really needed it. Oh, and by the way chief is i before e and when used in your sentence context should be capitalized. Now you know enough to be one with that bit of useless information.

yeah, i get the I before E's mixed up alot even though i know the saying. I try my best to spell and use proper grammar, but sometimes my excitement gets to me. At least thats the case here I think???? lol

We went from this (1800 gal)..........

Name:  IMG_9679.jpg
Views: 611
Size:  25.6 KB

Name:  IMG_9688.jpg
Views: 617
Size:  20.4 KB

Name:  IMG_9689.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  27.8 KB
    Last edited by Daped01; 09-12-2012 at 11:52 PM.

Thread Information