Forum Member

Default Because we all forget....

New award movement can't occur until all reports for prior awards have been submitted. I.E. closeouts (2008 and prior), bi-annual reports, etc. Reports were due July 1st for any open grants from 2011.

In other words check your app center emails to make sure you haven't missed anything, and that means all unread emails for any year, any program.

Also be aware of expiring passwords, have dealt with a bunch just in the last week. Like jury duty there doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to it. A couple have had to change 2-3 times this year, and I've got a couple that haven't been changed in years that any of us can remember. Either way, the reminder to change the password only pops up within 30 days of expiration, so make sure you login at least that much.

I know several people that won't have that problem since they're checking for those 1199As several times a day....

Forum Member

We have an 08 grant with a performance period of 11/7/08-11/6/09. Its close out was submitted 1/31/10. Any idea why we have not heard anything. Still waiting to have it accepted.

Forum Member

Usually there's an email that comes through saying the closeout was accepted, but sometimes it doesn't show. As long as you put it in, the ball is in their court so they can't ding you for it.

Forum Member

so what do they do if your app scores for the first round and you have some report open? do they hold off award until u are current

I have a friend that was wondering not me

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by hoserbt1 View Post
    so what do they do if your app scores for the first round and you have some report open? do they hold off award until u are current

I have a friend that was wondering not me

From PG:
    D. Reporting Requirements
    -Grantees are obliged to submit various financial and programmatic reports as a condition of their award acceptance. Please see below for a summary of financial and/or programmatic reports as required. Future awards and fund drawdowns may be withheld if these reports are delinquent.
    Last edited by ktb9780; 09-19-2012 at 09:10 AM.
    Kurt Bradley
    Fire/EMS/EMA Grant Consultant
    " Never Trade Skill for Luck"

Forum Member

They'll make a couple of attempts to contact people to get the closeouts done before they post an 1199A, but odds are unless it's PPE or SCBA they're not going to work too hard to get people to do what they were supposed to do on their own. And were probably contacted several times before to get it done. It's only 2008 and prior closeouts, but the bi-annual reports due Jan 31 and July 31 are for all awards in all programs.

If you think you scored well and haven't seen movement, make sure they didn't reopen something from the past and are waiting for you to respond. I mean, tell your "friend" to get it done.

Thread Information