Forum Member

Default I need an experts help here I think

i was piddling around reviewing older Grant applications and awards when I came across the 2009 FO grant that we were awarded. I noticed the closeout was not there so I go in and look. It says I never closed it out due to some semi annual financial report form that I know was not there before. I know this because I had a heck of a time figuring out the semi annual performance report back then. Also I am pretty sure I DID do a closeout on the grant.

I have done the semi annual financial report to the best of my recollection and paper work but now I am afraid this has messed with past possible awards over the past couple of years.

Has anyone else noticed this and does this affect anything current and moving forwards.

Forum Member

I have a bunch of report errr messages as well and I can open each one and see them completed. I think it is just a bud. There is no closeout available for that year to current. I don't think it will hurt you. I would call your rep to be sure.

Forum Member

They're still working 2008 and older, and nothing has been done with anything newer. Still bugs in the system as hoserbt said. Although to be accurate he said "bud", which is still probably accurate since that's probably what the software people were drinking when they were coding. Of course I can't blame them, probably the same as my old job, make something out of nothing with no directions or concepts and half old code half new code on a constantly changing requirement....that's why Dilbert is a documentary not a comic strip....

Forum Member

Thanks guys, and BC i pretty much agree completely with you. I currently am working a project that started way back when with Access 97 attempting to update to .Net and SQL and of course I get a lot of "well that's not the way we want it" from the users.

But I saw that and I thought OH No! What did I miss. So now I am relieved from the stress. Now back to the click refresh click to keep an eye on things.

Thread Information