Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By yjbrody

Thread: Can't Pass the Ergo..Out of Ideas...Help anyone?

SMP
    Forum Member

Default Can't Pass the Ergo..Out of Ideas...Help anyone?

*posted in the wrong section before*
    Okay I've been trying to pass this dang test for a year now. I've taken it about 6 times with no luck at all. Every time I take it I always pass the math, reading and mechanical. Its the dang human relations that's tripping me up. I need a 75 to pass and I keep getting a like 69-71 ish.
    I know the rules about discussing it and yes I've searched but still not finding the info I need.
    Does anyone have any tips or really know how they grade this thing!?! I'm completely lost on what I'm doing wrong.
    I'm in a hiring process and I've passed everything but this and its really holding me back from starting my career..

SMP
    Forum Member

anyone ?

Forum Member

Forum Member

I feel ya. Without getting into specifics because of the non-disclosure agreement that we sign:
    Keep in mind that each test is tailored for departments needs/wants in a candidate, so just because you did poorly answering a certain way for one test doesn't mean that you will do better on the next by changing answers.

It's also odd, but I found the more time I had on a dept worse my scores got. I've heard from several guys that have done well enough to move on (no one does great) to try answering the questions with little or no knowledge of the fire service because that's how the test is designed (they even state that at the beginning). It's easy to forget that though when you've had time on. Just my opinion and my strategy going forward that I will test in a few months. Hope it helps.

Good luck to you and keep at it.
    Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

SMP
    Forum Member

Yeah thats kinda hard when you have been around this stuff since you were a baby. One hired guy told me I'm to "old school".
    I honestly don't know how to think differently to pass it...

SMP
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fire49 View Post
    Is this even legit?

SMP
    Forum Member

bump.. .

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SMP View Post
    bump.. .
    Kicked my A## twice as well... and I do pretty good on most test... Who knows!!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SMP View Post
    Is this even legit?
    Capt Bob is definitely legit, but he mostly focuses on getting people ready for orals. I have used and currently use his concepts to get ready for oral boards along with a lot of other people here.

For fireteam though, I haven't seen much that you don't already know from him. Here's his post from another similar thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Bob View Post
    Candidates who have trouble with the FireTeam Testing video found that on the difficult questions if they went to their feminine side they answered better. Isn't that precious?

This from a candidate who paid to test drive the video testing:

DON'T answer the situational questions the way you think the "test writers" want you to, answer thinking about the big picture and what is right for everyone, being a kiss-up will not get you a 100% on this test. I know; I got kinda toady on one question and got slammed. So much for my 100%

It seemed like for each question the four answers fell into these categories:
    Correct
    Semi-Correct
    Neutral
    Wrong

Of course if you sit there and try to figure out which ones fall into each category you will fall behind and start screwing up.
    Absolutely check Capt Bob out in prep for orals though, when you do figure out the FireTeam test. Good luck. You aren't alone...
    Last edited by yjbrody; 10-31-2012 at 10:19 AM. Reason: can't get quote to show up
    ColoradoDave likes this.
    Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Thread Information