Forum Member

Default Spartan September 2012 Fire Engineering Ad

Just was flipping through Fire Engineering and noticed in a Spartan ERV ad for safety they had a large picture of a truck company on it's side, showing how well it survived a crash. Well...it's a distinctly Ferrara apparatus.

Am I missing something? Or am I just really confused as to the point of the ad?

Let's talk fire trucks!

Now I wish I hadn't left my copy at home this morning. I'm very curious.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

I'm not sure that that was the point of the ad. I think that what they were trying to communicate is that they think that their air bags would have deployed and would have provided more protection for the members who were riding that day.

That's just my reading of it after looking at the ad again with the benefit of your comments. Maybe someone with some inside knowledge would be kind enough to come on here and enlighten all of us.

Forum Member

Was it maybe a Ferrara built body on a Spartan Chassis? I didn't see the pic so... FFA does build on Spartan, for those who prefer that chassis.

Whoever it was, I hope everyone got out of it alright!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chiefengineer11 View Post
    I'm not sure that that was the point of the ad. I think that what they were trying to communicate is that they think that their air bags would have deployed and would have provided more protection for the members who were riding that day.

That's just my reading of it after looking at the ad again with the benefit of your comments. Maybe someone with some inside knowledge would be kind enough to come on here and enlighten all of us.
    This was a Houston FD Ferrara Aerial that rolled over onto a car at an intersection and I'm sure it wasn't Spartan intent to slight Ferrara but just to show the advantages of their new APS (Advanced Protection System) which is the most advanced air bag-passenger restraint system.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nozzle nut 22 View Post
    Was it maybe a Ferrara built body on a Spartan Chassis? I didn't see the pic so... FFA does build on Spartan, for those who prefer that chassis.

Whoever it was, I hope everyone got out of it alright!
    No, if you get a chance, get a look at the pic. It's on page 45 of September's Fire Engineering. It appears to be a Ferrara cab.

Forum Member

I met with the Spartan regional sales manager this morning about specs for our new pumper and we talked about the ad.

He said the purpose of the ad was not to show or compare anything to the truck in the picture as the truck in the picture took the roll over well. The purpose of the picture in the ad was just to make a statement that accidents with fire trucks do happen and the lower part of the ad showcases/introduces Spartans new protection (Airbag) system.

Forum Member

I am pretty sure Ferarra and Spartan parted ways
    ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ladderman View Post
    I met with the Spartan regional sales manager this morning about specs for our new pumper and we talked about the ad.

He said the purpose of the ad was not to show or compare anything to the truck in the picture as the truck in the picture took the roll over well. The purpose of the picture in the ad was just to make a statement that accidents with fire trucks do happen and the lower part of the ad showcases/introduces Spartans new protection (Airbag) system.
    I see! Thank you for the insight.

Forum Member

I think the same photo is in most fire related magazines.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Not sure why Spartan would use a picture of a Fererra in one of their adds.

Thread Information