+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: City of Richmond, VA - 2012 Fire Recruit

Forum Member

The time is growing close for applications to be in. If you like to fight fire and can live on the pay and want a job, then put the papers in and go for it.
    Trackhoe71 and CFD11 like this.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Has a test day officially been announced? I call almost daily. I get transfered to recruiting and only get someones voicemail.

Thanks in advance!

Forum Member

I havent heard anything yet.

Forum Member

Since the closing date for applications isn't until 12/16/12, you will not hear anything.

Once that date has arrived, then the city HR Dept. will begin the process of weeding through the applications and then set up a date for the written and CPAT testing and invite those who have the minimum requirements for testing.

There isn't any need to call now as there is nothing more that will be said.

It's unusual for the city to have such a long application period, but I expect they are trying hard to get minorities.

If you have prior service and EMT or PM and fire certifications, that will put you a step or two ahead of those who don't.

Hang in there.
    Gulfstream27 likes this.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Forum Member

Great and thank you! I was just worried since I will be coming in from out of town and will have to fly in.

Thank you

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    The time is growing close for applications to be in. If you like to fight fire and can live on the pay and want a job, then put the papers in and go for it.
    Shoot Capt, I don't know who couldn't live on the pay! I haven't seen a pay chart like Richmond's ever. Here it is off the city website just so everyone knows what it is.

B211 Fire Recruit B 211 4 1 36,500 63,896 NE 9
    B213 Fire Fighter I B 213 4 2 38,000 66,521 NE 9
    B214 Fire Fighter II B 214 4 3 40,000 70,022 NE 9
    B215 Fire Fighter III B 215 4 4 42,000 73,521 NE 9
    B216 Fire Fighter IV B 216 4 5 44,000 77,027 NE 9
    B217 Master Fire Fighter B 217 4 6 46,000 80,824 NE 9
    B222 Fire Lieutenant B 222 4 8 57,500 94,000 NE 9
    B232 Fire Captain B 232 4 10 65,000 101,596 NE 9
    B236 Fire Battalion Chief B 236 4 12 72,000 112,535 E 2
    B240 Staff Battalion Chief B 240 4 12 72,000 112,535 E 2
    B244 Deputy Fire Chief B 244 1 23 81,789 127,345 U Yes E 1

Forum Member

Is there a website that shows runs and fires ran on a yearly basis? Looking for a dept that has a high fire volume and is very aggressive. Money is almost secondary to the happiness of getting those two things.

Let's talk fire trucks!

Quote Originally Posted by CFD11 View Post
    Shoot Capt, I don't know who couldn't live on the pay! I haven't seen a pay chart like Richmond's ever.
    I know some guys with a few years on in the City that have applied to my department, and they'd make a couple thousand more as recruits than they are currently.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

Where is this?

Let's talk fire trucks!

Quote Originally Posted by CFD11 View Post
    Where is this?
    Check your PM's.
    Career Fire Captain
    Volunteer Chief Officer

Never taking for granted that I'm privileged enough to have the greatest job in the world!

Forum Member

Does anyone know how to "submit" the app? I might just be missing something simple here... It will allow me to "modify" (edit or delete) app from the main menu of the governmentjobs.com website... do i just leave it there until application acceptance is close? Is there anything else i need to do to submit it?

Thanks

Forum Member

You need to go to the job posting and click on "Apply" (not trying to be funny or condescending). After you do that you will select the application you created to submit. After you do that you will be asked a series of question (2 pages), and after that is completed is when you actually submit your application "packet" to the city(you should receive a confirmation email). Im assuming you just created a generic application for governmentjobs.com and did not actually submit it along with the city-asked questions city.

Forum Member

How did I not see that? Lol thanks for pointing that out..

Quote Originally Posted by proofyeq View Post
    You need to go to the job posting and click on "Apply" (not trying to be funny or condescending). After you do that you will select the application you created to submit. After you do that you will be asked a series of question (2 pages), and after that is completed is when you actually submit your application "packet" to the city(you should receive a confirmation email). Im assuming you just created a generic application for governmentjobs.com and did not actually submit it along with the city-asked questions city.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by marbuckle View Post
    my govjobs shows a test time, doesn't look like you can click it to change it.
    Does anyone know if this is the correct date and time for testing? Mine says 1/05/13.... hopefully we'll get something from the city soon.. that's not far away and I have to plan my trip down there!

Forum Member

I also have 01-05-2013. This is my first time in Richmonds process, so I'm not one hundred percent sure how they do it. I would imagine they will send emails verifying date, time, and place.

Forum Member

Mine says 1/5/13 also, was hoping for a little more time! I will be coming from Texas so I hope I can afford the 2 or 3 trips up.
    Does anyone involved with the department know if they have any preference for guys with degrees and Volunteer experience as a FF/ EMT? I am hoping to make an informed decision whether to buy a ticket today.

Thanks for all the help!

Forum Member

Greetings everyone,

JANUARY 5th, 2013 at 8AM!!!

While I'm very excited that I finally got a test date (I applied at the very beginning of the process), I'm kind of disappointed in reports of low quality of life/morale in the department. Any Richmond FFs want to chime in on this? I'm fully committed to becoming a career fire fighter, but I also would like to be able to support my family.

PMs would be appreciated if you don't feel comfortable posting publicly.

Thanks,

VJ

Forum Member

just a heads up to everybody there is a practice test on their website. You can get their by using the link in the email
    Last edited by Pugsley67; 12-19-2012 at 12:05 AM.

Forum Member

Haha great Q's!

Forum Member

Any word on how long the list will be good for and how many they are looking to hire?

Also, it seems a few have hinted at low morale or "pursue other options." Is there anyone with the department that would be willing to elaborate here or in a PM?
    Last edited by bhovig; 12-18-2012 at 05:28 PM.
    aturcotte0310 likes this.

IFR
    MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Pugsley67 View Post
    So i have the same test date but anyone know where the test is?
    On the email you received today, there is a link near the bottom. If you click on that link it will take you to a page that gives the location, time, and some other helpful information. Good luck to all!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IFR View Post
    On the email you received today, there is a link near the bottom. If you click on that link it will take you to a page that gives the location, time, and some other helpful information. Good luck to all!
    See you all on the 5th!

Forum Member

Hey all, was wondering if anyone has heard how many people the department is seeking to hire. If anyone knows, please share! Good luck everyone
    aturcotte0310 likes this.

IFR
    MembersZone Subscriber

I was hoping someone who has taken this test before might provide a little more insight on the WSI portion of the test. I understand this will be a personailty based section, so will it have strongly agree, agree, neuteral, etc. type answears? Can you compare it to another test?

I understand these tests companies often make you sign a confidentiualy agreement. To be clear, I no way am asking anyone to give out proprietary information.

Thanks!

Forum Member

The practice test from the website has a couple of example questions on it, dunno if you have looked at it but i think it might answer your question.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 First 12345 ... Last

Thread Information