Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 129
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Probably a probie question...

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Let's see just how long have you been a firefighter or you one, yet?
    Yes I am.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    You just don't walk in or drive into Boston and join anything.
    It was an example. Could have said Smallville, Any town, USA. It don't matter, the point was still there. But you got too hung up on details and so you missed the point. Another bad habit of old timers.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    You have very little knowledge of this profession.
    You say that based on what? My new membership to this community? My low post count? How do you know what knowledge I have?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Yes we Old timers as you say don't have to conform to any new guy. They have to conform to the members who are and were there before they took the first step of being a fireman.
    Sorry, that my be your mindset but it is not reality. You may hate them for that, but the new guys set the path to the future of the department. New young blood. Fresh new ideas. Ability to work with modern equipment and understand new "languages" like short hand. You can buck the changes, but they are still going to happen.


    Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Yes we will be gone one day and so will they. Right now they are the new man like we were years back and yes; we had to conform to the standards, rules, regulations of the day and still having to do so today.
    But those standards, rules, and regulations are changing to conform to them. Not the other way around.

    I do not know how long you have been a firefighter. It really does not matter. But based on your attitude, I would say it has been close to 20 years maybe? When you first started, how many computers were in your department trucks? None? Maybe one or two? How many people bucked at the idea of this new fangled contraption being used? How many "We don't need that, we know how to get to a call."

    This is just another example of change. A change to conform to new members, to assist them, the older members just got lucky to benefit from it as well. It is the new, younger firefighters that are setting the new standards.


    I understand how hard it can be to conform to new changes. There have been a few changes in our department I didn't like. But I got used to them and saw the benefit they provided.

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    If you got hired and pass all the hoops and hurdles and were assigned to a fire house, you would be just another new guy, who has to learn and do what was told.
    That may be the case. But it would be easier for me to pass all the newer hoops and hurdles, and it will be easier for me to transition into the new standards.


    Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    I would love to have you in my Company.
    I would be honored. I would have no problem following orders and doing my job, never had bucked orders. But I am one to offer new ideas if they can help. If the ideas are shot down, no big deal. Some are. Some are accepted and tried out. Many become new standard.




    I am sorry, I did not mean to disrupt the flow here. Take care and be safe all.


  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurninLuv View Post
    (stuff was said here)
    Turn on private messaging in your settings.

  3. #43
    Forum Member FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    9,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nigma View Post
    Times change. New standards come into effect.

    This jibberish isn't a standard, it is just another example of laziness in the electronic age. I have no problem with phonespeak on a call phone, or in a chat room. But it has no business in professional conversation or reports.


    Your opinion that my opinion is wrong makes you wrong. You are stuck in the old ways. You have trouble adapting to the new times. Sorry but we don't use bucket brigade any more. It's obsolete, Same with language. Have to get used to it, or fade out like the dinosaurs.

    I have no trouble at all adapting to the new times. I probably had a computer before you were born, I have had a cell phone for over 20 years...You didn't think I was answering your nonsense on a manual typewriter did you? I adapt to technology very easily, I do not adapt to societal dumbing down to make it easier for people too lazy to learn how to spell or write a grammatically correct sentence

    That is obvious

    Well at least SOMETHING is obvious to you.

    Yet.

    So you talk about reports and how your jibberish is appropriate and you have never written a report or had one called into court or to be used for depositions. Are you even a firefighter? Or are you just another teenager talking smart hiding out in your mommy's basement.

    Ridiculous huh? Has happened. I was there. But you wouldn't care.

    Absolute NONSENSE and if you actually were a firefighter you would know that. In order to become a Boston Firefighter you have to go through the hiring process, usually to include an application, written test, agility test, interview, psychological testing, and a physical exam. I don't care if the guy from Alabama was the greatest firefighter that ever lived, he is NOT going to walk off the street, meet the chief and get hired without completing the process. That is very similar to the testing process in almost every medium to large size career fire department. Thanks for proving you know nothing of the career fire service.

    You can say what you want, but you have no idea do you. This is not your old school ways. By ignoring these little changes you are isolating yourself little by little, and will soon be put out to graze.
    This teacher has been teacher of the year 4 years running, The school teaches short hand in the class. They understand that soon this will be a needed skill to know how to read and write it.

    Look sonny, just because I believe that I should have higher standards for my communication skills at work doesn't mean I can't hang with the youngsters on my off time while texting. One has nothing to do with the other.

    Frankly, if that teacher is teacher of the year I question not only the quality of the other teachers but of the entire school. Just because it is fashionable to use that text speak doesn't make it right.


    You seem to have anger issues. I have noticed that in a lot of threads you post in. You seem to hate new young firefighters.

    Sorry no, I am an instructor at the local tech college, and training officer for the 2 POC FDs I am a member of on my off days, and despite your made up BS to the contrary I am a very popular instructor. I am very supportive of young firefighters.

    What I do dislike in some of today's young firefighters is a misplaced sense of arrogance, a belief that they will be the saviors of the fire service, and that anything the firefighters that came before them did is obsolete. Generall I have found that guys like that are all mouth and no action...



    "phonespeak" as you call it it part of the lesson plan.

    If I were a parent of a student in that district I would be in the office demanding that this waste of time, that could be better spent educating my student, be stopped immediately.

    I disagree. Short hand is becoming as common as normal text. It is helpful to be able to read and write it.

    This statement shows how complete ignorant and out of touch with reality you are. This is NOT shorthand. Shorthand is a, or rather was a, standardized form of business communication used by secretaries when their bosses dictated letters or other documents. It has NOTHING in common with the phone speak/texting jibberish you support. Please try harder to use facts and not just made up nonsense to support your point of view.

    Please tell me where this teacher and this class are located. I would love to contact the school and speak to this teacher. If in fact he has been teacher of the for year 4 years you should be proud to tell me who he is and what school he teaches for. Frankly, I think you are lying right square out of your *****.



    I am not going to get into a ****ing match. You and Mr. angry have your opinions, They are outdated, but you are entitled to them. I just wish you could understand why learning short hand is so important.

    No, I am calling you out. I think you are a lying troll that isn't even a firefighter. Come clean sonny boy. Stop dunking the Oreos and get back to your texting.

    Look do some research, find out what REAL shorthand is because your cappy text seak is absolutely 100% NOT shorthand. Nice try though, but no points will be awarded.



    Hakuna Matata
    Go away you liar...we don't need your kind on this site.
    “The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live.” Leo F. Buscaglia

    This place gets weirder and weirder every day...

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Go away you liar...we don't need your kind on this site.
    Shame that people have to have so much hatred in their harts. I guess just because you have not seen or heard something, then it must be a lie.

    Since you are so interested in my being a firefighter or not. Yes I am a firefighter. No I am not career, not many people are since only about 30% of the nation is protected by career firefighters. I have been a firefighter for quite some time. Not as long as some, but longer then others. I am positive you and Captain OldTimer have been at it a lot longer then me and I am sure you both have seen more fires then the devil himself. But that does not mean you are qualified to pass judgment one someone else. Especially someone you do not know. I have read a lot of topics here and I have noticed anyone that is new, you automatically attack. Anyone that has a different idea or opinion then you, you attack. I do not have to prove myself to you. The only person I have to prove myself to is my chief and the other members of my department, and I have. I do not care if you think I am a liar or not. That's your opinion and you are welcome to it. I have thought's about you as well, but I have the respect to not display them here.

    No matter what you feel, it is not going to stop new change from happening. You can laugh and buck all you wish. In a few years, fire departments will not be anything like they are now. And if you are still a member then, you will have to accept the change, or find a new job.

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Sorry no, I am an instructor at the local tech college, and training officer for the 2 POC FDs I am a member of on my off days, and despite your made up BS to the contrary I am a very popular instructor. I am very supportive of young firefighters.
    Just not young firefighters on an online community that try to ask for help and learn.

    You have reflected a lot of anger in this topic. I am sorry you are so upset at other peoples opinions. But I have something to say that might help you out. It's not worth getting angry about. It's not worth calling names and saying someone is lying. It's just the internet. If it bothers you, have the will power to turn it off for a little while. Go take a walk, do some push ups, wash a pumper. Then come back.

    I do not know you or anyone else here. I joined because I like the magazine and figured I could get more knowledge from the community. I never expected it to be a couple of old guys yelling at the kids on their lawn.


    Be well my friend. I hope you can open up some and let others help you learn new things now and then.
    Last edited by Nigma; 10-06-2012 at 01:57 AM.

  5. #45
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    liberty city , TX
    Posts
    24

    Default

    As many of you know i don't say much around here (low post count) but there seems to be a ongoing trend, someone ask's a question and about 3-4 post later the thread goes in a complete 360 from some trying to answer the question to some just trying to bash each other.

    I have and always will respect those that came before me and hope those after me will show the same respect to those that came before them, but as times change and younger members join changes will be made both good and bad but the younger guys will also have to learn the (old school) ways. Remember history is doomed to repete it's self if we don't learn from it. I (and only my opinon) also belive that txt speak is just someone trying to take a short-cut, but also understand that in many peoples mind's it is the new way.

    So maybe we should ALL just take a few minutes and look in the past and present, and come to the same mind set that this is and always was a dam* hard job to do and it takes guts, courage, Honor, and RESPECT to do this job both paid and vol.

    I also belive and again just my opinon that the (old school) guys are right before a probie or new guy should worry about light's or some other small matter like the new station tee-shirt, they should TRAIN, TRAIN and TRAIN somemore and for all those out there in computer land woundering YES i run lights and siren on my pov. Also as far as report writing goes I have been the lowest Probie to (curent rank) of Captain/Training Officer and have had to write reports from daily check sheets to fire reports to training records, and I ALLWAYS use complete grammer and sentences (some times misspelled) but complete non the less.
    Nigma likes this.

  6. #46
    Forum Member FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    9,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nigma View Post
    Shame that people have to have so much hatred in their harts. I guess just because you have not seen or heard something, then it must be a lie.

    No hatred in my HEART (learn to spell sonny). I am just tired of arrogant little turds like you that presume to tell guys like me, and others here, how you and your jibberish are going to save the fire service. We have been through more technology changes and updates in our career than you can possibly imagine.

    But I will call you out and say quite unequivocally that you are outright, bald faced LYING about that teacher and the school administration backing his allowing use of text speak in written assignments. If you aren't it seems you should be proud to tell me who he is and where he teaches. But you won't, because you are LYING.


    Since you are so interested in my being a firefighter or not. Yes I am a firefighter. No I am not career, not many people are since only about 30% of the nation is protected by career firefighters. I have been a firefighter for quite some time. Not as long as some, but longer then others. I am positive you and Captain OldTimer have been at it a lot longer then me and I am sure you both have seen more fires then the devil himself. But that does not mean you are qualified to pass judgment one someone else. Especially someone you do not know. I have read a lot of topics here and I have noticed anyone that is new, you automatically attack. Anyone that has a different idea or opinion then you, you attack. I do not have to prove myself to you. The only person I have to prove myself to is my chief and the other members of my department, and I have. I do not care if you think I am a liar or not. That's your opinion and you are welcome to it. I have thought's about you as well, but I have the respect to not display them here.

    Oh believe me sonny boy, I know you aren't career. That was blatantly obvious in your complete and utter ignorance of how someone becomes a member of a career fre department. Agan, about 30 seconds of online research would have shown you how WRONG you were. Technology is a wonderful if you use it for more than a crutch for your laziness.

    The fact is I have been open to many discussions of new concepts on these forums, in fact over my years here I have asked many questions of people with new and different ideas. Some I have supported and tried to get mymfire departments to adopt. Others I have disagreed with, either because i have tried them in the past and discarded them or because I just felt they had no merit. You have not done as much research on me as you claim to, nice try once again.

    You have been a firefighter for quite some time? Really? How long is that? 6 months? A year? Just reading what you write proves to me that you are not a long time firefighter.


    No matter what you feel, it is not going to stop new change from happening. You can laugh and buck all you wish. In a few years, fire departments will not be anything like they are now. And if you are still a member then, you will have to accept the change, or find a new job.

    See above and you presume things about me with absolutely no facts to back them...Nice try though.


    Just not young firefighters on an online community that try to ask for help and learn.

    I have helped many young firefighters here, some on the open forums, some through private messages, some through e-mail, and some even through phone calls. Nice try again though.

    You have reflected a lot of anger in this topic. I am sorry you are so upset at other peoples opinions. But I have something to say that might help you out. It's not worth getting angry about. It's not worth calling names and saying someone is lying. It's just the internet. If it bothers you, have the will power to turn it off for a little while. Go take a walk, do some push ups, wash a pumper. Then come back.

    Not angry at all, just tired of arrogant little wise *****es like you that don't have as many years alive as some of us here have in the fire service telling us what it is all about.

    I do not know you or anyone else here. I joined because I like the magazine and figured I could get more knowledge from the community. I never expected it to be a couple of old guys yelling at the kids on their lawn.

    My advice is for you to read and ask questions and you might actually learn a thing or 2. Because the personna you are using now is only making you friends with a guy who spends all of his time here whining about some fire department he can't get on and talking about lights for his car.


    Be well my friend. I hope you can open up some and let others help you learn new things now and then.
    I am very well and I have many friends here that I have made over the years.

    Your last sentence here is just further proof of your snotty arrogant attitude. My advice to you? GROW UP, it really is that simple.
    “The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live.” Leo F. Buscaglia

    This place gets weirder and weirder every day...

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    I am very well and I have many friends here that I have made over the years.

    Your last sentence here is just further proof of your snotty arrogant attitude. My advice to you? GROW UP, it really is that simple.

    What a shame. So stuck in your ways you won't even accept when you're wrong. And you tell me to grow up, yet you make remarks like "(learn to spell sonny)" over a type'o. How mature of you.

    You don't seem to be very well. You seem to have lots of issues bottled up inside. This is apparent in your attitude expressed here. The name calling. Thinking you are better then others that you don't even know.

    You say "just tired of arrogant little wise *****es like you that don't have as many years alive as some of us here have in the fire service telling us what it is all about."

    How do you know how old I am? How do you know how long I have been in the service? How do you know anything? That is your problem. You feel that because you have been in the service for a while, anyone new should kiss your ***. That's not the case and will in turn cause them to want to kick your *** instead.

    "My advice is for you to read and ask questions and you might actually learn a thing or 2."
    My advice to you is to stop passing judgement on someone you do not know. To assume things only makes an *** out of you, not me.

    I am a level 2 firefighter. As far as class work goes (which is not all that important), I passed every class with 100%. Now for real world experience, I have been in the service for many years. I have been in and out of some of the worst burns you can imagine. I have pulled fellow team mates from under collapse, and saved many civilians over the years. I am in process for chief 101 training.

    But according to you, just based on my thoughts on how someone types or writes, I should not even be a firefighter. How sad.

    Sorry to kill your wet dream that I am just a lawn jockey.

    I see there is no pleasing you Mr. Powers. So I bid you adieu. I have high hopes that some day you may see yourself the way others do and learn from that.

  8. #48
    Forum Member FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    9,664

    Default

    Listen you have lied from the start. I am still waiting to know the location of this great school that allows phone text speak in written assignments and the name of this wonderful teacher that has won teacher of the year 4 years in a row. Come on, why won't you tell me this information? Oh yeah, because you LIED and when I called you on it you realized that you can't substantiate it so now you will refuse to discuss it further. You see that is the problem with lying, eventually someone will say prove it and when you can't you look like the absolute phony that you are.


    [
    Nigma;What a shame. So stuck in your ways you won't even accept when you're wrong. And you tell me to grow up, yet you make remarks like "(learn to spell sonny)" over a type'o. How mature of you.

    Wrong about what? You LYING? You believing that allowing the dumbing down of a proud career with your childish phone speak jibberish is appropriate? No, I have been right all along about both of those things.

    You don't seem to be very well. You seem to have lots of issues bottled up inside. This is apparent in your attitude expressed here. The name calling. Thinking you are better then others that you don't even know.

    I have issues? You have LIED repeatedly and some of the crap you have posted here just makes me feel sorry for you and the delusional life you lead.

    You say "just tired of arrogant little wise *****es like you that don't have as many years alive as some of us here have in the fire service telling us what it is all about."

    Yes I am, and you fit that bill completely.

    How do you know how old I am? How do you know how long I have been in the service? How do you know anything? That is your problem. You feel that because you have been in the service for a while, anyone new should kiss your ***. That's not the case and will in turn cause them to want to kick your *** instead.

    I don't know how old you are for sure. But if you are older than 16-21 you are pathetically immature. I don't want anyone to kiss my ***, but by the same token I have absolutely no time or respect for people like you that disrespect someone because they are older and have more real world experience than you. I have told you repeatedly that I embrace technological advances in the fire service and I have seen plenty, but this jibberish you embrace is NOT technological or an advance.

    By the way, you may settle disagreements at this horrendously busy fire house you volly at by the use of physical force, its simply not allowed at any of the fire departments I am involved with. Unless you mean something else by saying someone will want to kick my *****. Again a very mature attitude you have there.


    "My advice is for you to read and ask questions and you might actually learn a thing or 2."
    My advice to you is to stop passing judgement on someone you do not know. To assume things only makes an *** out of you, not me.

    My advice is stop spouting absoutely ignorant nonsense about using phone text speak in official reports where an attorney will shred you and make you look so stupid that you will be crying like a new born baby on the stand.

    I am a level 2 firefighter. As far as class work goes (which is not all that important), I passed every class with 100%. Now for real world experience, I have been in the service for many years. I have been in and out of some of the worst burns you can imagine. I have pulled fellow team mates from under collapse, and saved many civilians over the years. I am in process for chief 101 training.

    Sure you have, and sure you are. Golly Dude, where is this fantastic volly FD located that you have dragged fellow firefighters out from under collapses, made several saves of civlians, and fought all these horrendous fires? I would love to come and do a ride along...Unless of course you are LYING again, which I believe you are.

    Why can't you say how many years you have been a firefighter instead of saying several? I have been a career firefighter for 22 years, I have been a paid on call firefighter for 35 years, and I have been a state fire instructor for 32 years. I was a paid on call fire chief for 6 years, assistant chief for 11 years, captain for 4 years, and a driver operator for 32 years. Tell me again about your SEVERAL YEARS of experience...

    By the way, you really don't want to get into a battle of education and certifications with me. Your firefighter 2 really isn't much to brag about since 3 of the younger guys on one of my paid on call fire departments got firefighter 2 certified in less than 2 years on the department.


    But according to you, just based on my thoughts on how someone types or writes, I should not even be a firefighter. How sad.

    No, I just think you are a poser. It is that simple.

    Sorry to kill your wet dream that I am just a lawn jockey.

    You aren't much more than that when you have to lie about some imaginary school and some imaginary teacher that you refuse to prove exists.

    I see there is no pleasing you Mr. Powers. So I bid you adieu. I have high hopes that some day you may see yourself the way others do and learn from that.
    Frankly poser, I couldn't begin to care less what a liar like you thinks of me. So go back to the Xbox and the Chips Ahoy cookies in your mom's basement.

    I actually like the way people whose opinions I value look at me. And sonny you aren't one of those.
    “The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live.” Leo F. Buscaglia

    This place gets weirder and weirder every day...

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Listen you have lied from the start. I am still waiting to know the location of this great school that allows phone text speak in written assignments and the name of this wonderful teacher that has won teacher of the year 4 years in a row. Come on, why won't you tell me this information? Oh yeah, because you LIED and when I called you on it you realized that you can't substantiate it so now you will refuse to discuss it further. You see that is the problem with lying, eventually someone will say prove it and when you can't you look like the absolute phony that you are.
    Once again, just because it is not something you have experienced you disregard it as a lie.
    If you would like to know the location of the schools around the country that are teaching these classes, visit www.google.com and search for them. Every time someone here has said something you have never seen, you have called them a liar. That makes you ignorant.



    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Frankly poser, I couldn't begin to care less what a liar like you thinks of me. So go back to the Xbox and the Chips Ahoy cookies in your mom's basement.
    ROFLMAO Poser. That's the funniest thing I have heard. You ask how many years I have been in service. I choose not to reveal this to you because frankly it is none of your business. I could tell you 5 or 50 and it would not change how you view me. I have given you my credentials and you choose to dismiss them. So what difference would it make if I told you how long I have been active?

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Sure you have, and sure you are. Golly Dude, where is this fantastic volly FD located that you have dragged fellow firefighters out from under collapses, made several saves of civlians, and fought all these horrendous fires? I would love to come and do a ride along...Unless of course you are LYING again, which I believe you are.
    It's located in the United States of America. What do you care? It's not your department so it must be inferior right?



    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    By the way, you really don't want to get into a battle of education and certifications with me. Your firefighter 2 really isn't much to brag about since 3 of the younger guys on one of my paid on call fire departments got firefighter 2 certified in less than 2 years on the department.
    Good for them. You must be proud of them. That makes 4 of us. In addition to my EVD classes and EMT certification. But I am unsure what the speed of finishing a class has to do with anything? How were their grades? (since you want to brag on them).

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    No, I just think you are a poser. It is that simple.
    And I think you are a jerk with his head up his butt. It's that simple.


    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    You aren't much more than that when you have to lie about some imaginary school and some imaginary teacher that you refuse to prove exists.
    This from a guy that has belittled every new member of this site for asking a question. Be it about lights, or joining a department, or what classes to take. That shows your placement in life, and it's not very high on the respect meter.

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    I actually like the way people whose opinions I value look at me. And sonny you aren't one of those.
    That proves your mentality. You are too ignorant to see things past your nose. You are some hot shot that joined the fire department to be a hero. You run around waving your title to everyone to get respect. Try actually earning respect. It goes a long way. I would bet very few people actually respect you. Sure they might say they do to your face. But what do they say behind your back?


    Oh well. You will continue to ramble on and on about how you are the be all of be all's in the firefighting service, and how all new members should get on their knees and kiss your butt because you have been in the service since before they were born (which only tells me that you are too old to be in the service and need to leave). It is good that you think so highly of yourself, because no one else will.






    Now, on to something else. Has anyone thought to notice that FireFighterERP started this topic and has not made another post anywhere on the site since? Kinda odd. Maybe s/he just wanted to ruffle some feathers? Maybe they have forgot about the site. Who knows, but it is something to consider.

    As for BurninLuv. You guys have been hard on him on every post he has made. It's a wonder he still wants to be a firefighter after being here. You pick on him but ignore his passion. I would be honored to have him on my department. With the proper training and guidance, he can prove to be a valuable asset to the service.

    It is true that some new young firefighters are a waste of life. But that is a very few number. Need to change the mentality that "you seen one, you seen all". Each person is different. When you can learn that, you will become a better person.

  10. #50
    Forum Member FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,304

    Default

    Fyred, he sure did tell you!!!! Bwahahahaahahahaha!!!!!

    Fcking kid wouldnt last 10 minutes at our kitchen table.........
    Chenzo likes this.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  11. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Fyred, he sure did tell you!!!! Bwahahahaahahahaha!!!!!

    Fcking kid wouldnt last 10 minutes at our kitchen table.........
    Ah. So you have joined the ranks of the ignorant, and judge those you do not know and assume things you know nothing about. Like your assumption that I am a kid. Maybe compared to some of you 60 year old firefighters (which you need to just retire. You're too old to do this job anymore).

    And with the way you people treat new members here on this site. I wouldn't step foot in your departments, or eat at your table. I try to separate myself from low life *** holes that have to make themselves feel better, smarter, stronger, by belittling others. Make a very little man out of you.

  12. #52
    Forum Member FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,304

    Default

    From what I have read in this thread, I know all that I need (or want) to about you. Your words speak volumes.

    Please dont hit me with your purse.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  13. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    From what I have read in this thread, I know all that I need (or want) to about you. Your words speak volumes.
    Way to be judgmental...(and mostly just mental). That's ok. From what I have read on this site I know all I need to know about you and Fyred_from_his_last_job_for_be ing_a_dick.

    I wish I could be there when you and Mr. fire god read in the news paper, or hear on the news about local schools teaching short hand. I want to by in the office when you get a report from the state office and it has short hand in it. I would love to be there to tell you how damn ignorant you were for dismissing this. Oh well. Old farts will never adjust to the new world. Still carrying around that abacus because you are afraid to conform to a calculator?

    I really feel sorry for the people in your departments for having to put up with you. Father Fire says "By the way, you may settle disagreements at this horrendously busy fire house you volly at by the use of physical force, its simply not allowed at any of the fire departments I am involved with. Unless you mean something else by saying someone will want to kick my *****. Again a very mature attitude you have there."

    He has a knack for making things into how he wants them to sound. I never said people did kick his ***, or even would. But I bet a lot of them think about it and would like to catch him off duty. Oh and as for how we settle thing sin our department. We discuss it when someone has their helmet too far up their ***. That person is told to straighten up, or they are removed from the department. Mr. Thor and yourself would not last 1 week on our department. The members would tell you to pack your **** and get the hell out. It don't matter how many years you have served. We are all equal in the department. No one, not even the chief, walks around like they own the place, (which he does by the way). That's the difference in being a firefighter with heart, and being a firefighter with an attitude. Drops yours, you are not helping the image.

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Please dont hit me with your purse.
    I can't. You borrowed it.
    Last edited by Nigma; 10-07-2012 at 09:29 AM.

  14. #54
    Forum Member FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nigma View Post
    I can't. You borrowed it.
    Wow.....did you think up that reply all on your own? It must have taken you 10 minutes!!!!

    In my department, there is a unified chain of command that is followed. Children like you know their place and are seen and not heard. If they don't know their place, they are quickly taught it. They are allowed in the kitchen and the living areas but not the TV/Rec Room until they complete their probation period- because they know their place and are either studying their probation manuals, SOP's, training resources, maps of the local, or they are on watch or out in the bays cleaning, polishing, painting, wiping down, sanding, dusting, replenishing, or otherwise caring for/maintaining the rigs and equipment so that they get to know it. In other words they are too busy to open their mouths (and insert their feet as you are so eloquently doing.....) By the time they clear their probation, they are too humbled to want to speak out against those who have come before them, and have the respect to not want to. Maybe when they clear their probation and us senior citizens are in a good mood, we will invite the children to watch "A Christmas Story" or whatever football game happens to be on Christmas Day with us in the TV/Rec Room- as long as the rig is clean, the equipment is squared away, the floors are mopped and the trash cans are emptied.

    Now, in the process of doing the chores as described above, if they find something wrong, for arguments sake let's say with an SCBA; they fill out a report in written english, not some gobbledy-gook text speak, because these are legal forms which can be subpoenaed into a court of law, something that you cannot comprehend. Shorthand may be useful to a secretary to quickly take notes during a meeting or while being dictated a letter by a superior; but on an equipment maintenance and readyness form it has no place, and no court of law would accept it. Same goes for fire reports generated by company, batallion, division or higher level personnel. Same goes for reports generated by Fire Marshals and or fire inspectors- trust me, I know this, I have had my reports and photographs subpoenaed. I have been deposed, and testified in court. I have the requisite training in search/seizure and warrant procedures- I have written multiple Administrative Search Warrants and have had them reviewed by Judges. Again no judge, prosecuting or defense attorneys or other court personnel in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (or anywhere else for that matter) would accept shorthand other than that for official court reporting purposes and even then by a *trained, certified and credentialed* court reporter.

    If you want to use your silly speak in whatever Disneyland Fairytale of a Department you are a member of, by all means you go right ahead and do that. I would not, however want to be your Chief sitting at a deposition or worse: on the witness stand being interrogated by a prosecuting attorney- all because some child was too fcking lazy to write a proper report that all individuals could read and understand.

    -Oh, and because proper grammar, spelling and sentence structure are all the adult thing to do....but thats besides the point.-

    Now, please. For the love of christ......Go wash and wax the rig. When that is done, do the ambulance, and then the Chief's buggy. When they are all done, do it again. Just because. In our house, if you yapped off like one of those little pain in the *** lapdogs, thats exactly what you would be doing.

    Dumbass.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  15. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    In my department, there is a unified chain of command that is followed. Children like you
    There you go again, making an *** out of yourself by assuming things. I would hardly call 39 years old a child. But like I said. I guess compared to you old geezers, it might be.

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    know their place and are seen and not heard.
    Maybe that's because your hearing aids need new batteries.


    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    If they don't know their place, they are quickly taught it. They are allowed in the kitchen and the living areas but not the TV/Rec Room until they complete their probation period- because they know their place and are either studying their probation manuals, SOP's, training resources, maps of the local, or they are on watch or out in the bays cleaning, polishing, painting, wiping down, sanding, dusting, replenishing, or otherwise caring for/maintaining the rigs and equipment so that they get to know it. In other words they are too busy to open their mouths (and insert their feet as you are so eloquently doing.....)
    Wow. Power hungry are we? Awe I get it. you were abused by your parents and treated this way, so you think that is how you should treat all people.

    We have a humane way to treat people. When it is study time. you are in class. When it is work time, you are working. We do not treat you like you are gum on our shoes. You are a human. Our department gets all the work done, all our members have passed all classes with a 90 grade or higher, they all enjoy being on the department and no one hates anyone else for treating them like scum. Try running your department like a home instead of a boot camp. There is no place in a fire department for people like you.


    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    By the time they clear their probation, they are too humbled to want to speak out against those who have come before them, and have the respect to not want to.
    Translation: By the time they clear their probation you have stripped them of their humanity and they are whipped and brain washed into thinking they are low life's that you own and control. You have to earn respect, not use fear to make someone respect you.


    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Maybe when they clear their probation and us senior citizens are in a good mood, we will invite the children to watch "A Christmas Story" or whatever football game happens to be on Christmas Day with us in the TV/Rec Room- as long as the rig is clean, the equipment is squared away, the floors are mopped and the trash cans are emptied.
    You have a serious problem. Maybe when they clear their probation they will decide to not put dog crap in your boots or sugar in your gas tank.



    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Now, in the process of doing the chores as described above, if they find something wrong, for arguments sake let's say with an SCBA; they fill out a report in written english, not some gobbledy-gook text speak, because these are legal forms which can be subpoenaed into a court of law, something that you cannot comprehend.
    HA HA HA Have you ever read an official court report? It has more short hand "gobbledy-gook" then most medical forms. Something you cannot understand.


    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Shorthand may be useful to a secretary to quickly take notes during a meeting or while being dictated a letter by a superior; but on an equipment maintenance and readyness form it has no place, and no court of law would accept it.
    But what you and Captain America of firefighting are not wrapping your thick skulls around is this. You both griped at BurninLuv for his typing, but have either of you seen any official reports he has done? This is the computer, online community. There is no need to be official here. Maybe he views this site on his phone and so shorthand works better. You both are too quick to jump on someone without knowing any details. You are not as great as you think you are.

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    If you want to use your silly speak in whatever Disneyland Fairytale of a Department you are a member of, by all means you go right ahead and do that. I would not, however want to be your Chief sitting at a deposition or worse: on the witness stand being interrogated by a prosecuting attorney- all because some child was too fcking lazy to write a proper report that all individuals could read and understand.
    No one said we use text speak in our department. There you go again adding stuff that was never said.

    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    -Oh, and because proper grammar, spelling and sentence structure are all the adult thing to do....but thats besides the point.-
    Well, I guess that's why no adults in the world ever type, text, e-mail with shorthand or text speak huh?


    Quote Originally Posted by FWDbuff View Post
    Now, please. For the love of christ......Go wash and wax the rig. When that is done, do the ambulance, and then the Chief's buggy. When they are all done, do it again. Just because. In our house, if you yapped off like one of those little pain in the *** lapdogs, thats exactly what you would be doing.

    Dumbass.
    Sorry, see department cleaning and maintenance is done by everyone, even the chief. As I said. we are all equal. But as you have just proven, you would not understand that. You are too high on your throne to get down with the people that actually make your department function. If it wasn't for those guys you treat like crap, your department wouldn't roll on a single call.

    Now, please. For the love of Christ..... Go thank them and tell them they are doing a good job and you appreciate their hard work. Let them know they are human and not a damn dog you kick around.

    *** hole.

  16. #56
    Forum Member DeputyMarshal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nigma View Post
    Times change. New standards come into effect.
    And one standard that has never changed is that writing poorly makes one appear ignorant, lazy, or both.
    FWDbuff and Chenzo like this.
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"

    The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

  17. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
    And one standard that has never changed is that writing poorly makes one appear ignorant, lazy, or both.
    There is a difference in "writing poorly" and writing short hand to be efficient. Poor writing would be misusing "know" and "no". Not writing "I knw what you mean"

  18. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    51

    Default

    I guess I just have compassion for human tolerance, and understanding that some things are not that big of an issue to worry about, like how someone types. Their personality tells me more about them.

    Using that I can say there are a few people here I would not offer the time of day to, let alone want to work with.

    There are others here that despite their typing skill, I would trust going into a full on blaze.

  19. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    51

    Default

    double post
    Last edited by Nigma; 10-07-2012 at 11:29 AM.

  20. #60
    Forum Member FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    9,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nigma View Post
    Once again, just because it is not something you have experienced you disregard it as a lie.
    If you would like to know the location of the schools around the country that are teaching these classes, visit www.google.com and search for them. Every time someone here has said something you have never seen, you have called them a liar. That makes you ignorant.

    You mentioned a specific school that YOU visited and a specific teacher that YOU saw doing your BS. So where is it and who is he? I want to contact him and ask him about this. So either you LIED and now are attempting to use Google to cover your LIE or you will tell me the teacher's name and the school. I know you won't, and in fact can't, because you LIED. It is really that simple and no matter how many times you post snotty, arrogant comebacks either you fess up and admit you LIED or tell me the name and the school. If it is public knowledge that he won teacher of the year what is the big secret. Well, of course unless you LIED.


    ROFLMAO Poser. That's the funniest thing I have heard. You ask how many years I have been in service. I choose not to reveal this to you because frankly it is none of your business. I could tell you 5 or 50 and it would not change how you view me. I have given you my credentials and you choose to dismiss them. So what difference would it make if I told you how long I have been active?

    You can't tell me 5 or 50 because it would just be another LIE. I do dismiss them because a firefighter with 2 years or less SHOULD be a certified firefighter 2. So either you are a very new firefighter or so damn slow it took you SEVERAL years to get your firefighter 2 certification. The truth is there are enough people here that know me that can back up everything I say about my fire service career and credentials, you choose not to which makes it seem like you are LYING once again.


    It's located in the United States of America. What do you care? It's not your department so it must be inferior right?

    Gosh, show me where I said that. Oh that's right, you are LYING once again.

    Good for them. You must be proud of them. That makes 4 of us. In addition to my EVD classes and EMT certification. But I am unsure what the speed of finishing a class has to do with anything? How were their grades? (since you want to brag on them).,

    They are all certified by the State of Wisconsin and frankly I never asked their grades. Honestly, because of privacy issues here in Wisconsin they don't have to tell anyone, including the chief, what their grades were. All they are required to do is show the Certification or say they failed. But knowing each of these guys personally I know they all did very well.

    So in your several years of fire service experience you have firefighter 2, EVD and EMT? Wow! Dude, you have gone all out haven't you. Like I told you earlier you do not want to get onto a certification and fire service education battle with me, or my kid with 3 years in the fire service for that matter.


    And I think you are a jerk with his head up his butt. It's that simple.

    I am sure. I suppose with your bluster and arrogance it is unusual for anyone to stand up and call you both a poser and a LIAR. But I call them like I see them and until you choose to tell the truth you will have zero credibility on this forum.

    This from a guy that has belittled every new member of this site for asking a question. Be it about lights, or joining a department, or what classes to take. That shows your placement in life, and it's not very high on the respect meter.

    You are pathological in your LYING. Good luck in life once people know you are a LIAR they will never trust you.

    That proves your mentality. You are too ignorant to see things past your nose. You are some hot shot that joined the fire department to be a hero. You run around waving your title to everyone to get respect. Try actually earning respect. It goes a long way. I would bet very few people actually respect you. Sure they might say they do to your face. But what do they say behind your back?

    Let me ask you something...Who has come to your defense here? Oh yeah, that would be no one.

    Oh well. You will continue to ramble on and on about how you are the be all of be all's in the firefighting service, and how all new members should get on their knees and kiss your butt because you have been in the service since before they were born (which only tells me that you are too old to be in the service and need to leave). It is good that you think so highly of yourself, because no one else will.

    Never said that and I don't expect that. But to be brutally honest i have no time and no chance of respect for snot nosed little punks like you. You haven't offered one constructive thing since you joined this site. if you have researched my posts, and it is obvious you haven't, you would see that I get asked questions all the time AND I ask people on here questions all the time. But golly that would actually take some work on your part to check that out. It is just easier for you to LIE, FABRICATE, and DODGE straight forward questions asking you to prove some of the fairy tales you have told.

    Now, on to something else. Has anyone thought to notice that FireFighterERP started this topic and has not made another post anywhere on the site since? Kinda odd. Maybe s/he just wanted to ruffle some feathers? Maybe they have forgot about the site. Who knows, but it is something to consider.

    Has anyone noticed that the majority of your posts are absolute BS and offer nothing of value to this site?

    As for BurninLuv. You guys have been hard on him on every post he has made. It's a wonder he still wants to be a firefighter after being here. You pick on him but ignore his passion. I would be honored to have him on my department. With the proper training and guidance, he can prove to be a valuable asset to the service.

    PASSION? He has come on here and whined about this fire department he supposedly wanted to join. Then he bad mouthed them, not once but multiple times. Then his major concern seems to be getting lights for his car, not training, not fitting in, but lights for his car. Yeah, he's got the passion alright.

    It is true that some new young firefighters are a waste of life. But that is a very few number. Need to change the mentality that "you seen one, you seen all". Each person is different. When you can learn that, you will become a better person.

    Sonny, once you learn that your snotty, arrogant attitude will get you nowhere then maybe you will be worth the air you breath and steal from worthwhile human beings. I have worked with and taught people of many different races, ethnicities, religious beliefs, both sexes, and both young and old and i adapt very well to people who want to learn and share ideas. I also have no trouble walking away from people like you that want to try and show superiority by LYING and making up nonsense to make themselves look better. You don't teach for 32 years in the tech college system and get requested over and over if you aren't liked and respected. Maybe you will grow up someday and realize that.
    Now get back to your Xbox and cookies...
    Last edited by FyredUp; 10-07-2012 at 12:20 PM.
    “The person who risks nothing, does nothing, has nothing, is nothing, and becomes nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn and feel and change and grow and love and live.” Leo F. Buscaglia

    This place gets weirder and weirder every day...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Probie Blog question
    By ffmedicintheCLE in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-09-2011, 01:43 PM
  2. Probie question...
    By gb1k in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 01-14-2011, 08:24 PM
  3. probie question!
    By famous337 in forum Probie House: The Place for Newbies
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-24-2009, 10:41 AM
  4. National Guard deployment/probie question
    By irishaviator86 in forum Probie House: The Place for Newbies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-09-2009, 07:39 PM
  5. Probie Question:
    By RFDExplorer in forum Probie House: The Place for Newbies
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-19-2006, 11:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts