Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 129
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Probably a probie question...

  1. #61
    Forum Member DeputyMarshal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nigma View Post
    There is a difference in "writing poorly" and writing short hand to be efficient. Poor writing would be misusing "know" and "no". Not writing "I knw what you mean"
    Don't be ingenuous. Poor spelling and poor grammar mixed liberally with "text speak" isn't shorthand. And even if it was, shorthand is typically used for taking notes that will later be transcribed into fully phrased English; not for direct written communication in a public forum.

    It's entirely possible that more "txtspk" words will eventually enter the language as accepted forms of conversation. That day has not yet come. Until it does, using them inappropriately -- that would be anywhere outside of sending SMS texts among friends -- will remain a stigma among most educated adults.

    You can argue all you want about change for change's sake but that ignores reality. As such, it's poor advice not to encourage prospective members of the fire service to learn to write using whole words (spelled correctly) and at least passable grammar when appropriate.
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"

    The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.


  2. #62
    Forum Member FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    9,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nigma View Post
    Way to be judgmental...(and mostly just mental). That's ok. From what I have read on this site I know all I need to know about you and Fyred_from_his_last_job_for_be ing_a_dick.

    Sorry poser, never been fired from a career firefighting job. You know, something YOU will never have.

    I wish I could be there when you and Mr. fire god read in the news paper, or hear on the news about local schools teaching short hand. I want to by in the office when you get a report from the state office and it has short hand in it. I would love to be there to tell you how damn ignorant you were for dismissing this. Oh well. Old farts will never adjust to the new world. Still carrying around that abacus because you are afraid to conform to a calculator?

    God your ignorance has no bounds does it? The phone text speak jibberish you support is not now, nor has it EVER been, shorthand. Shorthand is an actual way of writing in a method using symbols and such for secretaries when they took dictation. It was taught in secretarial classes and is STANDARDIZED.

    You still refuse to identify this amazing teacher and school you LIED about earlier.


    I really feel sorry for the people in your departments for having to put up with you. Father Fire says "By the way, you may settle disagreements at this horrendously busy fire house you volly at by the use of physical force, its simply not allowed at any of the fire departments I am involved with. Unless you mean something else by saying someone will want to kick my *****. Again a very mature attitude you have there."

    You are the one that brought up kicking my ***, or are you going to try and LIE your way out of that too?

    He has a knack for making things into how he wants them to sound. I never said people did kick his ***, or even would. But I bet a lot of them think about it and would like to catch him off duty. Oh and as for how we settle thing sin our department. We discuss it when someone has their helmet too far up their ***. That person is told to straighten up, or they are removed from the department. Mr. Thor and yourself would not last 1 week on our department. The members would tell you to pack your **** and get the hell out. It don't matter how many years you have served. We are all equal in the department. No one, not even the chief, walks around like they own the place, (which he does by the way). That's the difference in being a firefighter with heart, and being a firefighter with an attitude. Drops yours, you are not helping the image.

    Frankly, if you have rescued multiple members of your own department at multiple incidents trapped in collapses I have no interest in being on your department. It sounds like some building construction classes and perhaps tactics might be appropriate training sessions your guys need.

    What image do you portray? Arrogance, snotty, no respect for anyone, and a pathological LIAR.




    I can't. You borrowed it.

    He didn't borrow it, he was carrying it for you because it was too heavy for you to carry.
    So LIAR, where is the school, who is the teacher, and where is this magnificent super busy vlly fire house located?
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Sonny, once you learn that your snotty, arrogant attitude will get you nowhere then maybe you will be worth the air you breath and steal from worthwhile human beings.
    Old timer, once you learn that your ignorant, arrogant, *** hole-ish attitude will get you nowhere then maybe you will be worth having the title of human being. Maybe you will grow up someday and realize that.

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    PASSION? He has come on here and whined about this fire department he supposedly wanted to join. Then he bad mouthed them, not once but multiple times.
    Yes, PASSION. He is very interested to join. From his post he has done what they ask by going to the meetings. It is apparent they run a department like you would, I would bad mouth them too.

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Has anyone noticed that the majority of your posts are absolute BS and offer nothing of value to this site?
    Has anyone noticed that the majority of your post are trash talking others to make yourself feel better and offer nothing of value to life?

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Let me ask you something...Who has come to your defense here? Oh yeah, that would be no one.
    Of course not. They all have the same mentality as you. That "I am better then any one else around here and any new people are scum." You guys have club jackets too?

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    You are pathological in your LYING. Good luck in life once people know you are a LIAR they will never trust you.
    Sorry, but you being a jerk is a fact proven time and time again on this site. No lying about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    I am sure. I suppose with your bluster and arrogance it is unusual for anyone to stand up and call you both a poser and a LIAR. But I call them like I see them and until you choose to tell the truth you will have zero credibility on this forum.
    Oh, gee wilikers Mr clever. How can I raise my head any more. I have lost credibility in the eyes on an old geezer that isn't confident enough with himself to accept the new changes in the world. How will I ever live with myself knowing that I have upset the master of all firefighters. All because HE has never seen something, and so it must be a lie. Yet he is too LAZY himself to research it.

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    They are all certified by the State of Wisconsin and frankly I never asked their grades. Honestly, because of privacy issues here in Wisconsin they don't have to tell anyone, including the chief, what their grades were. All they are required to do is show the Certification or say they failed. But knowing each of these guys personally I know they all did very well.
    I am very happy for them (sad they have to work with you). Here we have the same. you must receive a passing grade of 70 or higher. You are not required to tell the chief your grades, but we are not shy around here. We do not fear our chief. We are a family and so we share things like how we did on a class.

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    So in your several years of fire service experience you have firefighter 2, EVD and EMT? Wow! Dude, you have gone all out haven't you. Like I told you earlier you do not want to get onto a certification and fire service education battle with me, or my kid with 3 years in the fire service for that matter.
    Among other classes and certifications. I mentioned those since they were the classes I took during the time i was taking FF1&2 classes. But I guess you being the master firefighter, you created all these certifications didn't you?

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Gosh, show me where I said that. Oh that's right, you are LYING once again.
    Your attitude on this site said it many times. The way you treat others says that. Just calling them as I see them.

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    You can't tell me 5 or 50 because it would just be another LIE. I do dismiss them because a firefighter with 2 years or less SHOULD be a certified firefighter 2.
    Well, I guess all those volunteer firefighters with full time jobs and can not make it to class all the time, but have been on the department for 3 or 4 years, they are just worthless huh?


    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    So either you are a very new firefighter or so damn slow it took you SEVERAL years to get your firefighter 2 certification.
    And you are basing this off what? Where I told you when I got my certification? Where I told you how long I have been in the service? Where I told you if it took me over 2 years to take all the classes? Oh wait, none of that information has been provided to you since none of it is any of your business. SO please continue to make more assumptions and show your ignorance.


    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    The truth is there are enough people here that know me that can back up everything I say about my fire service career and credentials, you choose not to which makes it seem like you are LYING once again.
    Remember that privacy act thing you mentioned? That's why I choose not to tell you my personal business. Notice how my profile is mostly empty? It's none of your god damn business. It also helps prove your arrogance that you think you know everything and assume you know people.

    You're an *** hole.

    Now get back to sticking your head up your ***.

  4. #64
    Forum Member FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    9,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nigma View Post
    Old timer, once you learn that your ignorant, arrogant, *** hole-ish attitude will get you nowhere then maybe you will be worth having the title of human being. Maybe you will grow up someday and realize that.



    Yes, PASSION. He is very interested to join. From his post he has done what they ask by going to the meetings. It is apparent they run a department like you would, I would bad mouth them too.



    Has anyone noticed that the majority of your post are trash talking others to make yourself feel better and offer nothing of value to life?



    Of course not. They all have the same mentality as you. That "I am better then any one else around here and any new people are scum." You guys have club jackets too?



    Sorry, but you being a jerk is a fact proven time and time again on this site. No lying about it.



    Oh, gee wilikers Mr clever. How can I raise my head any more. I have lost credibility in the eyes on an old geezer that isn't confident enough with himself to accept the new changes in the world. How will I ever live with myself knowing that I have upset the master of all firefighters. All because HE has never seen something, and so it must be a lie. Yet he is too LAZY himself to research it.



    I am very happy for them (sad they have to work with you). Here we have the same. you must receive a passing grade of 70 or higher. You are not required to tell the chief your grades, but we are not shy around here. We do not fear our chief. We are a family and so we share things like how we did on a class.



    Among other classes and certifications. I mentioned those since they were the classes I took during the time i was taking FF1&2 classes. But I guess you being the master firefighter, you created all these certifications didn't you?



    Your attitude on this site said it many times. The way you treat others says that. Just calling them as I see them.



    Well, I guess all those volunteer firefighters with full time jobs and can not make it to class all the time, but have been on the department for 3 or 4 years, they are just worthless huh?




    And you are basing this off what? Where I told you when I got my certification? Where I told you how long I have been in the service? Where I told you if it took me over 2 years to take all the classes? Oh wait, none of that information has been provided to you since none of it is any of your business. SO please continue to make more assumptions and show your ignorance.




    Remember that privacy act thing you mentioned? That's why I choose not to tell you my personal business. Notice how my profile is mostly empty? It's none of your god damn business. It also helps prove your arrogance that you think you know everything and assume you know people.

    You're an *** hole.

    Now get back to sticking your head up your ***.
    Thanks for proving my point POSER. You can't and won't list anything because you have nothing.

    Oh yeah, where is this amazing school and teacher teaching phone text speak? Oh that's right they don't exist because you LIED and made that up...What were you saying about credibility again POSER?

    By the way...I earned most of my fire certifications while a paid on call firefighter working 2 jobs. I guess I just wanted them more than your guys.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

  5. #65
    Forum Member Chenzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Rural WI
    Posts
    1,225

    Default

    Scarecrow? Is that you? Coming back to stir the pot and cause problems?

    Nigma, if I were you, I would just stop posting. You're just making yourself look foolish every time you hit reply.
    "A fire department that writes off civilians faster than an express line of 6 reasons or less is not progressive, it's dangerous, because it's run by fear. Fear does not save lives, it endangers them." -- Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

    "Because if you don't think you're good, nobody else will." -- DC Tom Laun (ret) Syracuse

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Sorry poser, never been fired from a career firefighting job. You know, something YOU will never have.
    And that's the only job you have ever had in your life? Reading comprehension will assist you. Try it some time.

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    God your ignorance has no bounds does it? The phone text speak jibberish you support is not now, nor has it EVER been, shorthand. Shorthand is an actual way of writing in a method using symbols and such for secretaries when they took dictation. It was taught in secretarial classes and is STANDARDIZED.
    And your ignorance is off the chart. Shorthand, text speak, "phone speak" whatever you call it, it is the same. It is being taught in classes and is becoming STANDARDIZED.

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    You are the one that brought up kicking my ***, or are you going to try and LIE your way out of that too?
    Lets go back to this reading comprehension thing. I said "That's not the case and will in turn cause them to want to kick your *** instead." Now if you comprehend this. You will see it says "them" not "me". You will also notice it says "want" not "will". That means "I bet a lot of them think about it and would like to catch you off duty." See how reading comprehension can be fun?

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Frankly, if you have rescued multiple members of your own department at multiple incidents trapped in collapses I have no interest in being on your department.
    Because a department never changes members over the years huh? Everyone knows it all like you, and we all know you have NEVER made a mistake. EVER.


    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    What image do you portray? Arrogance, snotty, no respect for anyone, and a pathological LIAR.
    You keep saying I am arrogant, but you are the cocky *** hole that thinks he is god. I have shown people here respect until they (you) have acted in a way to loose that respect.

    Your image portrayed is arrogance, no respect for anyone, hateful, head up his ***, punk that was picked on as a kid, so now he has to be a jerk to everyone else.

    Ever look around and see how people come and ask and you belittle over and over. It's a common denominator. YOU.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chenzo View Post
    Nigma, if I were you, I would just stop posting. You're just making yourself look foolish every time you hit reply.
    And he makes himself look like an *** hole every time he replies.

  8. #68
    Forum Member FyredUp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee
    Posts
    9,860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nigma View Post
    And that's the only job you have ever had in your life? Reading comprehension will assist you. Try it some time.



    And your ignorance is off the chart. Shorthand, text speak, "phone speak" whatever you call it, it is the same. It is being taught in classes and is becoming STANDARDIZED.



    Lets go back to this reading comprehension thing. I said "That's not the case and will in turn cause them to want to kick your *** instead." Now if you comprehend this. You will see it says "them" not "me". You will also notice it says "want" not "will". That means "I bet a lot of them think about it and would like to catch you off duty." See how reading comprehension can be fun?



    Because a department never changes members over the years huh? Everyone knows it all like you, and we all know you have NEVER made a mistake. EVER.




    You keep saying I am arrogant, but you are the cocky *** hole that thinks he is god. I have shown people here respect until they (you) have acted in a way to loose that respect.

    Your image portrayed is arrogance, no respect for anyone, hateful, head up his ***, punk that was picked on as a kid, so now he has to be a jerk to everyone else.

    Ever look around and see how people come and ask and you belittle over and over. It's a common denominator. YOU.
    One simple question. Where is the school and who is this wonderful teacher teaching phone text speak as a part of the school curriculum? Just answer that simple question and I will be done with you.
    Crazy, but that's how it goes
    Millions of people living as foes
    Maybe it's not too late
    To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

  9. #69
    Forum Member CaptOldTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1999
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,202

    Default

    Hey guys, you know who this nigma is? It is Mr. D who has returned with a new screen name since he was banned awhile back. Look he is friends with. Both this guy and mr. d walk, talk and post just alike!! A lot of calling folks *** HOLES!!!

    Before long nigma will be telling all about his lights, air horn and other bs he put on his car.
    FyredUp and Chenzo like this.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

    Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Thanks for proving my point POSER. You can't and won't list anything because you have nothing.
    Thanks for proving my point that you are an *** hole and have no respect for anyone. Also notice you have this big issue against volunteer fire departments. Get rejected from a few did you? Guess volunteers can have the option not not accept *** holes.

    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    Oh yeah, where is this amazing school and teacher teaching phone text speak? Oh that's right they don't exist because you LIED and made that up...What were you saying about credibility again POSER?
    If you want information, look it up. You are on the GREATEST information machine in human history. Please use it to learn instead of spreading your stupid. Oh and learn a new word, www.thesaurus.com. Try it.


    Quote Originally Posted by FyredUp View Post
    By the way...I earned most of my fire certifications while a paid on call firefighter working 2 jobs. I guess I just wanted them more than your guys.
    Well goody for you. I am glad you were paid to go to class. and had 2 jobs to pay for other things you needed. Not much of a social life? Guess being an *** hole, you wouldn't huh?

  11. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Hey guys, you know who this nigma is? It is Mr. D who has returned with a new screen name since he was banned awhile back. Look he is friends with. Both this guy and mr. d walk, talk and post just alike!! A lot of calling folks *** HOLES!!!

    Before long nigma will be telling all about his lights, air horn and other bs he put on his car.

    More assumptions LOL. Nope not Mr D, but I do agree with him on a few things. Like the fact most of you are *** holes. And I am only "friends" with BurninLuv. So I guess since he is friends with Mr D, that makes me Mr D? You are friends with BULL321, BoxAlarm187, NFD-Firefighter, and 16 other people. Does that make you them? So I guess because someone in here is not an *** hole, and does not think they are gods of firefighting, then they must be Mr D? Hey BurninLuv, Are you also Mr D? What about you FireFighterERP? Anyone else here that does not have their head up their ***, are you also Mr D?
    Last edited by Nigma; 10-07-2012 at 12:38 PM.

  12. #72
    Forum Member Chenzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Rural WI
    Posts
    1,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nigma View Post
    And he makes himself look like an *** hole every time he replies.
    Not really. You just think that because he caught you, and isn't putting up with your BS.
    CaptOldTimer and FyredUp like this.
    "A fire department that writes off civilians faster than an express line of 6 reasons or less is not progressive, it's dangerous, because it's run by fear. Fear does not save lives, it endangers them." -- Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

    "Because if you don't think you're good, nobody else will." -- DC Tom Laun (ret) Syracuse

  13. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chenzo View Post
    Not really. You just think that because he caught you, and isn't putting up with your BS.

    He hasn't caught anything. He just is too ignorant to believe in anything he has never experienced.

  14. #74
    Forum Member DeputyMarshal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Hey guys, you know who this nigma is? It is Mr. D who has returned with a new screen name since he was banned awhile back.
    Doesn't matter whether he's Scarecrow, Mr. D, or a new troll altogether. He's got nothing constructive to contribute. He's bound for the "ignore" list.

    *plonk*
    FyredUp likes this.
    "Nemo Plus Voluptatis Quam Nos Habant"

    The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

  15. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
    Doesn't matter whether he's Scarecrow, Mr. D, or a new troll altogether. He's got nothing constructive to contribute. He's bound for the "ignore" list.

    *plonk*
    Yeah. I guess anyone that has does not walk around treating others like crap must be a troll.

  16. #76
    Forum Member FWDbuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Pee-Ayy!
    Posts
    7,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nigma View Post
    And he makes himself look like an *** hole every time he replies.
    Better to be an ******* with brains and common sense than a fool who doesnt know his ******* from a hole in the ground.
    FyredUp and Chenzo like this.
    "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

  17. #77
    Forum Member Chenzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Rural WI
    Posts
    1,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nigma View Post
    He hasn't caught anything. He just is too ignorant to believe in anything he has never experienced.
    No, what's ignorant is the fact that you think "txtspk" is okay to use in official reports. What's ignorant is the fact that you defend poor grammar and lazy spelling using what you call "shorthand."

    The only ignorance in this thread is yours. You keep saying "several" years in the fire service, but won't admit to how many years "several" is. You say there is a teacher and a school district that is teaching "txtspk" and views it as okay while writing papers and reports, but won't say what school district.

    You're telling people that they need to "embrace change." Using "txtspk" isn't change, it's laziness. It's pure and simple laziness. In an official report, or on a forum, such as this one, where you're trying to ask questions and get answers, there is no need for "txtspk." There is no character limit like there is sending an SMS message, so there is no excuse for it whatsoever. If you want a legitimate, respectful reply from people, time should be put into typing out your questions. Adding 10 extra letters to a sentence so that you're typing with real words does not take that long.
    "A fire department that writes off civilians faster than an express line of 6 reasons or less is not progressive, it's dangerous, because it's run by fear. Fear does not save lives, it endangers them." -- Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

    "Because if you don't think you're good, nobody else will." -- DC Tom Laun (ret) Syracuse

  18. #78
    Forum Member CaptOldTimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 1999
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    7,202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nigma View Post
    More assumptions LOL. Nope not Mr D, but I do agree with him on a few things. Like the fact most of you are *** holes. And I am only "friends" with BurninLuv. So I guess since he is friends with Mr D, that makes me Mr D? You are friends with BULL321, BoxAlarm187, NFD-Firefighter, and 16 other people. Does that make you them? So I guess because someone in here is not an *** hole, and does not think they are gods of firefighting, then they must be Mr D? Hey BurninLuv, Are you also Mr D? What about you FireFighterERP? Anyone else here that does not have their head up their ***, are you also Mr D?

    Hey kid I have friends who are long term and some are short term firefighters. That is why I have as many friends which you have indicated. To be frank, I really didn't know that was the count. But, the main thing they know how to fight fire and take criticism and move along. They made it in the fire service by listening and learning from older members, like I did when I first started out.

    I've as others have seen more changes in the fire service than you could ever dream about. No we don't make reports out in short hand or some letters which no one could figure out. We have procedure which must be followed and the reports have to written in a way that the receiver, who ever that could be, would understand what they are reading.

    Cell text or whatever you guys want to call it is not understandable and used in the fire service.


    Just learn what you are suppose to learn. OK?
    Last edited by CaptOldTimer; 10-07-2012 at 12:53 PM.
    FyredUp and Chenzo like this.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

    Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

  19. #79
    Truckie SPFDRum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 1999
    Location
    St Paul, MN
    Posts
    2,513

    Default

    Is it possible that superwack, poser extraordinaire nigma makes even the likes of donna or scarecrow look intelligent?
    As directed towards FyredUp:
    Also notice you have this big issue against volunteer fire departments. Get rejected from a few did you? Guess volunteers can have the option not not accept *** holes.
    I don't care who you are, that crap is hilarious!!! So far from the truth, you almost have to feel sorry for the moron that made that statement. Note I said almost. Can't cure stupid.
    FyredUp likes this.
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

  20. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Hey kid I have friends who are long term and some are short term firefighters. That is why I have as many friends which you have indicated.
    Or maybe you just do like most people on Facebook and friend anyone who sends a request becasue you think it makes you popular.


    Quote Originally Posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Just learn what you are suppose to learn. OK?
    Oh I am. I am l learning that people like you, fyredup, captainoldfart, all need to retire and leave the firefighting to the younger people that have ability. I understand your anger, not able to get out of bed because your joints ache. Always forgetting where you put your gear. Getting lost on your way to the bathroom. But us younger guys can handle this. We know how to treat people like humans and not dogs. You are out dated and expired.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Probie Blog question
    By ffmedicintheCLE in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-09-2011, 01:43 PM
  2. Probie question...
    By gb1k in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 01-14-2011, 08:24 PM
  3. probie question!
    By famous337 in forum Probie House: The Place for Newbies
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-24-2009, 10:41 AM
  4. National Guard deployment/probie question
    By irishaviator86 in forum Probie House: The Place for Newbies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-09-2009, 07:39 PM
  5. Probie Question:
    By RFDExplorer in forum Probie House: The Place for Newbies
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-19-2006, 11:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts