Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: FIrst Ever Fire?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by scfire86 View Post
    Blah blah blah. I fought more fire than you've seen on TV. Please don't try to pass off your faux expertise as something valuable.
    And that is why you are my hero.

Not.
    Train to fight the fires you fight.

Quote Originally Posted by LaFireEducator View Post
    And that is why you are my hero.

Not.
    I wear the title of not being your "hero" title proudly.

While some believe one is defined by their friends, I believe one is better defined by one's enemies.

Thanks.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Well I guess until fire prevention becomes clairvoyant, or they find a way to remove the human element from the fire cause equation, I can't see myself wasting away on the bench quit yet.....
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SPFDRum View Post
    Well I guess until fire prevention becomes clairvoyant, or they find a way to remove the human element from the fire cause equation, I can't see myself wasting away on the bench quit yet.....
    And yes, there will always be fires, due to the human element but also the mechanical element, and every public educator, inspector or anyone else tied to that end of the business will acknowledge that.

And yes, that is why I still train on supression, because they will happen and in both of my current roles, i will still respond and fill a position..

And yes, there will always be fires, due to the human element but also the mechanical element, and every public educator, inspector or anyone else tied to that end of the business will acknowledge that.

And yes, that is why I still train on supression, because they will happen and in both of my current roles, i will still respond and fill a position..
    Why? You've made it very clear you don't plan on doing anything once you get there.

Forum Member

Why? You've made it very clear you don't plan on doing anything once you get there.
    Ya, that's exactly what i have said.

Not.

At least you are consistant as well.

Ya, that's exactly what i have said.

Not.

At least you are consistant as well.
    Actually you have. Your denial is also consistent.

Please keep posting. I used to think you were pathetic. Now I think you're hysterical like the moonbat from NC.

Forum Member

Really. So what have I said?

That I would make an effort to conduct offensive operations on stable, savable property with value given that I have the right number of people with the right training and a secure water supply with a minimal amount of risk to those members operating, and that I would be willing to take slightly more risk in situations where viable victims amy require rescue.

Ya, that's pretty much what I have said.

Really. So what have I said?

That I would make an effort to conduct offensive operations on stable, savable property with value given that I have the right number of people with the right training and a secure water supply with a minimal amount of risk to those members operating, and that I would be willing to take slightly more risk in situations where viable victims amy require rescue.

Ya, that's pretty much what I have said.
    Blah blah blah. Keep yapping.

You've made it clear you know nothing about real world suppression efforts or how to execute them effectively when conditions aren't perfect. Those of us who did the job know the real world rarely if ever presents one with the perfect scenario you describe. Yet we managed to do our jobs and go home.

I'm sure you look great in uniform prancing around at the volllies annual fundraiser claiming hero or demigod status from a group of folks who are clueless that you'll run the other way when they need you most.
    Last edited by scfire86; 11-28-2012 at 10:25 AM.

Forum Member

Blah blah blah. Keep yapping.

You've made it clear you know nothing about real world suppression efforts or how to execute them effectively when conditions aren't perfect. Those of us who did the job know the real world rarely if ever presents one with the perfect scenario you describe. Yet we managed to do our jobs and go home.
    I have exeuted tactics with less than perfect conditions and resources in the past, however, as I get older, I have come to realize that it's simply not worth it. The safety of my personnel come before both the safety of the public and thier property.

Fires are hotter. Buildings are less stable. And in most places, volunteer and career, manpower has been reduced. The only way to keep our members safe is to be less aggressive and accept that we will not be able to do what we have done in the past.

I have exeuted tactics with less than perfect conditions and resources in the past, however, as I get older, I have come to realize that it's simply not worth it. The safety of my personnel come before both the safety of the public and thier property.
    Only reinforcing the statement I made about you on the previous post. You need to hang up your faux fireman costume and go do the phony baloney job in Pub Ed. You can dazzle the clueless around the water cooler starting off each story with, "there I was..."

Fires are hotter. Buildings are less stable. And in most places, volunteer and career, manpower has been reduced. The only way to keep our members safe is to be less aggressive and accept that we will not be able to do what we have done in the past.
    And it's dark and scary when the streetlights go out at night.

Run along Bobby. You set low expectations for yourself and failed to achieve them.

Thread Information