The latest E-mail about AFG Awards and upcoming events.
Schedule for FY 2012 Grant Announcements
New Community Resilience Challenge Grant Available
SCHEDULE FOR FY 2012 GRANT ANNOUNCEMENTS
9/21/2012 FY 2012 award announcements began
9/30/2012 All awards suspended temporarily due to the end of the Federal fiscal year
Mid-October Award announcements resume and continue on a rolling basis until all available funds have been awarded
Late Fall FY 2012 Fire Prevention and Safety Application Period
Important Reminders for FY 2012 Grant Applicants
1. Award announcements will continue in mid-October. The list of new awardees will be posted each week on the Awards page for each grant program on the AFG website.
2. If your application is approved for award, the primary contact will receive a single e-mail notification from firstname.lastname@example.org; a copy of the e-mail message will be sent to the application's Mail Center in the e-Grant Application system. For confidentiality reasons, application decisions will not be released to anyone other the primary contact listed on the application.
3. Applicants will be required to formally ACCEPT or DECLINE their awards. This should be done as soon as possible after receiving award notification but no later than 30 days after the date of award. The award will not be final until the primary contact formally accepts the award using the e-Grant Application system. Instructions for doing this will be provided in the Award Notice. Grant funds that are declined will become available for award to other eligible applicants.
4. SAM REGISTRATION is required to receive any Federal award, including all AFG and SAFER grants. Awardees must be registered and have up-to-date information in the online System for Award Management or SAM, which has replaced the Central Contractor Registry (CCR). As with the CCR, SAM registration is FREE of charge, must be completed online, and is required of all Federal awardees.
NEW AWARDEES. If your organization was not registered in the CCR and has not registered yet in SAM, go to the SAM website and follow the FAQs and User Guides to complete the SAM registration process. Awardees will not be able to draw grant funds until they have completed the SAM registration process.
PREVIOUS AWARDEES. If you registered previously in the CCR, your data was migrated to the new SAM system, and you will be notified by e-mail when it is time for your annual data update. At that time you will need to create a new SAM account to check and verify your existing data. You don't have to do anything with SAM until it is time for your annual data update, unless there has been a change in your financial or payment information, e.g. DUNS number, payment address. In that case, you should open your SAM account immediately and enter the necessary updates.
QUESTIONS ABOUT SAM? Go to the SAM website and follow the FAQs and User Guides to complete the SAM registration process. If you are having trouble registering, the fastest way to get help is to visit the website of the Federal Service Desk (FSD). Read their Top FAQs About SAM Registration, User Guides (including one on How to Optimize Browser Settings for SAM), and other resource information. You also can call their toll-free number at 1-866-606-8220, but the FSD advises that their phone lines are very busy. If you need additional help, contact Jane Early or Chanee Williams.
5. You can periodically check the status of your application in two ways:
Check for a new message from “email@example.com” in the e-mail inbox of the application’s primary point of contact. If your application is approved for award, the primary contact will receive a single e-mail notification from firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is only notification that the applicant organization will receive;
Log in to your application using the same e-Grant Application system that you used to submit your application. Look in the AFG Mail Center for a copy of the e-mail notification sent to the primary contact on the application. If no new message is in the Mail Center or the Message Archive, then no decision has been made yet on your application.
6. All applicants will be notified of the decision made on their application regardless of whether they will receive an award.
NEW COMMUNITY RESILIENCE CHALLENGE GRANT AVAILABLE
FEMA recently announced a new funding opportunity: FEMA 2012 Community Resilience Challenge Grants. The opportunity is provided through the Rockefeller Foundation and FEMA and will be administered by the Los Angeles Emergency Preparedness Foundation who will act as a third-party intermediary.
Grant Objective: To foster community resilience nationally by identifying needs; mobilizing partners; and creating innovative, motivational, and effective solutions that can be grown, sustained, and replicated.
Eligibility: Agencies, institutions, business entities, associations, organizations, or groups operating within the local jurisdiction where the project will be conducted; must be located within the USA or its territories.
Application Process: Go to www.resiliencechallenge.org for a downloadable application, evaluation criteria, and other information.
Application Deadline: October 26, 2012. Applications may be sent by e-mail to Application@ResilienceChalleng e.org no later than 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
Questions: Send questions to the Los Angeles Emergency Preparedness Foundation at Questions@ResilienceChallenge. org, or call 213-325-3035.
NOTE: All information, including dates and projected application periods are subject to change. When a conference is listed, the AFG Program either will be exhibiting and/or giving a presentation or workshop.
September 30, 2012. End of Federal fiscal year.
October 7 -13, 2012. Fire Prevention Week
Mid-October (tentative). FY 2012 AFG and SAFER award announcements resume
October 26, 2012. Deadline for submitting FEMA Community Resilience Challenge Grant applications.
November 8-–11, 2012. Visit the AFG booth at the International Association of Fire Chiefs' (IAFC) Volunteer & Combination Officers Section "Symposium in the Sun," Clearwater Beach, Florida.
FY 2012 Fire Prevention and Safety Grant application period
AFG Home Page: www.fema.gov/firegrants
AFG Help Desk: E-mail: email@example.com
Telephone Toll-Free: 1-866-274-0960
September is National Preparedness Month. Pledge to Prepare by joining the National Preparedness Coalition now! Empower yourself and help coordinate preparedness activities for your family, neighbors and co-workers and those with whom you may study or worship.
Update Your E-mail Address | Change Delivery Preference | Update State and Zip Code | Unsubscribe
Subscribe to receive alerts during disasters in your state.
If you have questions or problems with the subscription service, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This service is provided to you at no charge by FEMA.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: 2012 AFG Update
10-03-2012, 08:43 AM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2005
2012 AFG Update
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By jhprice3 in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & FundingReplies: 27Last Post: 06-08-2012, 11:18 AM
By womanfirefighter in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & FundingReplies: 2Last Post: 04-16-2012, 11:03 AM
By jhprice3 in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & FundingReplies: 0Last Post: 03-14-2012, 12:42 AM
By firecat1 in forum The Off Duty ForumsReplies: 4Last Post: 01-03-2012, 08:38 AM
By jam24u in forum Federal FIRE ACT Grants & FundingReplies: 0Last Post: 08-17-2011, 11:17 AM