Forum Member

Default I need some advice about attaining a couple of certs.

I'm looking for some advice on where I can efficiently and economically acquire a couple of certs. I've analyzed where I'm at and I want to further my training so that I'm more marketable to potential employers and have more knowledge in general. My goal is to try to get a job in the future with a DOD dept. or as an overseas contractor. This is what I already have from my limited time in the military before I got out due to a drawback in force. FF I & II, Hazmat AWS, OPS and Tech, ARFF, first responder/CPR. What I want to get are all of my driver/operator certs for pumper, MWS & ARFF, telecommunicator I & II and EMT-B. I don't know what the best way to do this quickly and cheaply is? I've seen people mentioning TEEX and Alabama Fire College but I live in Missouri and was wondering if there are any places that train thoroughly and less expensively with DOD reciprocity closer to my neck of the woods? I've contemplated reenlisting in the reserves/guard cause I know I could get those certs there as well as more hands on training and experience but I'm not sure if that would be better for me as I strive toward my goal or if it would end up being a hindrance? I'm hoping someone can give me some advice or guidance please. Thanks.

Forum Member

you might post this under the federal for more responses

so how many years in """limited time in the military"""

Forum Member

I've already posted a similar thread in the federal forum and last time I checked it had about 120 views and the only response was from you. I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my posts. Maybe I should just PM you instead of making threads. I know the DOD Fire forum is only being maintained at best these days so I didn't even bother posting there. I think the most recent relevant thread there is over a year old. From what I've seen this is the most active FF forum. Anyway I'm really just trying to knock a couple of certs out in a concise and inexpensive matter so I have the documentation. I'd already have them plus some if it weren't for military cuts. I was also looking for some vets to maybe give me a recommendation or a word of advice. Talking to you has answered some of my questions, thank you.

Thread Information