Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Miami-Dade Fire Rescue is Hiring

Forum Member

Forum Member

This sucks for all 149 ff spots that will be affected .. Gotta love our local politicians

Forum Member

https://www.facebook.com/MiamiDadeFi...51595114877712

Miami-Dade Fire Rescue · 6,596 like this
    39 minutes ago near Miami, FL ·
    For the first time since our inception in 1935, Miami-Dade Fire Rescue has begun “Rolling Brown-Outs” throughout Miami-Dade County due to budget shortfalls. Brown-Outs are temporary unit reductions of service caused by staffing vacancies. The number and location of fire rescue trucks affected will vary from day-to-day.
    While these Brown-Outs may affect the response times to an emergency, the closures of fire rescue units is being implemented in a manner which spreads the reductions in service as evenly as possible throughout the county. These Brown-Outs could remain in effect through September 30, 2013.
    Despite the temporary reductions in service, ensuring the safety of our residents and visitors still remains our top priority. ‪#‎mdfrbrownouts‬
    19Like · · Share

Forum Member

As advice to everyone on the current MDFR list keeping their fingers crossed to get picked up: GO APPLY ELSEWHERE. Not trying to be a dick but it's a mess down here with budgeting and politics.

The first 40 recruits in academy now (class #124) are very close to getting their pink slips. It's also proposed that the next two recruit classes: #125 in 10/13 and #126 in 03/14 are going to be cancelled in order to save the department some money. Not really MDFRs fault but not very surprising either.

Forum Member

Does anyone have any information about what going on with the hiring at MDFR? Have they contacted anyone from the list? I heard they are planning on starting a new list early next year

Forum Member

Well its all rumors but I have been told they will be looking to hire again next year but off the list they made this year. Again its rumors but who knows

Forum Member

They didn't make a list this year - their last list is from Oct/2012 so I assume it would be that one? I have good sources that say they need about 100 plus but with the budget issues they had to hold off this year. Not sure what 2014 will bring if they can hire more?

Forum Member

They accepted apps in October but they gave the test in Jan 2013 and then they had the lottery and made the list after the test was given. That's why I said the list was from this year but if they consider the list from Oct then that's fine too. Its all the same list that i'm talking about at the end of the day.
    ecfire19 likes this.

Forum Member

Anyone here of what's going on with the hiring process

Forum Member

I heard they are hiring a class of 15 at the end of sept and 2 classes of 20 the next fiscal year. we will see what happens

Forum Member

Do you know if its going to be from this list or are they starting a new list?

Forum Member

Its going to be from the previous list. I had a buddy get an email asking if he was still interested in MDFR and if he was to reply by July 30. He was 73 on the list. They got a new foam truck at the airport which takes 15 guys to man between the 3 shifts. That's why they are hiring 15 the end of Sept. Another buddy that got hired last August in the first class of this list told me that a department email was sent out saying 3 classes of 15, 20, 20.

Thread Information