Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Montgomery County, Maryland 2012 hiring process for January 2013 class / info

Forum Member

Go to the MCFRD website click on employment, scroll down to the bottom of that and there is a email link just click on that man.

Forum Member

thanks for the help man,spoke to somebody today,doesnt look like its gonna work out,on to the next one

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo1547 View Post
    thanks for the help man,spoke to somebody today,doesnt look like its gonna work out,on to the next one
    Well what did they say? I know more people have gotten offers as of Monday but I don't know if they are finished with the conditional offers yet or not.

Forum Member

who did you speak with? And I think they might be giving offers out until the background stuff is complete which I heard should be done by the end of OCT.

Forum Member

Do you know how far down the list did they go,as far as the interview scores

Forum Member

just recently (last night) heard that about 50 offers have gone out so far as of this past Monday (don't know how accurate that is) but still A LOT of background checks/reference checks to do. It seems that things are on a two week cycle. One Monday they tell you your references will be checked and the next Monday/week you hear something about a offer. If that holds true this upcoming Monday/week people should hear something about reference checks. And I'm still hearing about 100 offers will go out...as of how far they will go down on the interview score list no one knows just depends on when they hit their number. But i also heard that this last batch of offers had people who scored 78 or above so maybe people below 78 will hear something this upcoming week? It really is disappointing how little information there is out there but I'm just sharing what i hear second hand at best but its better than nothing.

Forum Member

does anybody know how big the list is

Forum Member

I didnt hear how big the list was but you have to figure enough to cover for failed backgrounds, failed cpats, and failed medicals.

b_stevens the second hand info is better then nothing at all man, so thanks for that much atleast. Is it pretty reliable info though?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by wantachangeinpay View Post
    I didnt hear how big the list was but you have to figure enough to cover for failed backgrounds, failed cpats, and failed medicals.

b_stevens the second hand info is better then nothing at all man, so thanks for that much atleast. Is it pretty reliable info though?
    The first part i know on the sign in sheet there are 600 names but not everyone got a cpat invite so im guessing that was a interview list. I would guess there are about 300 candidates to go through and pick out for offers. All just guessing and what i have observed/ estimate.

If you have been going to cpat you have probably noticed that the number of people showing up has consistently been going down and i heard part of that reason was because people have been told that they are no longer being considered. Yet, new people are also starting to show up for the first time and they have offers. So its hard to tell exactly where things stand.

The info i receive in terms of reliability varies. Most of the stuff i have put up here like 80 positions and 100 offers going out and A LOT more references/background checks to be done i would say thats 99% reliable. Things like 50 offers have gone out so far as of this past monday i would say 65-75% reliable.

During one of the work outs this past week one of the instructors said that they would need a list of all the conditional offers 4 weeks before the Cpat test is given to be able to start giving the practice timed cpats as everyone who has an offer needs to be given the opportunity to do 2 timed practice sessions. There are 7 weeks until the test so that means 2 or 3 weeks left to possibly hear something. After that people would just be hoping that a lot of things go wrong with people who have offers so that they would have to extend more offers out.

Other than that, that's all i have heard and ill post anything else i hear. My prediction by just putting things together that I've heard/ noticed i would say that they have 1 more round of references and offers to give out. Things were slowed down by a week or 2 because the Lt. promotions were happening simultaneously and they took priority and the new recruits were put on the back burner for a little. Now promotions are finished up with people started getting offers again. Hopefully, tomorrow we hear something one way or another but don't hold your breath.

One last thing, also during this week a different instructor said that if you haven't received an offer that things probably don't look good and that they thought the deadline had passed but he wasn't completely sure about that. One thing i've kept in mind is that if they dont wont you they would tell you because they dont want you getting hurt while training for them which would leave them open for legal action. That's why people can't workout at the academy unless its cpat or your a county volunteer, legal reasons. I know people wouldn't really go that route if they got injured during cpat training but the county would still want to cover their butts just in case someone did. Just a little something to put some reason into your mind and just know that as long as you've heard nothing, your still in it.

Forum Member

Once again thanks for the information man. I got a email saying that my background,CPAT,and medical will come up quickly and that I'm well positioned for a offer but just haven't gotten one yet so I don't know if she was just being nice or not haha. I know my references have all been contacted as of this past thursday so hopefully I still have a shot.

Forum Member

Just curious, did you email them first or did they email you and was that this past monday? Also did you meet with a investigator? I haven't heard anything regarding where I personally stand in the hiring process. If its not to private did you score above or below 78 on the oral interview. No problem on the info. I'm just trying to find out as much info as possible also. You can also private message me if you want. I was going to send you one but you don't have it turned on
    Last edited by b_stevens; 10-21-2012 at 07:55 PM.

Forum Member

I tried to pm you don't know if it worked or not. You can try to pm me back if not

Forum Member

anybody hear anything

Forum Member

well another week went by,anybody hear any news

Forum Member

Got a email saying that the second group of backgrounds just turned in Friday and that there were more offers to come out within a couple more weeks..... Anyone know if CPAT mentoring is canceled for tomorrow??

Forum Member

did anybody get 2 emails saying that they are still sending out job offers,and that they want to try and get 2 classes off this list

Forum Member

letsgo, I have recieved the same email from them a few days ago

Forum Member

any more offers?

Forum Member

not yet,and by the looks of it i missed anne arundel's closing date

Forum Member

received an offer. just a heads up to anyone out there.

Thread Information