Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Montgomery County, Maryland 2012 hiring process for January 2013 class / info

Forum Member

just wondering what you got on your interview

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo1547 View Post
    just wondering what you got on your interview
    and are you a medic or military?

Forum Member

PM sent out

MembersZone Subscriber

Received offer at 1705 last night, keep checking your inbox's.
    Last edited by JSartini; 11-16-2012 at 12:50 PM.

Forum Member

what did you get on your interview

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo1547 View Post
    what did you get on your interview
    Medic or military?

Forum Member

does anybody know how many offers went out and how many are still to go out

Forum Member

has anybody heard anything else

Forum Member

got an email saying that all the offers went out,good luck to everyone who got one

Forum Member

spoke with somebody from the hiring division,she said that the list got approved to be extended for 6 months and that they are trying to have another class later this year

Forum Member

PM sent out

Forum Member

does anybody know when the current class graduates and how far down the list did they go

Forum Member

has anybody heard anything

Forum Member

Has anyone received any emails in the past month or so? i think the last set of emails they sent was in late January (3 emails in like 10 mins) and heard that backgrounds will start up again and emails should be going out for that soon...

There are a couple rumors floating around about a new class starting in july or august.
    Last edited by b_stevens; 02-19-2013 at 04:03 PM.

Forum Member

i got an email about a month ago to update them if you got any new certs. thats about it

Forum Member

I think that was the last email they sent out and apparently not everyone on the remaining eligible list received that email. I think they are being more selective this time. Instead of notifying everyone (Like last time), they've notified just the ones they more than likely will offer. Just something i have heard rumored around by a couple different people this past week. I don't know how much stock i put into that but....I'll just leave it at that.

Heard the class will start something like 2 weeks or so after this current class ends and will be big. Somewhere between 50-65.

Also, just heard that they might open up the application process again in July 2013 for a January 2014 class. This shouldn't have any impact on anyone currently on the eligible list unless you don't get selected for the next (July/August 2013) class. Either way people left on the eligible list should know by then if they have a offer or not and know if they will need to apply or not.

last piece of info i heard was that they would be starting to send out emails to get the background checks started within the next week or so. That was a week and a half ago, so maybe someone will hear something by the end of this week or next. I haven't heard of anyone receiving an email since January though.

Final thing I've heard not directly related to hiring was that soon (by end of June) A LOT of career guys are going to be putting in for retirement. This could be why there is such a huge hiring push going on right now....

All of this info is just stuff I've heard from UNOFFICIAL (non-hiring position) people. No one in the hiring department has told me any of this. Its just stuff i hear from different current firefighters (Career and Volunteer) in Montgomery so take everything with a grain of salt.

Forum Member

Interesting news. I had all but written this off until I received a call this morning to interview. I already caught on with a smaller Dept. in Va, but I'm strongly considering getting involved in the process again. Anyone have specifics for MCFR? 24/48? Run ALS out of every house? Residency requirements?

I remember being impressed with their presentation, and I took some notes on them but I don't have access to them at the moment...and may not have time to review before my interview on Monday.

Forum Member

would this be your first interview with mcfr or is it something different with your backround

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tomson75 View Post
    Interesting news. I had all but written this off until I received a call this morning to interview. I already caught on with a smaller Dept. in Va, but I'm strongly considering getting involved in the process again. Anyone have specifics for MCFR? 24/48? Run ALS out of every house? Residency requirements?

I remember being impressed with their presentation, and I took some notes on them but I don't have access to them at the moment...and may not have time to review before my interview on Monday.
    24/48 with a kelly day. ALS in every house, usually running 4 to an engine with ALS on board. Not sure of residency, but when I went through the academy there were a ton of guys from PA in my class

Forum Member

has anybody else heard anything

Thread Information