Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Montgomery County, Maryland 2012 hiring process for January 2013 class / info

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by letsgo1547 View Post
    would this be your first interview with mcfr or is it something different with your backround

I had an interview last year before accepting a position with a smaller Department in VA. I didn't really intend to pursue it, and never replied to the emails asking me to take myself out of the process if I wasn't interested. I believe I got an 82? on my first go-round. I did well on the tests, although my interpersonal score was ridiculously low.

I decided to take myself out this time simply because the pay isn't significantly more than what I'm making now, and I would have to commute over 2.5 hours. If it were 24/72 I'd be all over it. I wish I could do it, but logistically it doesn't make sense. Besides, I've already jumped ship on one department in my short career...not sure I want to make it a habit.

The guys I talked to on the phone sounded VERY motivated to get a class together...it sucks turning down an offer from a department better than the one you're currently at.

Good luck to everyone going for it....seemed like a good place to work.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by afakhori View Post
    24/48 with a kelly day. ALS in every house, usually running 4 to an engine with ALS on board. Not sure of residency, but when I went through the academy there were a ton of guys from PA in my class

I took myself out of the process, but thanks anyway.

Forum Member

has anyone heard anything regarding offers? I had my meeting with the background investigator a few weeks ago but haven't heard anything since.

I hope to hear something by early/mid May for an offer. Just wondering if anyone else has received or know of other people getting one yet.

Forum Member

what were your scores like if you dont mind me asking and what was included in the meeting with the background investigator

Forum Member

Default Background Investigation

Has anyone received any COE's yet?? I was told by my investigator that my background investigation looked good and that was submitted three weeks ago today. Have not heard anything further aside from some emails stated offers would be going out soon.

For any guys going through the process have you looked into living situations down in Rockville? I had heard that often times recruits will grab a place close to the academy to circumvent excessive travel times every morning.

Good luck to anyone else out there going through the process.

Forum Member

Anyone get an offer yet? Heard they started to send them out...last time offers were sent out over a few weeks. Guess we will all know something soon
    Last edited by b_stevens; 04-17-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Forum Member

55+ to be hired over the next year for a January '14 class as per recruitment email.

Forum Member

If you interviewed and spoke with an investigator you should be getting offers soon. I got mine last Wednesday and I have my physical tomorrow. This is for recruit class 38 that is due to start July '13. Also, there is an upcoming test that will open on May 1st. Good luck to all those trying!
    b_stevens likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDRes1cueNY View Post
    If you interviewed and spoke with an investigator you should be getting offers soon. I got mine last Wednesday and I have my physical tomorrow. This is for recruit class 38 that is due to start July '13. Also, there is an upcoming test that will open on May 1st. Good luck to all those trying!
    First, Congratulations! Second, Im currently waiting to hear from Montgomery. I met and spoke with an investigator a few weeks ago. I was just wondering how sure are you that if you spoke with an investigator you should be getting a offer soon? I'm checking my emails every 30 seconds haha

Forum Member

Got my Email to sit for the upcoming written exam
    To the men who were there that day, my utmost respect.
    To those that will be there the next time, Ill be there by your side

Forum Member

Got mine to! Def excited about it! Really want this dept!
    tonsoffun1101 likes this.

Forum Member

Default App

I am confused on this app. What do we need to bring to test day and what do we need to mail?

Forum Member

RIGHT FROM MCFRS EMAIL THEY SENT EVERYONE.....

[You must print and fill out the entire background packet, checklist, forms and then bring everything with you on the day of your exam. The packet requires a lot of information (names of relatives, contact info, references etc.) Do not wait until the last minute to complete the packet.

You must bring the completed packet, forms and required documentation with you to the exam. You will not be permitted to take the exam without the background packet.

The documentation should be neatly organized and held together by only a clip. Do not place it in a folder, binder or envelop.

Make a copy of your completed packet for your reference.]

I didn't see anything about mailing anything in...

Forum Member

Good luck to everyone who took the 2013 written test. I passed they said we would hear about interviews in couple of weeks

Forum Member

passed here as well

Forum Member

Anyone get an interview? I wonder if they will take people based on their written score.

Forum Member

Havent heard anything back from the dept yet

Good thing's happening

Has anyone heard anything ? I know they posted on their recruitment Facebook page that they haven't sent anything out yet but this was about 2 weeks ago if not more. If anyone within the department knows of anything that would be greatly appreciated.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesrule1024 View Post
    Has anyone heard anything ? I know they posted on their recruitment Facebook page that they haven't sent anything out yet but this was about 2 weeks ago if not more. If anyone within the department knows of anything that would be greatly appreciated.
    Nope, no need to worry though. With the large amount of applicants that they have to go through, it's going to take time. Long and tedious process, but well worth it. Once people start hearing things I'm sure it'll make its way on here. Keep an eye on the recruiting page as you already are. Best of luck.

Forum Member

received an Email about passing the test and scores being sent out. also that they are reviewing back ground info and intend to start interviews soon.

Thread Information