+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 First ... 2345
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Montgomery County, Maryland 2012 hiring process for January 2013 class / info

Forum Member

JD1122 I believe we took the CWH test for mont co. which is one of the most common written fire test on the east coast. I've taken it for several other depts also. I wouldn't get discouraged, do the practice test and read up on there study guide. It does a very good job of portraying the actual test itself

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by tonsoffun1101 View Post
    JD1122 I believe we took the CWH test for mont co. which is one of the most common written fire test on the east coast. I've taken it for several other depts also. I wouldn't get discouraged, do the practice test and read up on there study guide. It does a very good job of portraying the actual test itself

I've taken over 10 tests and none of them were like that.

I studied and trained for months, over 100 question variations and NONE of those questions were on the test.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JD1122 View Post
    I've taken over 10 tests and none of them were like that.

I studied and trained for months, over 100 question variations and NONE of those questions were on the test.
    No clue where you tested or what you were studying, but the DC Metro area has this test frequently. Fairfax, Prince William, Mont Co and plenty others. They supply you with the material, the test co's website has practice exams which you can take a countless number of. Yes, they aren't the same questions come test day, but what company would put the study questions on the test....

I'd say I was sorry that you wasted your time for studying the wrong material, but after you told individuals who got hired in Howard Co that, "you hoped a lot of you fail out of the academy.", I'll say that I continue to hope the process does what it's suppose to do and weed out individuals such as yourself. The fire service doesn't have room for individuals like you.
    tonsoffun1101 and Maiser44 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by smoothbore27 View Post
    No clue where you tested or what you were studying, but the DC Metro area has this test frequently. Fairfax, Prince William, Mont Co and plenty others. They supply you with the material, the test co's website has practice exams which you can take a countless number of. Yes, they aren't the same questions come test day, but what company would put the study questions on the test....

I'd say I was sorry that you wasted your time for studying the wrong material, but after you told individuals who got hired in Howard Co that, "you hoped a lot of you fail out of the academy.", I'll say that I continue to hope the process does what it's suppose to do and weed out individuals such as yourself. The fire service doesn't have room for individuals like you.

Deal with it, this is a competitive process, if you don't like it you can hit the road.

Good thing's happening

I am disappointed with your reply, in no way can your comments in this thread or other's be justified. We all know every process is competitive as we all are going through it. To put others down or hope that they fail is in no way shape or form acceptable in the fire service and with that attitude you will not last. Does it suck that you did terrible ? Hell yeah it does but learn from it so you can improve for the next process that you decide to do. I wish you the best with your future quests to be a career firefighter.
    tonsoffun1101 likes this.

Forum Member

Anybody hear anything yet?

Good thing's happening

Quote Originally Posted by b_stevens View Post
    Anybody hear anything yet?
    It's all quiet, I was told by my investigator that they are in a holding pattern right now.

Good thing's happening

Just curious to see how many people here got job offers ? I did get one as well. Also anyone know what schedule MoCo works ? And the best place to rent a apt ?

Rob

Forum Member

24/48 w/ a kelly day. If your looking to live near the academy, rockville and gaithersburg are your best bets. PM me if interested in a place nearby....

Forum Member

Has anyone heard anything about the possible second recruit class from the last test?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 First ... 2345

Thread Information