+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 First ... 2345
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Montgomery County, Maryland 2012 hiring process for January 2013 class / info

  1. #101
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    poconos PA USA
    Posts
    272

    Default

    JD1122 I believe we took the CWH test for mont co. which is one of the most common written fire test on the east coast. I've taken it for several other depts also. I wouldn't get discouraged, do the practice test and read up on there study guide. It does a very good job of portraying the actual test itself

  2. #102
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tonsoffun1101 View Post
    JD1122 I believe we took the CWH test for mont co. which is one of the most common written fire test on the east coast. I've taken it for several other depts also. I wouldn't get discouraged, do the practice test and read up on there study guide. It does a very good job of portraying the actual test itself

    I've taken over 10 tests and none of them were like that.

    I studied and trained for months, over 100 question variations and NONE of those questions were on the test.

  3. #103
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JD1122 View Post
    I've taken over 10 tests and none of them were like that.

    I studied and trained for months, over 100 question variations and NONE of those questions were on the test.
    No clue where you tested or what you were studying, but the DC Metro area has this test frequently. Fairfax, Prince William, Mont Co and plenty others. They supply you with the material, the test co's website has practice exams which you can take a countless number of. Yes, they aren't the same questions come test day, but what company would put the study questions on the test....

    I'd say I was sorry that you wasted your time for studying the wrong material, but after you told individuals who got hired in Howard Co that, "you hoped a lot of you fail out of the academy.", I'll say that I continue to hope the process does what it's suppose to do and weed out individuals such as yourself. The fire service doesn't have room for individuals like you.
    tonsoffun1101 and Maiser44 like this.

  4. #104
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smoothbore27 View Post
    No clue where you tested or what you were studying, but the DC Metro area has this test frequently. Fairfax, Prince William, Mont Co and plenty others. They supply you with the material, the test co's website has practice exams which you can take a countless number of. Yes, they aren't the same questions come test day, but what company would put the study questions on the test....

    I'd say I was sorry that you wasted your time for studying the wrong material, but after you told individuals who got hired in Howard Co that, "you hoped a lot of you fail out of the academy.", I'll say that I continue to hope the process does what it's suppose to do and weed out individuals such as yourself. The fire service doesn't have room for individuals like you.

    Deal with it, this is a competitive process, if you don't like it you can hit the road.

  5. #105
    Good thing's happening

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NYC to NC to NY
    Posts
    486

    Default

    I am disappointed with your reply, in no way can your comments in this thread or other's be justified. We all know every process is competitive as we all are going through it. To put others down or hope that they fail is in no way shape or form acceptable in the fire service and with that attitude you will not last. Does it suck that you did terrible ? Hell yeah it does but learn from it so you can improve for the next process that you decide to do. I wish you the best with your future quests to be a career firefighter.
    tonsoffun1101 likes this.

  6. #106
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Anybody hear anything yet?

  7. #107
    Good thing's happening

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NYC to NC to NY
    Posts
    486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by b_stevens View Post
    Anybody hear anything yet?
    It's all quiet, I was told by my investigator that they are in a holding pattern right now.

  8. #108
    Good thing's happening

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    NYC to NC to NY
    Posts
    486

    Default

    Just curious to see how many people here got job offers ? I did get one as well. Also anyone know what schedule MoCo works ? And the best place to rent a apt ?

    Rob

  9. #109
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    9

    Default

    24/48 w/ a kelly day. If your looking to live near the academy, rockville and gaithersburg are your best bets. PM me if interested in a place nearby....

  10. #110
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Has anyone heard anything about the possible second recruit class from the last test?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 First ... 2345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Stafford County, VA 2012-2013
    By smprfi0231 in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-18-2012, 02:04 PM
  2. Chesterfield County, VA 2011 - 2012 hiring process
    By jaylalley in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-28-2012, 02:36 PM
  3. Prince William County,Virginia 2012/2013
    By SeagraveBaby in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-24-2012, 10:15 PM
  4. Montgomery County Maryland Is Now Hiring
    By MANOFSTEEL in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 04-01-2011, 10:38 AM
  5. Important FYI-Montgomery County, Maryland
    By NJFFSA16 in forum Volunteer Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-10-2004, 08:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register