Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Montgomery County, Maryland 2012 hiring process for January 2013 class / info

Forum Member

Default Montgomery County, Maryland 2012 hiring process for January 2013 class / info

Ok does anyone who is still currently in the hiring process for the recruit school in January 2013 REALLY HAVE ANY INFO?????? Has anyone had a conditional job offer yet which I dont understand how they do that with out going through the CPAT first but ok, or any word on the background check stuff like any of your references been contacted? Or anything about just being elminated from the process. It just seems that the communications for this process is slim. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Forum Member

i know a few people have received a conditional offer. (don't have an exact number) A conditional offer means that as long as you pass CPAT and medical you will get hired. People who have conditional offers have already had their background and references checked. The only people i know so far to receive a conditional offer are people who have scored "Excellent" on the oral exam. Other people in the next bracket i think its called "Great" or "Above Average" have been told they are having their references/background checked. I found this out just by talking to people currently in CPAT mentoring. So basically if you scored a 78 or above on the oral interview you could have received an email or heard something. I have yet to talk to someone that scored below a 78 hear anything one way or the other.

As i understand it, it just takes time to get through everyone and they are slowly working their way down the list based off of your oral interview scores. Don't lose hope yet we should all hear something soon one way or another in the next couple weeks or so. They will tell us if we are no longer being considered for the position. I do know someone who has been told they are no longer being considered due to background. Another person i know as well was originally told they were no longer being considered (guessing due to a poor score on the oral) but then they found out they were a medic and they were told they were being reconsidered. Don't know if that is the exact reason why they are reconsidering them but it seems that way.

A rumor i heard was that the county may keep this list active for next year as well and that even if you don't get picked for this class (January) you could still be eligible for a future class without having to go through the entire process again. Again just a rumor and i don't think there is much truth to it but who knows.

I do know that there are 80 positions (multiple career people have said this) and they are obviously going to give out more than 80 offers because not everyone will accept the job, pass cpat or medical or even stay injury free. The most offers i have heard that will go out is 100 but that's just what i heard. Could be more, could be less.

Just stay in shape and hope to hear something before November....hope i helped you out a bit there

Forum Member

well i got a date for the CPAT,im praying that i get a conditional offer,havent heard anything yet,hope is running out

Forum Member

Letsgo.

What is your date for the CPAT

Forum Member

i know this isnt the correct forum but has anyone taken the Balto Co fd test aswell? has anyone heard anything from that?

Forum Member

i got december 14 for my cpat date

Forum Member

I got the same date. Did all your references get something in a email yet?

Forum Member

i dont believe so,did yours

Forum Member

Yes they just got emails from MCFRD. Have you been down to talk to the back ground investigator in Gaithersburg yet though? What have they told you at this point as far as where you are in the process?

Forum Member

no i havent,i guess im not gonna be getting that offer

Forum Member

Are you still going to do the CPAT then? They don't really give a lot of info to the applicants man I would them rather just come out and say your done then to keep dragging you along ya know what im saying?

Forum Member

i know what your saying,but yes i am still going to take the cpat

Forum Member

Yea I would still take it man it couldn't hurt.

Forum Member

does anybody know of anyother fire department in maryland that will be hiring soon

Forum Member

Frederick county just did a process but it was for part-time, couple of my friends just went through it.

Forum Member

Ok so has anyone heard if offers are still being sent out? There's gotta be someone on this forum who has some inside info?

Forum Member

Stiill havent heard anything,i think its on to the next one

Forum Member

still nothing,called human resources,waiting for a call back

Forum Member

Nothing at all? What about your background stuff. Has that been started yet? Have you talked to the investigator guy yet?

Forum Member

do you have a contact number or an email address for the investigators

Thread Information