Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Fdny emt 3024

Forum Member

Thanks diesel.. Dcas is confusing on its own hopefully it means nothing and we get into septembers class

Forum Member

Just got off the phone with my investigator ; calls will start going out the beginning of September

Forum Member

Sounds good .. Did you figure out your situation ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by RDiesel View Post
    Sounds good .. Did you figure out your situation ?
    Yea she says dcas gives a update but it doesn't necessarily mean much if you've already done your physical, psych , medical and background ; a friend of mine who's on the job says the class has been filled already and it's a matter of 1-2 weeks before calls go out.. It's just a rumor though bro

Forum Member

***WARNIING*** Long Rambling Post Ahead, lol

Hello everyone, I have a quick question. I really am just freaking out like everyone else with anticipation and figured I would see what you all thought on here. I am in the early 300's on the 3024 EMT list. Needles to say I am itching to get into this September Class. I completed my Psych at the beginning of July and my Medical at the end of June. Everything has been done now for a while.

Last week on Tuesday I received a call from the investigation unit but it wasn't my regular investigator. I had been asked to supply a copy of my driving abstract from another State. I submitted this back at the beginning of June when they asked for it but somehow it must have not ended up in my file. The person asked me to email him a copy. I emailed it the same day and he confirmed he received it and that he would give it to a supervisor for approval. In the email I asked if he was my new investigator as he was not the person I had previously been assigned. He said he was reviewing my file and that my investigator was still the same.

I don't have close contact with may of my previous employers but I do have it with two of them. I had wondered why they hadn't received anything yet from FDNY but I just assumed it was because they were located in Florida and mail can take forever sometimes. Today I received info from two previous employers that they received letters in the mail from FDNY confirming employment.

Here is my questions/concern. Do you think because they driving abstract was not found in my file it delayed me at all? I worry that if my letters are just now being received by my previous employers that there may be slim chance I will be in the September class. Grant it, I have no idea if my current employer has received anything or not. They could have received something in June for all I know. I currently work for a large non-profit so have no way of checking with HR to know. I would ASSUME that the reason another person was looking over my file was because they were looking at it for the Sept class but I wonder if them finding those issues set me back or if it just means I am still up for it they just need to get that information as well. I know lots of places that technically continue the "vetting" process well after you are initially hired. I don't know if them not having the letters from my previous employers means I would not be able to get a call if my number comes up.

Needless to say this is the ranting post of a person extremely excited/anxious at the possibility of starting in September. If anybody has any insight I would appreciate it. I am thinking of emailing the person that asked me for the abstract and asking if my file was delayed because that information was missing.

Thanks everyone!

Forum Member

That's good to know ...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cyclingmedic View Post

Hello everyone, I have a quick question. I really am just freaking out like everyone else with anticipation and figured I would see what you all thought on here. I am in the early 300's on the 3024 EMT list. Needles to say I am itching to get into this September Class. I completed my Psych at the beginning of July and my Medical at the end of June. Everything has been done now for a while.

Last week on Tuesday I received a call from the investigation unit but it wasn't my regular investigator. I had been asked to supply a copy of my driving abstract from another State. I submitted this back at the beginning of June when they asked for it but somehow it must have not ended up in my file. The person asked me to email him a copy. I emailed it the same day and he confirmed he received it and that he would give it to a supervisor for approval. In the email I asked if he was my new investigator as he was not the person I had previously been assigned. He said he was reviewing my file and that my investigator was still the same.

I don't have close contact with may of my previous employers but I do have it with two of them. I had wondered why they hadn't received anything yet from FDNY but I just assumed it was because they were located in Florida and mail can take forever sometimes. Today I received info from two previous employers that they received letters in the mail from FDNY confirming employment.

Here is my questions/concern. Do you think because they driving abstract was not found in my file it delayed me at all? I worry that if my letters are just now being received by my previous employers that there may be slim chance I will be in the September class. Grant it, I have no idea if my current employer has received anything or not. They could have received something in June for all I know. I currently work for a large non-profit so have no way of checking with HR to know. I would ASSUME that the reason another person was looking over my file was because they were looking at it for the Sept class but I wonder if them finding those issues set me back or if it just means I am still up for it they just need to get that information as well. I know lots of places that technically continue the "vetting" process well after you are initially hired. I don't know if them not having the letters from my previous employers means I would not be able to get a call if my number comes up.

Needless to say this is the ranting post of a person extremely excited/anxious at the possibility of starting in September. If anybody has any insight I would appreciate it. I am thinking of emailing the person that asked me for the abstract and asking if my file was delayed because that information was missing.

Thanks everyone!

I also received a call from someone asking me to questions about my job history that was given months ago .. I'm off the prev list. Even got a call from my investigator asking me about HS which confused me when they have a copy of my HS diploma and college degree???.. I guess they just check and recheck and check again lol..

It's an impatient waiting game that will teach you the art of patience!

Forum Member

Thanks everyone!
    I just received an email back from an investigator saying it did not delay my process "at all." So I guess I am still crossing my fingers for September.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beyondme View Post
    I also received a call from someone asking me to questions about my job history that was given months ago .. I'm off the prev list. Even got a call from my investigator asking me about HS which confused me when they have a copy of my HS diploma and college degree???.. I guess they just check and recheck and check again lol..

It's an impatient waiting game that will teach you the art of patience!
    I feel left out not getting any calls man lol.. It's kind of nerve wracking

Forum Member

I just received an email back from an investigator saying it did not delay my process "at all." So I guess I am still crossing my fingers for September.
    Did your investigator give any word on when academy will start ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by oz_leo View Post
    Did your investigator give any word on when academy will start ?
    Come on, lol. You know they are way more cryptic than that. There was no word on any of that.

Forum Member

Worth a shot LOL

Forum Member

first off, i want to address cyclingmedic... the fact that they were reviewing your folder is a good sign that you have a shot at september. I know you already got an email back from the guy saying that it did not delay you, i wanted to say the same thing. As long as you sent them what was missing, and you did it right away, that means your folder is complete and still being reviewed currently (if you didnt get it in right away that would make your folder incomplete then they gotta put it to the side till the next class).

second i want to address oz... chillax bro, the fact that you didnt receive a phone call is not a bad thing (perhaps your file is complete and being reviewed). they only make the phone calls if when they review your folder stuff is missing)

and in terms of when the academy starts, i heard rumors from some of the instructors that it is the 23rd of sept. class of 120

Forum Member

Anyone in the academy now know how long before they received their call that their past employers received notice?

Forum Member

Default Pt

I am assuming jogging is involved in the academy. Does anybody remember how much?

Forum Member

any idea on how many people have failed from our list?.. i think there had to be at least 10-15 fails at my physical agility

Forum Member

any idea on how many people have failed from our list?.. i think there had to be at least 10-15 fails at my physical agility
    I couldn't really see how many people were failing but I know I saw 2-3 drop out on the stairs. I also know 2 or 3 out of the 14 people at my medical went on reserve but they could have been approved by now. This numbers game is insane but will be over for some of us by the end of this next week hopefully.

Forum Member

anyone get called ?

Forum Member

anyone get called ?
    Calls started going out already ?

Forum Member

calls will be starting in september. patience is a virtue

Thread Information